Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (Mid Stakes)

pr1nnyraiding S2: Episode Seven

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

pr1nnyraiding S2: Episode Seven by KRANTZ, WiltOnTilt

WiltOnTilt and KRANTZ near the end of their epic series. This episode they review some select hands of Wilt's and discuss his thought process at the time as well as what he might have done better.

About pr1nnyraiding S2 Subscribe to

KRANTZ and WiltOnTilt are back as we do some more Pr1nnyraiding. This season we move up to the midstakes of HU NLHE and take on a whole new identity of aggression and dominance.

Tags

krantz wiltontilt pr1nnyraiding s2 heads up nlhe midstakes ipod friendly hand replayer $3/6 $2/4

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for pr1nnyraiding S2: Episode Seven

or track by Email or RSS

illmatic919

8 posts
Joined 07/2008

Michard P Raul

78 posts
Joined 08/2008

Why am I seeing 1.5/5 stars?

Who is responsible for this?!

Watching now.

Posted almost 9 years ago

simonpoker

1221 posts
Joined 02/2008

Why am I seeing 1.5/5 stars?

Who is responsible for this?!

Watching now.

me I guess didn't let me rate it higher than that

Michard P Raul

78 posts
Joined 08/2008

41:00

55... This hand was before the 56 hand (56 was 4:20, 55 was 4:13, times at top), and I don't think he owned you necesarily. I'd def be looking him up in this spot, as his range is polarized, and I honestly run into maniacs' lines sometimes where I think they might actually not know whether they are bluffing or betting for value here. Hard to say based on only 2 hands obv. and I can't figure out of this is a thin v-bet or a bluff w/o better reads.

I think it matters a lot that this hand happened before the 56 hand tho. What are your thoughts..? This is too 'vacuumy' imo.

[edit] why are my posts looking so screwy?..

ThrillCory90

230 posts
Joined 12/2008

With respect to the 55 vs. 99 hand, what would be the proper counter adjustment to his adjustment. Should you be more apt to check call to the river with a lot of your very strong hands and let him value bet himself? Should you be bluff check raising the turn or river more often with the hands you would normally bluff catch with?

dispatch3d

61 posts
Joined 12/2007

good vid.

what do you think of a river ship with t5 on the 5673Thhss board?

also do you like your play on the second underpair calldown. As in, are there other reasons/factors that your play in that hand might have been bad in this particular instance?

Michard P Raul

78 posts
Joined 08/2008

do you like your play on the second underpair calldown. As in, are there other reasons/factors that your play in that hand might have been bad in this particular instance?

With the info that we're giving, and seeing that this hand came before the 56 hand, it really can't be bad. WoT explained that he had a read that villain wouldn't be betting thin, which should rule out everything but Kx/boats. When he pots, w/ this read, his range should be super polarized to the very narrow end of his range (very few combos of hands he beats us with), and tons of air (lots of combos we beat).

This is why these review hands are kind of tough, we are in a vacuum here, and w/ the few reads given, I can't see why this would ever be a bad call.

tokyopolice

1 posts
Joined 09/2008

I have a general question regarding 4-betting,

With all the light 3-betting that is going on in HUNL these days, why doesn't anybody 4-bet to 18-20bb's(basically like a click back), with a greater 4-bet bluff/speculative hands frequency.

Why do 4-bets to 24-27bb's work better? As a villain, Calling OOP without the initiative, even to just 18-20bb's seems pretty hard to play with.

What type of opponents would min-4bets work well against(if any)?

WiltOnTilt

2988 posts
Joined 10/2007

I have a general question regarding 4-betting,

With all the light 3-betting that is going on in HUNL these days, why doesn't anybody 4-bet to 18-20bb's(basically like a click back), with a greater 4-bet bluff/speculative hands frequency.

Why do 4-bets to 24-27bb's work better? As a villain, Calling OOP without the initiative, even to just 18-20bb's seems pretty hard to play with.

What type of opponents would min-4bets work well against(if any)?

people are folding less and less to the 24-27bb 4bets... the reason we dont click it back is because people won't fold to them (too good of a price to just call and play fit or fold).

the guys the cib 4bet would work best against are the mathematically unaware and the massively multitabling hu regs who just aren't paying enough attention... beyond that it's probably not going to work much vs most people (at least, not the second or third time you do it).

easycall

8 posts
Joined 02/2008

hmm. i should have watched this vid last week so i knew you would try to 5 or 6 bet bluff me haha

MattSLY

1001 posts
Joined 11/2008

In the hand that was discussed at about the 10 min point, what if you were up against a maniac and you were 100bb deep? Lets say he cbets too much, would you just ship it in over his cbet on this kind of flop?

Also, around 14:20 Krantz says that the only time he would 4bet QTs PF is vs players who call all 4bets. My question is does this only apply when you are atleast 200bb deep or does this recommendation apply to when you are playing 100bb deep too?

Posted over 8 years ago

Liquid Cash

144 posts
Joined 07/2011

Time Link to 00:10:58

Here you get 3-bet you call he pots the flop you min raise he calls turn 5h you bet half pot and he folds. What if the turn was a 2c or something like that do you still bet?

Posted almost 6 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → pr1nnyraiding S2 : Episode Seven