Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (Mid Stakes)

pr1nnyraiding: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

pr1nnyraiding: Episode Three by KRANTZ, WiltOnTilt

In Episode 3, KRANTZ and WiltOnTilt examine how to beat up the loose passive donkeys at HU NLHE. They talk about building a General strategy against them to take advantage of their biggest mistakes as well as devising counter-strategies to stay one step ahead of donkey mindset. The episode concludes with several hands displaying how to maximally exploit this player type.

About pr1nnyraiding Subscribe to

Krantz and WiltOnTilt provide a heads up No Limit primer. A comprehensive guide to beating small stakes HU NLHE.

Tags

krantz wiltontilt heads up hunl no limit hold'em ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 55 minutes long
  • Posted about 6 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for pr1nnyraiding: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

PanchoStern

750 posts
Joined 02/2008

LAGityTAGity

4 posts
Joined 07/2009

the is some missing audio early in this video

Posted over 4 years ago

SnappieVouz

2610 posts
Joined 03/2009

Time Link to 00:51:46

The whole episode it has been about that players like this can't make thin valuebets,

not sure how the river is going to be played, but now I see this villian betting thirth pair?
Can you say that he was bluffing here or is 'they are not thin value betting' a general assumption you can always take in place untill a certain player has shown you he can?

Posted over 4 years ago

glendobbs

38 posts
Joined 04/2009

is this out of sync for anybody else? I've tried downloading the WMV and streaming it but it appears to be the same.

Posted over 4 years ago

burningmoney

7 posts
Joined 12/2009

At around 22.05 where Krantz talks about the Jack being a good card to barrel on if we were holding, say T9, I can't really see what you expect to fold here that called the flop other than an unsuited Ace high. I mean he's calling all his flush draws and all his pocket pairs, and any 4x and any 3x. Is it worth betting here just to fold out random unsuited aces that might have called the flop?

Posted over 4 years ago

libertines

7 posts
Joined 11/2009

Time Link to 00:26:50

With JQ on 54J88:
I assume you would fold to a river raise against LP villain, right? Would you fold to a turn raise between min and pot?

Posted over 4 years ago

libertines

7 posts
Joined 11/2009

Time Link to 00:53:50

"These guys just don't bet the river with the intention of folding." --WiltOnTilt

This is very very very true. At lower limits, even a lot of the tagfish who show strength on the river can't fold to a check-raise. If I have a weird backdoor draw that hits the river, and villain most likely has a *strong* (2 pair+) range, I can often check-raise all-in on the river and get a call, even if it's a huge overbet.

It's a great way to get value when villain has a stronger than average hand... but of course as Wilt says, that also makes it a bad spot to bluff.

Posted over 4 years ago

Tiltshkee

1 posts
Joined 06/2010

Time Link to 00:13:25

If he bets $60 on the river or pot do you ever call there?

Posted almost 4 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2542 posts
Joined 10/2007

If he bets $60 on the river or pot do you ever call there?

As always it depends but i think you can definitely reason out a call on the river here given 2 flush draws missed and his range for peeling pre and on the flop can be so side (and the turn brings more straight draws). It would be nice to have a previous read that the guy is either capable of turning made hands into bluffs or he doesn't understand showdown value/hand values. Without those reads it becomes a tougher spot because he can definitely have 6x here pretty easily, but he probably doesn't value bet 8x that "big" on the river if he manages to get here with it, and given the number of hands he can have in his range that "could" bluff, i think i'd call first and make a note.

Posted almost 4 years ago

cavino

3 posts
Joined 11/2010

Time Link to 00:12:55

If the river is an overcard to your nine you're still value betting, correct? If a ten, jack, queen, or king hits then you can safely assume he will call with smaller nines still as well as some fives...I'm guessing. or would u prefer to check since you're out of position (if he were first to act and checked then he is more likely to be weak and less likely to be slowplaying imo).

Posted over 3 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2542 posts
Joined 10/2007

If the river is an overcard to your nine you're still value betting, correct? If a ten, jack, queen, or king hits then you can safely assume he will call with smaller nines still as well as some fives...I'm guessing. or would u prefer to check since you're out of position (if he were first to act and checked then he is more likely to be weak and less likely to be slowplaying imo).

we'd still value bet all those cards

Posted over 3 years ago

iluv68

666 posts
Joined 03/2011

Still relevant, here is a perfect example of a "WTF, how does he call that?!" at 25NL HU. We had not gotten out of line in any other pot prior:

Merge Network $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 1709659
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: $25.05
Hero (BB): $25.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J Club 7 Club
BTN/SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, BTN/SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) 2 Spade 2 Heart 6 Club (2 players)
Hero bets $2.75, BTN/SB calls $2.75

Turn: ($10.00) 3 Club (2 players)
Hero bets $6.00, BTN/SB calls $6

River: ($22.00) 9 Heart (2 players)
Hero bets $14.25 all in, BTN/SB calls $14.05 all in

Final Pot: $50.10
BTN/SB shows A Diamond 3 Spade (Two Pair Threes and Twos)
Hero shows J Club 7 Club (Pair of Twos)
BTN/SB wins $49.60
(Rake: $0.50)

He totally put me on AK

Posted about 2 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2542 posts
Joined 10/2007

glad you are finding the videos helpful, bummed that the bluff didnt work!

Posted about 2 years ago

iluv68

666 posts
Joined 03/2011

glad you are finding the videos helpful, bummed that the bluff didnt work!

They have been very helpful, expect posts on the next videos for all 3 Seasons!
I am totally OK with the bluff not working, I learned the "hard"/better way of actually going through the pain of bluffing a passive calling station...shows how I can bet for thin value in spots vs these type of villains.

Posted about 2 years ago

axel1

83 posts
Joined 04/2010

First I have to say that this serie is really good, thanks alot!

I have a question to the 78 hand where you get check/raised on a 895r board around minute 35. Don't you think that it's better to fold, because we just have 4 clean outs and the other 5 outs can bring us easily in a revers implied odds situation since 55, 88, 99 and 89 are a big part of his range? Also we saw before that he is not capable to bet TP for value, so it's really unlikely for him to have a hand like A9 or K9.

Posted almost 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → pr1nnyraiding : Episode 3