Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (Mid Stakes)

pr1nnyraiding: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.

pr1nnyraiding: Episode One by KRANTZ, WiltOnTilt

In Episode One of "pr1nnyraiding," KRANTZ and WiltOnTilt walk you through the basics of head's up no limit play, discussion the power of the button, preflop handranges, player types, and table selection.

About pr1nnyraiding Subscribe to

Krantz and WiltOnTilt provide a heads up No Limit primer. A comprehensive guide to beating small stakes HU NLHE.

Tags

krantz wiltontilt pr1nnyraiding heads up hunl ssnl no limit ipod friendly psychology table selection

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for pr1nnyraiding: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

Sigurd

24 posts
Joined 01/2008

markuisis

28 posts
Joined 01/2008

LouPinella

59 posts
Joined 01/2008

Enjoyed the kick off! I'm not sold on playing short stacks however. Maybe this is geared more for someone just wanting to learn HU, but I have found shorties are the worst players in terms of never going off for a big number and hit and running for stupid amounts. Seldom in my years of playing HU have I seen a short stack go off for 4+ buyins when match is over. I would much prefer sitting with a big stack where I have greater potential than him. The key to heads up in my opinion is finding the guys who will tilt and have massive ego's and will just play and play when clearly momentum isn't going their way. Maybe later in the series this will be covered.

Regarding Pokertracker, my view is when you start off playing HU you shouldn't be playing multiple tables nor should you use PT as a crutch. Maybe my view is skewed since I have never used PT in my years of playing HU, but if you simply pay attention to the action at the table you can throw stats out the window.

Please don't take this as a negative comment post, as I love always learning more about HU strategy esp. from two great players, I just wanted to offer a different perspective to perhaps change my own thinking on the above subjects.

LP

Posted over 9 years ago

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

Enjoyed the kick off! I'm not sold on playing short stacks however. Maybe this is geared more for someone just wanting to learn HU, but I have found shorties are the worst players in terms of never going off for a big number and hit and running for stupid amounts. Seldom in my years of playing HU have I seen a short stack go off for 4+ buyins when match is over. I would much prefer sitting with a big stack where I have greater potential than him. The key to heads up in my opinion is finding the guys who will tilt and have massive ego's and will just play and play when clearly momentum isn't going their way. Maybe later in the series this will be covered.

Regarding Pokertracker, my view is when you start off playing HU you shouldn't be playing multiple tables nor should you use PT as a crutch. Maybe my view is skewed since I have never used PT in my years of playing HU, but if you simply pay attention to the action at the table you can throw stats out the window.

Please don't take this as a negative comment post, as I love always learning more about HU strategy esp. from two great players, I just wanted to offer a different perspective to perhaps change my own thinking on the above subjects.

LP

Very good point regarding PT, and this is something that we'll be touching on throughout the series. Stats are a way of IDENTIFY-ing :-) your opponent as quickly as possible, but they are not guidelines for how to play against them. You'll want to rely on your General strategy and counterstrategies to beat them, not numbers on the screen.

As for the short stacks, you might change your mind after you see Episode Two. And you might not - those guys can be tilty to play against and make you play badly, especially when they hit and run.

Posted over 9 years ago

rusty trombone

102 posts
Joined 01/2008

the flash version stops and jumps back the start once it gets to the OOP portion.

i had a similar problem with wilts video, so if this is on my end and you guys know how to troubleshoot this, please let me know.

Posted over 9 years ago

Entity

8666 posts
Joined 11/2006

the flash version stops and jumps back the start once it gets to the OOP portion.

i had a similar problem with wilts video, so if this is on my end and you guys know how to troubleshoot this, please let me know.

I've heard of the problem but have never been able to duplicate it. Sooooo tough to troubleshoot some of these fancy flash errors unfortunately. What is the time marker where this happens for you? I can try to run it on a few computers but I've already watched it straight through with no errors, so I really have no idea what it could be.

Try upgrading flash (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/) and let us know what your browser/computer stats are but honestly there's not much we can do to troubleshoot these voodoo errors remotely. Download it FTW so you can enjoy it in the meantime. Smile

Rob

Posted over 9 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2990 posts
Joined 10/2007

Hey Lou, thanks for the post.

I tend to agree with you that playing shortstacks isn't the ideal, but we're trying to cover all the bases so that if there are no full stacks around to play, you guys will know how to beat up on the shorties :-)

Also I agree I probably didn't reiterate enough about how the stats are just a guideline and psychology is king when it comes to HU NL. I'll be talking about that more as the series progresses.

For everyone's benefit, the purpose of the stats is to give you a starting point, not an ending point. Use the stats to get a general feel for what you can expect, then use your reads on the player and current game flow to make the majority of your decisions. There are certain stats though, like cbet%, checkraise%, fold to cbet% that simply do not lie and those stats should be taken heavily into consideration when determining counter strategies for various opponents.

WoT

Posted over 9 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2990 posts
Joined 10/2007

Oh ya, and Sigurd i couldn't agree more about the intro. Entity did one hell of a job on that :-) I love it and watch it like 5x per day haha!

Posted over 9 years ago

Kwantum

691 posts
Joined 01/2008

Entity

8666 posts
Joined 11/2006

oopsipooped

41 posts
Joined 01/2008

Very nice. Can you post that HUD layout?

Posted over 9 years ago

Kwantum

691 posts
Joined 01/2008

WoT -- Nice tip on how people who manually post the blinds are more likely to be hit'n'run artists. Smile

Posted over 9 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2990 posts
Joined 10/2007

Very nice. Can you post that HUD layout?

turoati, here ya go.

right click, save as: http://www.plusevpoker.com/ftphu.pah

WoT

Posted over 9 years ago

shyturtle27

394 posts
Joined 02/2008

Awesome freaking season opener! Great general outline of preflop play and everything. Couple of questions however:

1.) In my experience in HU I've seen great HU players open 60%+ hands from the button and be considered TAG. The general guidelines layed out in this video is a bit over half of that. Are these just "open everytime regardless of villian" type hands or are they a default range to play against an unknown until you find his style and adjust?

2.) I haven't moved up the 50NL yet (that's the losest stakes HUCASH is spread I think) and the only HU experience I can get is playing HUSNG's. How would you guys adjust this strategy to these? Tighter or looser? Less aggressive?

Thanks!

Posted over 9 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → pr1nnyraiding : Episode One