Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by DJ Sensei (Micro/Small Stakes)

Report Card: Episode Four

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Report Card: Episode Four by DJ Sensei

DJ Sensei and crew review the play of DC Member SilentBob in the mixed games.

About Report Card Subscribe to

DJ Sensei reviews member-submitted 8-game videos with special guest experts for each game. Who will be top of the class?

Tags

dj sensei report card nlhe lhe PLHE pot limit limit no limit ipod friendly stud joe tall danzasmack

Video Details

• Game: Mixed
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 71 minutes long
  • Posted almost 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Report Card: Episode Four

or track by Email or RSS

SilentBob

361 posts
Joined 02/2009

Time Link to 00:30:08

The avatar is of an Australian hip-hop group (as Dan thoguht it may have been) who go by the name Lyrical Commission.
They have put out a few really good CDs ... and of course have a MySpace Page
One of their more interesting efforts is a collaboration with Bias B & Mark Brandon 'Chopper' Read called Machete, which you can watch here
Yes, its the same 'Chopper' who the film (starring Eric Bana) was based on. Apparently he's killed 19 people! Wikipedia has some more info

As for Joe's story about the Big Daddy Kane tape, it reminded me a lot of two somewhat similar occurrences in my past.
The first was going to a school camp in a minibus where we each had control of the bus' tape deck for a few songs ... and when I put my Midnight Marauders tape in, I got some strange looks from the mostly Metal-loving group as I was happily enjoying Award Tour and other songs ... needless to say I think the tape only lasted a few songs before it returned to 'normal' music.
The other time was during the 2000 Sydney Olympics, where I was a volunteer driver for the Canadian team. Of course I had some Canadian hip-hop, including a mix tape featuring just Canadian hip-hop (guys like Saukrates, Choclair, Kardinal Official, etc) ... and what better time to put it in the tape deck of the minibus I was driving than when I was taking the basketball team (including Steve Nash) to pick up some team gear. I got some strange looks, mentioned that it was Canadian music ... and then got asked to put the radio on ... and my soul was crushed!

Oh yeah, thanks for the video review guys!
Definitely learnt some things from your comments.
Happy to resubmit for LHE if too many folds = incomplete (though I did like the unintentional soul read with the T2 BB hand ... bet flop, turn, check river)!

Dan, any plans to go for a report card 2 now that Full Tilt have started 10-game, with Badugi & NL 2-7 SD?

Posted almost 4 years ago

DJ Sensei

3295 posts
Joined 10/2007

Dan, any plans to go for a report card 2 now that Full Tilt have started 10-game, with Badugi & NL 2-7 SD?

The problem with 10-game, at least for video purposes, is that each round is 10 hands so a full orbit will take well over an hour. I suppose it could be split into 2 vids or something, but i've already got enough submissions for 4 more eps.

SilentBob

361 posts
Joined 02/2009

The problem with 10-game, at least for video purposes, is that each round is 10 hands so a full orbit will take well over an hour. I suppose it could be split into 2 vids or something, but i've already got enough submissions for 4 more eps.

I figured you already had enough for the rest of the series.
Just wondering if there was going to be more mixed game content to come, or is it going to be mostly reviewing this series & Luck of the Draw for improving our draw games?

DJ Sensei

3295 posts
Joined 10/2007

Oh yes of course we'll have more mixed game content on the way, especially now that FTP has draw games!

Psychobingo

1381 posts
Joined 03/2008

Only interested in/will there only be small stakes vids for this series?

SilentBob

361 posts
Joined 02/2009

Only interested in/will there only be small stakes vids for this series?

Seeing as its a review of member submitted videos I would imagine it would be mostly mid stakes & lower, with the bulk being small stakes videos.

Psychobingo

1381 posts
Joined 03/2008

Seeing as its a review of member submitted videos I would imagine it would be mostly mid stakes & lower, with the bulk being small stakes videos.

Asking DJ if he wanted to review a higher stakes videHalo

danzasmack

2228 posts
Joined 02/2007

@silentbob,

I knew it was you so I wanted to bust your balls with the grade on LHE. My bad =)

18orbetter

95 posts
Joined 07/2010

Time Link to 00:41:06

Would you still b/3b or c/r knowing that your opponent(s) play like that guy did? I myself play a lot of small stakes 8game, and I think it's pretty standard not jamming with such hands for the "average" player there.

Joe Tall

6695 posts
Joined 11/2006

Would you still b/3b or c/r knowing that your opponent(s) play like that guy did? I myself play a lot of small stakes 8game, and I think it's pretty standard not jamming with such hands for the "average" player there.

First, we should be folding 3rd here. It's really important. Stud8 is a jamming game, and you should be jamming your opponents hand here. I still stand by our river c/r, call 3 as there are too many combinations of non-Ace flushes than the Ace flush.

18orbetter

95 posts
Joined 07/2010

Stud8 is a jamming game, and you should be jamming your opponents hand here.

Ohh, I'd jam it all night long, I think you misunderstood me, it's my English maybe, sorry for that, I just wanted to be polite about how large is the idiotism in small stakes 8game...

Thanks Joe!

SilentBob

361 posts
Joined 02/2009

@silentbob,

I knew it was you so I wanted to bust your balls with the grade on LHE. My bad =)

Thanks Chuck! But I fold so well ...

@JoeTall
Does the fact that I have no low (facing a hand that could have a low) change anything at all regarding the river play, as I could be chopping with a low (or as happened being scooped by a better flush)?

The final pot is $5.00 minus 20c in rake (ouch), so the rake has taken the antes & if I chop I am still losing on the hand (my 4c ante). Does the 'rake trap' figure into consideration at all?

HomePoker ForumsMixed Games → Report Card : Episode Four