Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by WiltOnTilt (High Stakes)

Showdown at Buffalo Ridge: Episode Eight

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Showdown at Buffalo Ridge: Episode Eight by WiltOnTilt, jk3a

Jk3a and WIltOnTilt wrap up their heads up series with this episode of mid/high stakes hand reviews.

About Showdown at Buffalo Ridge Subscribe to

Jk3a and WiltOnTilt work their hand reading magic at the Heads Up tables. Taking the premise of the previous Buffalo series the boys move to hand ranges in the mid/high stakes Heads Up games.

Tags

wiltontilt jk3a showdown at buffalo ridge hh review hand replayer heads up hunlhe

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 47 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Showdown at Buffalo Ridge: Episode Eight

or track by Email or RSS

ipwnflips

34 posts
Joined 04/2010

Great series guys, i think more of the same with maybe a mix of 6max and HU with quizes like the moneytrain series? Nothing wrong with a little DC member interaction right?

Looking forward to more vids guys

Posted over 3 years ago

PaperV

19 posts
Joined 01/2008

Yes enjoyable series with some nice critical thinking

Posted over 3 years ago

fishunho

15 posts
Joined 09/2008

Bluesjammin

96 posts
Joined 10/2010

Love to see you live sweat each other playing hu or even 6 max! See u deal with game flow/ metagame/ tilt etc.
You could play against eachother and see from different sides each week! Oh baby do it!
Anyways, Great vids guys. Really helped my hand reading and tht processes alot.

Posted over 3 years ago

woezy

176 posts
Joined 10/2009

Very nice series. I prefer vid reviews because they are more fun to watch, but i learned more from this probably.
As for more from you? I obv would like to see more mid/high level heads up vids in general from dc, and you guys clearly form a great pair so that would fit in it. jk3a playing some midstakes regs (format aka headhunters, but level down) and you both commenting on it? With some focus on getting better in a bumhunting midstakes world?

Posted over 3 years ago

woezy

176 posts
Joined 10/2009

really good hands this video.
Hand 2: Could you elaborate more on your 4betting range vs this sort of guys? I totally get the '4bet playable hands' kind of stuff, but are you completely depolarising your range but making a tough decision where to cut off when he jams (say call AJ fold AT), or are you still polarising some (say 4bet/call AJ, leave out those middle aces with tough decisions if he jams, and then 4bet A8s and below and J8s and the likes).
I hope it is clear what I am trying to get to here.

Hand 1: nice hand, agree with everything, would play the same. maybe not the peel on the turn but too lazy too look it back up what it was all about. Ax on the river is a bluffraise too right? There are no real blocker issues that I am not thinking about I hope.

Hand 3: I think preflop your 3bet size is too small imo, you can easily go 44 and even 48, especially when you say your 3bet range is really strong (at least stronger than mine in that spot, combined with villains tendencies), leaving money on the table there imo. Flop bet is too small but you addressed that. River I was thinking you could fold (even with all these ranges and doesnt make sense stuff) but once you said he was capable of bluffing here (most fish/bad regs/whatevs aren't}, obv go with it.

Posted over 3 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2541 posts
Joined 10/2007

really good hands this video.
Hand 2: Could you elaborate more on your 4betting range vs this sort of guys? I totally get the '4bet playable hands' kind of stuff, but are you completely depolarising your range but making a tough decision where to cut off when he jams (say call AJ fold AT), or are you still polarising some (say 4bet/call AJ, leave out those middle aces with tough decisions if he jams, and then 4bet A8s and below and J8s and the likes).
I hope it is clear what I am trying to get to here.

Given that this guy isn't some kind of reg, i think it becomes much easier to 4bet/fold value hands. Yes he was aggro pre with the 3betting but i think it takes another level of aggro to be 5bet shipping over 4bets. This is often a difference between someone who is a reg and willing to sling stacks around pre and a recreational player who are often what i refer to as "1 step" aggro and not necessarily "2 step" aggro. You see this a lot with cbetting a lot and not 2 barreling, or checkraising flops a lot but not following through on the turn, and in spots like this 3betting a lot but not necessarily 5betting real wide. Obv each player is different but my default assumption, especially after seeing a guy flat 4bets a lot, is that the more hands they flat 4bets with the less inclined they are to 5bet ship light, mostly because they feel fine just clicking call. So their 5bet range i assume to be still pretty strong until either frequency or showdown indicates otherwise. So I think even just value 4betting a hand like AJ and folding to a 5bet is probably not that bad against many of these types and I'm willing to get exploited the first couple times before adjusting my read. I wouldn't take this approach vs someone I suspected could 5bet jam light (so this includes basically any type of hu regular).

Given that we feel like we can 4bet fold lots of hands because the villain's default inclination is to call instead of fold, i think that opens up the ability to 4bet any reasonably playable hand like you mentioned. J8s, Q9s, K4s, ATo, KQo if we want, but isn't required. Certainly flatting those hands is also going to be fine vs an aggro 3bettor as well, so the determination would come from game flow/recent history and how fit or fold he is playing in 4bet pots. You will find some of these types who play super aggro pre but when it comes to stack committing decisions in 4bet pots they become less inclined to pull the trigger.

But again, everyone is different.

Hand 1: nice hand, agree with everything, would play the same. maybe not the peel on the turn but too lazy too look it back up what it was all about. Ax on the river is a bluffraise too right? There are no real blocker issues that I am not thinking about I hope.

Yea no blocker issues, I'd probably be bluff raising with about anything here except maybe 5x or a set

Hand 3: I think preflop your 3bet size is too small imo, you can easily go 44 and even 48, especially when you say your 3bet range is really strong (at least stronger than mine in that spot, combined with villains tendencies), leaving money on the table there imo. Flop bet is too small but you addressed that. River I was thinking you could fold (even with all these ranges and doesnt make sense stuff) but once you said he was capable of bluffing here (most fish/bad regs/whatevs aren't}, obv go with it.

Yea this was a pretty tough hand, i agree many ppl might not be willing to bluff here, obv having some idea of what your opponent is capable of makes all the difference, even though it didn't work out this time.

Posted over 3 years ago

woezy

176 posts
Joined 10/2009

zenben

1270 posts
Joined 03/2009

Time Link to 00:34:12

I'm pretty sure the SN is related to the highest level of measurement/scale of measurement where there is a non-arbitrary level of zero (e.g. the Kelvin scale for temp).

In statistics, it's important to remember that statistical measures (mean/median/mode/range/standard deviation, etc) can only be applied to ratio-level variables. If you try and use these measures on a variable that is only measurable on a lower-level scale (interval/ordinal/nominal) it will not be meaningful. Interestingly, sciences like psychology have very few, if any variables that can be measured on a ratio scale, yet they are one of the leading scientific fields who use statistics to uncover truth.

Posted about 3 years ago

sillewater

9 posts
Joined 07/2011

Why was Hand 1 played so badly by Villain. Is it because he is overrepping his hand?

Posted over 2 years ago

jk3a

898 posts
Joined 01/2008

Why was Hand 1 played so badly by Villain. Is it because he is overrepping his hand?

mostly relative to his turn donk bet as in it makes little sense for value and little sense as a bluff. c/c or c/r are both likely better

Posted over 2 years ago

sillewater

9 posts
Joined 07/2011

hucash

11 posts
Joined 09/2011

5*s i watched this series in 2 days thanks again really liked this format some of teh decisions were really interesting and supised me no end esp the 4 flush call with tp on river tx for all your hard work hopefully we get to see more of this format again esp if it was with you too guys

and fwiw keep the banter/chat at start its a nice way to get into the video.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Showdown at Buffalo Ridge : Episode Eight