Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by DOGISHEAD (Micro/Small Stakes)

DogIsHeads UP: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

DogIsHeads UP: Episode One by DOGISHEAD, Gman

DOGISHEAD and Gman debut their first series with DeucesCracked.com. They mix up the series with theory and session videos as they move up the limits. This video kicks us off with basic terminology and theory in heads up.

About DogIsHeads UP Subscribe to

You asked for it. You got it. The DOG in all his glory along with Gman discuss theory and actual play as they move from 50NL to 5000NL Heads Up.

Tags

dogishead gman dogisheads up powerpoint ipod friendly hu nlhe small stakes

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 77 minutes long
  • Posted almost 6 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for DogIsHeads UP: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

czzarr

243 posts
Joined 02/2008

you are so scary smart
sick, just sick

Posted almost 6 years ago

chob18

46 posts
Joined 07/2008

I have a question concerning the last HH Gman analized : is the river bet really standard ?

I mean usually low stakes player like to slowplay and be passive when they flop something out of position, so the opponent is likely to have a jack in that spot. Contrary to what Gman says I don't think many players will go to showdown with A high in that spot, the board is extremely connected and it's unlikely we're 3 barrels bluffing. Of course we can get value from 8x but aren't we value cutting oursleves more often in that spot ?

On the other hand, we don't bluff the opponent off many better hands (almost none of them except TT).

So I don't really see how that bet can be standard without a read on our opponent.

shark_fishin

266 posts
Joined 03/2008

DaGr8Gatzby

11 posts
Joined 09/2008

Wow. This video was exactly what I needed to refine my thought process. I'm having some difficulty with the small stakes so I believe this was a step in the right direction. It was clear, concise, and the metaphors were not too bad.

Gman

282 posts
Joined 10/2008

I have a question concerning the last HH Gman analized : is the river bet really standard ?

I mean usually low stakes player like to slowplay and be passive when they flop something out of position, so the opponent is likely to have a jack in that spot. Contrary to what Gman says I don't think many players will go to showdown with A high in that spot, the board is extremely connected and it's unlikely we're 3 barrels bluffing. Of course we can get value from 8x but aren't we value cutting oursleves more often in that spot ?

On the other hand, we don't bluff the opponent off many better hands (almost none of them except TT).

So I don't really see how that bet can be standard without a read on our opponent.

Please check out the earlier comments. I responded to a similar question like this already. And FWIW I wanted to make our hand slightly stronger here too in the example so there wouldn't be as much debate, but DIH convinced me otherwise Smile

fenhir

2 posts
Joined 07/2008

Hey guys,

I hope you all enjoy this. This is obviously the first shot I've had at doing this sort of a presentation, so please be as critical as possible in your comments. I am extremely anxious as to how well this does, so the more comments the better. Please let me know what you think. Smile

DOGISHEAD

You speak very quickly. So I would wish to have subtitles sometimes.

The presentation is good. One sees that the teacher has invested a good amount of efford to produce it.

For the informational part of the video I am devided in two coloums. The one is: At a lot of spots the informational benefit is great. The other is: In a few spots I felt like sitting in a just time-consuming marketing-meeting with a lot of the usual marketing-blahblah or in your case psychological-blahblah.

Please forgive me but you wanted criticism. Good ones and bad ones too -- I hope.

Overall this first video of the series is good enough that I want to see more. 4 stars as I hope I will see better ones which deserve my 5 stars for one of the greatest videos I've ever seen. On a scale from 0 to 10 it would be a 8.

Acombfosho

3147 posts
Joined 06/2008

paopao

4 posts
Joined 12/2008

Hello guys,

this is my first video that i saw here on deucecracked. The presentation was great!

badboyboogie

1 posts
Joined 12/2008

thanks, my all time favorite poker video!

the final analogy about the automatic pilot becoming the ship,
is the final step of mastery in any arts. i don't know if you talk about it later in the series, but the 4 steps are known as:

1.unconscious incompetence: (you don't know you're a bad player)
2.conscious incompetence: (you know you're bad and you try to improve)
3.conscious competence: (you know how to play well, but you still struggle doing it).
4.unconscious competence: (you don't have to think anymore, you simply play well. you go with the flow, you're in the zone)

Soepgroente

493 posts
Joined 07/2008

Ahhhh I finally understand where "SHIP IT" comes from Grin

Oh btw awesome video, this is the kinda stuff I was looking for when I signed up with deucescracked. Watching the other vids of this series asap!

porcupine

3 posts
Joined 10/2008

trankuility

1 posts
Joined 01/2009

Wow, just wow. EXCELLENT video. Informative, fun, and thought provoking. Really really good.

I just have one question. At one point, Dog, you mention that at these stakes you should be less inclined to Cbet a dry board and more inclined to Cbet a coordinated board. Shouldn't it be the opposite? Seems that it's much easier for anyone, especially loose bad players to hit something on a coordinated board or try drawing to something so will call too often when you miss. Seems like it would be easier for them to give up when you Cbet a dry board since it's harder for them to catch a piece or draw. Mind clarifying?

mrjusticerowlatt

248 posts
Joined 09/2008

Great work man. Looking forward to seeing where you sail that ship. That range flow chart is a fantastic tool to use.

PS I like Garret's voice

d'oh

mtoc

46 posts
Joined 11/2008

Best fking theory(presentation?) video ever !!! Awesome ! omg omg

Posted over 5 years ago

kabouter

2 posts
Joined 07/2009

Just signed up for DC today and this is the first video I watched. Just wanted to comment on it; great video! The way you communicate your thought process is just amazing.
Now excuse me while I go and hammer some planks, cause I am building a ship!

Posted over 5 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → DogIsHeads UP : Episode One