Mixed Games Poker Forums

2/4 TD multiway with a bad draw and a J

or track by Email or RSS

iamvillain

26 posts
Joined 01/2012

not sure i played this hand well...streets?

bettor otr is a dc member so i thought he could have a bluff there

Poker Stars $2/$4 Limit 2-7 Triple Draw Lowball - 4 players - View hand 1638524
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Draw: (1.5 SB) Hero is BB with Q Diamond Q Spade 6 Club 4 Diamond 3 Diamond
CO folds, BTN raises, SB calls, Hero calls

First Draw: (6 SB) (3 players)
SB draws 2, Hero draws 2, BTN draws 1
Hand: K Diamond J Diamond 6 Club 4 Diamond 3 Diamond
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets, SB calls, Hero calls

Second Draw: (4.5 BB) (3 players)
SB draws 1, Hero draws 2, BTN draws 1
Hand: J Club 7 Diamond 6 Club 4 Diamond 3 Diamond
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Third Draw: (4.5 BB) (3 players)
SB draws 1, Hero stands pat, BTN draws 1
Hand: J Club 7 Diamond 6 Club 4 Diamond 3 Diamond
SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets, SB folds, Hero calls

Posted almost 3 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

I fold this pre. You have no 2, you have a 1 gap 3 card run, and you're OOP to the raiser. Not to say you need a 2 to defend in the BB, but it's just one of the factors.

On the flop, I fold because your hand is still bad and BT only drew 1.

On the river, I draw 1 because you're not a favorite with a J against 2 opponents drawing 1. Sure, your only looking to hit a miracle 2 or possibly 8/9, but I like that better than staying pat since they are favored.

HJD

1017 posts
Joined 05/2010

draw 1 instead of patting, a J will just lose alot vs 2 1cds. id also assume anyone that checks back 1:2:1* isnt very good and/or passive and unlikely to bluff there. even if they do, we have so many better hands in our range to call with that this is a nspafold for me. pot is relatively small too.

iamvillain

26 posts
Joined 01/2012

ty

what to do if btn bets ott? foldaments? with bigger pot call?

HJD

1017 posts
Joined 05/2010

i think folding pre or otf would be kinda bad given you're closing the action and getting really nice odds. if BTN bet i would call and draw one again ott too.

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

I fold this pre 3-way, especially with a competent opponent on the button. This draw is just so medicore multiway and so hard to make a hand that will hold up at showdown. I defend this HU.

As played, I would fold the flop once Btn draws 1. If he had drawn 2 or more I think peeling is more defensible.

Definitely break the J on the turn. Even if the equities are similar to patting the J or drawing to 7653x, you have terrible implied odds when you pat, but at least ok implied odds when you break.

Also, just fold the river. This has to be close to the absolute worst hand you will have in this spot.

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

i think folding pre or otf would be kinda bad given you're closing the action and getting really nice odds

The odds are decent, but you're still sitting there with a pretty bad hand OOP (to the raiser) in a multiway pot. I don't think the odds make up for those factors, but then again, I tend to just avoid spots like these as much as possible. I could be giving up a small amount of EV, but I am just not happy about playing 346xx in this spot. I feel like SB has a 2 a good % of the time, and BT has one at least some % of the time. Not that we need a 2 all the time, but it would obv help. So we are getting involved OOP hoping to catch an early deuce or make some rough hand that will be tough to play OOP.

HJD

1017 posts
Joined 05/2010

you guys are damn nits. also we have perfect relative position, so im not buying this OOP stuff.

Slide, if BTN is checking back here, he isnt very competent imo and knowing we can get free draws just makes me want to call pre and otf even more.

im not saying its a great spot or anything, but i dislike folding.

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

you guys are damn nits

guilty!

if BTN is checking back here

In hindsight, I like playing the hand since we got the free draw. But we had no way of knowing that would happen. OP didn't have a read other than that he was a DC member, which obv points to likely being decent.

HomePoker ForumsMixed Games → 2/4 TD multiway with a bad draw and a J