Poker Video: MTT by Soepgroente (High Stakes)

Luck of the Draw: Episode Six

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Luck of the Draw: Episode Six by Soepgroente

Soepgroente reviews various hands from from his WCOOP Triple Draw 2-7 Tournament.

About Luck of the Draw Subscribe to

Soepgroente teams up with DC mixed game coaches to cover all the draw games no one has covered before including Badugi, Single Draw 2-7, Limit 5-card Draw, and Pot Limit 5-card Draw.

Tags

soepgroente luck of the draw limit 2-7. triple draw ipod friendly wcoop triple draw TDL

Video Details

• Game: mtt
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 61 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Luck of the Draw: Episode Six

or track by Email or RSS

jjd323

585 posts
Joined 08/2008

Time Link to 00:49:33

Why not discard a three and the K and then checkraise the turn instead - you'll create a bigger pot and represent a binked monster far more credibly, plus you can abort more cheaply if everyone draws 1 and therefore your bluff is almost certain to fail. You could also discard one card and play the turn the same way.

Posted over 3 years ago

Soepgroente

493 posts
Joined 07/2008

This is all true, however I find that the earlier in the hand you're pat the more respect you get, or at least the less people are inclined to think you're actually snowing. I mean even fish will not think I'm snowing in a 5way pot drawing 3 to pat, because that would just be suicidal/stupid (if not for the quad 3s). If you draw 1 on turn and the field thins out a bit people might think you are potentially snowing and herocall a lot getting a bazillion to one.

Posted over 3 years ago

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

At the start of the video you mentioned only doing 2-7 TD videos from here out forward. While I enjoy both 2-7 TD & Badugi videos about equally, I personally would prefer you do another Badugi video or 2. Given the lack of Badugi content compared to TD content on the site, I think I would find a Badugi Video more useful. That said, I know you can't please everyone. Just mentioning it so your aware.

Posted over 3 years ago

jjd323

585 posts
Joined 08/2008

I have no idea how I should play it, but I may play a PL Badugi tournament. I am happy to submit footage if you don't want to play one yourself. However, I do really enjoy the way you break down the way you think about things; seeing you develop a strategy for PL badugi would be excellent and bring some variety. This episode is really very good though.

Posted over 3 years ago

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:54:37

If villain had Bet/3-bet here, rather than Bet/Folded, would you be inclined to break and draw or maybe even fold given such a weird slow play line? or would it just be more a "see you at showdown"?

Posted over 3 years ago

jjd323

585 posts
Joined 08/2008

This is all true, however I find that the earlier in the hand you're pat the more respect you get, or at least the less people are inclined to think you're actually snowing. I mean even fish will not think I'm snowing in a 5way pot drawing 3 to pat, because that would just be suicidal/stupid (if not for the quad 3s). If you draw 1 on turn and the field thins out a bit people might think you are potentially snowing and herocall a lot getting a bazillion to one.

This is a good point. There are def some spots where I feel that making an "incorrect" drawing decision and then patting turn and river is more credible than just going from 2 or 3 to pat between flop and turn.

One good example of deciding to snow but drawing once more is in a HU pot with position; I'll often find myself with a really rough stealing hand like 964 and a flat-caller from the blinds. If they draw 3 or even if a tighter player draws 2, I'll just draw 1 at my best looking draw (usually something like J964 or 9644 etc.) and then pat turn and river; because you are pat, they'll checkfold the turn quite often, which is a massive result even if they are still drawing 2 given you have no showdown value; if they do draw 1 by the turn or river they are still assuming that your range is mostly respectable draws that just got there and that you are rarely patting a 9 after the first draw - therefore, they will rarely bluff-catch with a T or even a rough 9 given your apparent drawing line, which means the river bet is auto-profitable and takes a really long time for them to detect.

Compare this to the draw 2, draw 1 (and _always_ get called on the turn) and then either draw 1 at a rough hand (marginal) or pat and snow (obvious and gets called really light).

Posted over 3 years ago

Soepgroente

493 posts
Joined 07/2008

If villain had Bet/3-bet here, rather than Bet/Folded, would you be inclined to break and draw or maybe even fold given such a weird slow play line? or would it just be more a "see you at showdown"?

Against sane people I'd probably break or fold, against this guy no way I'm breaking.

Posted over 3 years ago

DaKaJ

94 posts
Joined 07/2008

Nice video but I still much prefer cash games vids, I think its more educationnal to see you play vs competent opponents rather than complete droolers.

If you finish this serie with triple draw only, it would be very nice to see some more badugi/nl single draw in the future.

Posted over 3 years ago

jjd323

585 posts
Joined 08/2008

Nice video but I still much prefer cash games vids, I think its more educationnal to see you play vs competent opponents rather than complete droolers.

If you finish this serie with triple draw only, it would be very nice to see some more badugi/nl single draw in the future.

I disagree. Most of the value in triple draw games comes from extracting the max as fast as possible from droolers. Vids that teach that are great.

Posted over 3 years ago

DaKaJ

94 posts
Joined 07/2008

Bah, you dont get to play against complete droolers like this very often in cash games. I prefer to see some content in the 3-6 15-30 range.

But well, I'm not gonna complain, it's always very nice to see some triple draw out there and I definitely enjoyed that one too.

Posted over 3 years ago

Soepgroente

493 posts
Joined 07/2008

It's kind of tough for me to pinpoint my audience to be honest, I know that it's more useful to show a 10/20 cashgame for frequent players but I think more people are trying to learn the basics. Also I did a video against a tough player the previous episode so I'm trying to mix it up a little Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMixed Games → Luck of the Draw : Episode Six