Poker Video: Omaha/Omaha 8 by danzasmack (Micro/Small Stakes)

Splitting Peanuts: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Splitting Peanuts: Episode Three by danzasmack, BigBadBabar

Danzasmack reviews a 2-tabling session by BigBadBabar at $1/2 O8.

About Splitting Peanuts Subscribe to

Danzasmack coaches BigBadBabar as he ventures into the world of small stakes short handed o8!

Tags

danzasmack splitting peanuts bigbadbabar lo8

Video Details

• Game: mixed
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 55 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Splitting Peanuts: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

Noah.

441 posts
Joined 10/2010

Thanks for the great series so far guys. It's been really helpful. I've been playing a lot more short handed o8 and it has helped a lot with my HORSE game also.

If it's possible could we have another session or part of a session where one of the tables starts out HU/3-handed again?

Posted about 3 years ago

danzasmack

2253 posts
Joined 02/2007

Thanks! Yeah we'll get some more HUHU into 3 handed content in the future. Happy you like it!

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

Yeah, I'm always trying to record HU/3handed. I've had some 5 or 10 hand sessions where I didn't get Camtasia up and running in time before the guy left or the table filled. From now on I'm going to have it open always, in preparation.

Posted about 3 years ago

Noah.

441 posts
Joined 10/2010

BBB, would you be able to go into a bit more detail here in the thread about the timing tells you mentioned? I've been trying to better understand about ones that are more specific to o8.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

well, I don't have a a ton of o/8 hands yet (maybe 10-15k in the last few months and that amount again lifetime previously (?) ). but in holdem, very often from a poor player when they bet, bet, then tank on the river and bet again, it's a very strong hand. like on a paired board they already had a boat, or on other boards they got there on the river. it seems so far like that's exacerbated in these lo8 games lately. i could certainly be overstating its merit, but i doubt a lot of these 66/3 guys are multitabling, and i doubt their boardreading skills diminish a ton for some reason on the river. so it seems like some kind of tricky/deceptive thing is a good explanation. i've also been doing a lot more one and two tabling so i think i'm more likely to see something like that as opposed to when i did four or six tables of lhe.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

i would guess that that timing tell probably applies to many different games aside from o/8 and lhe? obviously we can ascribe differing amounts of significance to it and that'd be fine with me - i certainly don't think it's a huge deal. but it could be worthwhile and neat.

Posted about 3 years ago

HJD

1017 posts
Joined 05/2010

that tell is a TD one too, only they tank pat/snap bet Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

Noah.

441 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:16:50

So what is the plan here for low rivers? Lead an A or a 3? Check call 6, 5 (and check fold 4, 2)?
And are we bet calling or bet folding the A or 3?

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

Time Link to 00:41:45

honestly I think what happened (both when I played it and then first when we were talking about it during the video) is that I didn't see that I had two pair here (on the turn). I just saw the ten and figured I was betting that as a bluff. Obviously with aces up it's not a bluff any more. So that was fun.

Posted about 3 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

So what is the plan here for low rivers? Lead an A or a 3? Check call 6, 5 (and check fold 4, 2)?

with the flush I wouldn't feel bad about betting any river that also gave me a low. If no low comes (I just watched this again today) I feel like checkfolding like Chuck recommended, if there's a bet and a call after I check, is good

Posted about 3 years ago

OnTheRail15

1344 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:03:37

Re: 24sAQ on AsJd6s board. Is there any merit to raising the flop to get the third player to fold a bigger flush draw. I know if I'm in player three's spot, when flop gets raised I'm loath to continue with something like A2x9sTs.

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

Re: 24sAQ on AsJd6s board. Is there any merit to raising the flop to get the third player to fold a bigger flush draw. I know if I'm in player three's spot, when flop gets raised I'm loath to continue with something like A2x9sTs.

i think in games where someone could fold a bigger flush draw it seems more plausible...in these merge 1/2 or 2/4 games no one is folding any better flush draw for two bets. it's been my experience that in 20/40 or 40/80 (or 30/60halfkill or whatever) live games people might fold on the east coast, but not on the west coast Smile i have only played westcoast o8 in vegas and LA though - how does the AZ game play?

i'd also be a little worried if the third player does fold that i'd sort of be isolating myself with all the draws (low, flush) against the current best made hand, but maybe cleaning up some flush or other random outs would more or less cancel that out. like i don't really have any nut draws or a super strong high hand so maybe it's not a great jamming situation.

Posted over 2 years ago

danzasmack

2253 posts
Joined 02/2007

@OTR,

If I'm raising the flop there it's mainly for just straight value. Like BBB said - in these games I don't expect anyone to be folding a hand like that. And honestly, with out specific hand that's really all we're targeting.

Maybe with a slightly worse low when we can be pushing out more stuff I would consider raising for those purposes but here I'm mostly consider a raise to get more money in the pot.

Posted over 2 years ago

danzasmack

2253 posts
Joined 02/2007

This is gross now that I look at it again but I really think our only line here is to bet and I THINK fold if there are 2 callers. I'm obviously not bet/folding HUHU.

The off-putting thing here while we assume it's just 2 better flush draws it's very likely there's a better low out there. That being said i can't see us check/folding a 2 way hand in that spot in a pot that big. I REALLY like leading an A, begrudgingly bet a 3, and c/f the rest of 'em.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMixed Games → Splitting Peanuts : Episode Three