Poker Video: Misc/Other by DeathDonkey (Mid Stakes)

Mentor: DeathDonkey (#8) - $3/6 Triple Draw

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Mentor: DeathDonkey (#8) - $3/6 Triple Draw by DeathDonkey

DeathDonkey reviews some $3/6 play from Snowboard789.

About Mentor Subscribe to

DeucesCracked coaches Mentor their students in these coaching videos.

Tags

deathdonkey mentor ipod friendly triple draw

Video Details

• Game: other
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 51 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mentor: DeathDonkey (#8) - $3/6 Triple Draw

or track by Email or RSS

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

really donk 88 etc here after he raised turn and pat? this is not in my arsenal to bluff into pat hands. maybe only because villain is good? like who folds here? i think doing this in a bet/pat or check/pat villain is better?

His range is very weak here, what's he supposed to do with his unbreakable tens (and even some jacks) on the turn? Some guys will freeze, but others raise there 100% when intending to pat, I did note later in the video that he seemed to not check back river as often as maybe I would think from the situations. Might have just been situational variance though.

If you don't sometimes bluff into pat hands than you can't donk for value as often (which you should be doing!), or you have a spot where you basically never bluff, and this goes directly back to my rambling in the video about bad regs that are 100% predictable.

Posted almost 3 years ago

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

You're not seriously advocating c/c'ing #11 in MeMe's spot as a default after Hero pats the turn IP? leading out is way the best play there imo and i really dont think its close.

Yeah, you are right, I thought it was close at replay speed but its really not, since we have such a wide range of garbage pats there. In general against better players though its not as vital to lead river for value quite as much as they will value cut themselves sometimes for you, and you induce some last barrel bluffs from their snows.

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

The thinking here is, that if a good player 3bets your UTG open, his range is ahead of your 1cd range. Therefore you should only cap your pats and call all your 1cds.

this +1

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

You saw the small blind just completed pre and took 1 right?

Yea, but we're still only drawing at 652xx and we have a 3rd player behind us. I think you might be over-estimating how weak their ranges are here. SB can have hands as strong as 8743, 8643 when he shows down with 87643 on the river. i don't think its correct to assume he was only drawing at 8764/7643 type hands. Also, I don't think he auto-bets all his 1-c draws unimproved on the flop. I guess I know this because I have some reads on villain, given these reads are you still peeling the flop?

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:27:49

I ended up 3-betting 8732x rather than calling and draw 2 reasoning both my opponents are going to have relatively wide ranges and my 87s are going to hold up more often as well as be able to potentially value bet them on the river. Thoughts on this? FWIW, I break 8742x here.

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:35:37

I ended up making 87532. I think its close to a value cap, but felt if snowboard was ever capable of breaking something I didn't really want to encourage that. I also know he's rarely getting out of line here.

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

am i not supposed to cap everything here even if i know he is pat or 1cd (usually)in this spot so slide cannot break down my exact hand as a 4card draw without a 2?

I actually made a multi-tabling mistake here and thought it was folded to me on the button. That said, I agree with the others. I think capping in this spot against my range is a mistake and you should call all your 1-c draws.

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Such a nitty check SIide Smile

I think I should check some reasonably strong hands like this sometimes!

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

Yeah slide I think you played both those hands you linked to fine

HJD

1017 posts
Joined 05/2010

I think I should check some reasonably strong hands like this sometimes!

id much prefer to check a stronger hand and c/r it.

Radar

111 posts
Joined 10/2011

Time Link to 00:09:20

Okay, THIS threw me for a loop.

You've got a J6543; -why- would you discard the 6 here? Yes, Only 543 makes the nuts, and best case scenario, you're drawing to an 8-6, but it seems to me to be easier to catch one good card vs. two perfect cards.

I mean, you would have to catch 72 exactly to make a 7-5, or an 82 to make an 8-5. It would seem to me your odds of hitting one of those perfect card combinations is worse than drawing one card to an 8-6.

Posted over 2 years ago

snowboard789

521 posts
Joined 03/2011

cause with 3456 you have some death cards coming (7,2) and these are good cards if they come with 345

Posted over 2 years ago

Radar

111 posts
Joined 10/2011

Yeah, but here's my thinking on this:

Even if you draw one of the death cards, you're still looking at a better one-card draw for the 3rd draw, i.e., even if you make the 6-high straight, you're now a 1-card draw away from a 75, and you're in position, so you know if Troll is going to draw there. If he stands-pat, yes, you can get away from it, but to me, 6543x gives you 4 outs to an 8-6, 4 outs to a 9-6. A 2 or a 7 gives you a re-draw to a 7-5.

With only one draw, the odds calculator says that the 543xx is a slight edge favorite over the 6543x hand, but that's only for single-draw. I don't know how that second draw affects the odds.

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=9748846

Posted over 2 years ago

snowboard789

521 posts
Joined 03/2011

the thing is by drawing you get a 2x chance to get one of the good cards we want to continue and put bets on the river etc

Posted over 2 years ago

rubbishaka80

555 posts
Joined 07/2007

HomePoker ForumsMixed Games → Mentor : DeathDonkey (#8) - $3/6 Triple Draw