Coaching Poker Forums

Red Line Group Coaching

or track by Email or RSS

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

This month I´ll be starting some group coaching. If interest is really high I´ll try to run more groups, but finding suitable times is gonna be hard due to alot of people wanting to watch the football worldcup. I´ll hold some groups during worldcup time to suit the American timezones better, and they´re probably not interested in the ¨soccer¨ worldcup anyway

I´m currently on a holiday with very limited internet access, so I won´t be able to regularly check this thread untill I get back. If you´d like to participate in a group that´s already full, sign up for it anyway and you´ll get a spot if someone cancels or you´ll get the first spot if I find time/opportunity to run another similar group. A group won´t run if it doesn´t fill. If there are 2 of the same groups running and both suit your schedule, please mention it to make everything alot easier for me, even if one of them is already full. If there´s no group that suits your schedule but you want to be coached by me, post a request to start another group and include times that suit you.

I will TRY to record all the sessions for you guys, but my laptop handles large recordings extremely poor and both my PCs are broken. I´ll always have the audiofile and chatlogs though, so if you make a screenrecording yourself, you´re safe. I´ll likely hold the sessions over Skype/Mikogo, but I´ll have to do some research first, which I can´t right now because of the limited internet.

All times are CET (Central European Timezone). Google the local time in Amsterdam to figure out the timezone difference with yours.

If a group is not filled yet when it´s supposed to start, it´s start will be postponed a week every week untill it´s full.

I´ll take transfers on Moneybookers, Stars and FTP.

New to SSNL

Group 1: weekly at 20:00, starting Wednesday, June 16th
Group 2: weekly at 15:00, starting Thursday, June 17th

Participants: 6
Format: 5 sessions, 2 hours each
Price: $1000 ($100/hour)

This program is geared towards NL100 players that either just moved up from NL50, or existing NL100 players that are struggling. It´s designed to not cripple your bankroll too much for those that recently moved up from NL50 to NL100. For every session you´ll have to send me the most interesting or hardest HHs you´ve played during the week, and the questions you have about them. I´ll put these HHs in a list that will be available to all the participants. I´ll have a list of concepts that I want to cover based on the most common weaknesses of NL100 players that I´ve seen in my experience coaching and playing these stakes, and I´ll handpick HHs relevant to the concepts. While analyzing the HHs, I´ll cover all the relevant theory and how it applies in different spots. On top of my handpicks, you´ll get your own picks from the list aswell. If you got less of your HHs handpicked by me than those of others, you´ll get extra picks to make up for it. If you have a theory question, just send me a ¨boring¨ HH relevant to the topic and instead of asking ¨what do I do here against this villain¨, simply ask something broader.

Experienced SSNL

Group 3: weekly, 15:00, starting Monday, June 14th
Group 4: weekly, 20:00, starting Tuesday, June 15th

Participants per group: 5
Format: 6 sessions, 2 hours each
Price: $1500 ($125/hour)

This program is geared towards NL200 players that either just moved up from NL100, or existing NL200 players that are struggling. The sessions consist of 2 parts. The first hour will be similar to the NL100 groups above, but the topics will be more advanced. The second hour we´ll be reviewing a video of one of the participants together. Everybody will be able to make a video. In the 6th session we´ll be reviewing a video of my play.

Departing from SSNL

Group 5: weekly at 20:00, starting Friday, June 18th (perhaps 15:00 or another day/time depending on the participants´ availability and interuption with the worldcup schedule, let me know what you want)

Participants: 4
Format: 8 sessions, 2 hours each
Price: $2400 ($150/hour)

This program is geared towards winning NL200 players that are ready to make (or have already made) the jump to NL400, and existing NL400 players that are struggling. There will be both significantly less fish and better regulars at midstakes. This is the biggest skill jump between stakes in my experience. Just beating on the fish with good table selection is not enough anymore. If you can´t handle the regs, you´ll be back at NL200 soon. To win at NL400, you need to be able to beat the bad regs. This program is the most personalized and the focus will be on playing against regulars. There are less participants and more sessions so I´ll get to know your game better and will be able to finetune your game, rather than plug general SSNL leaks you probably don´t have. I´ll try to discover ways in which you might be getting exploited yourself by other regulars, and ways for you to exploit them. The format of the sessions is the same as in the NL200 group above, only everyone will be able to make 2 videos. When it´s over, participants of this group can get private coaching without being put on the waitlist if they want.

Post in this thread or contact me privately if you want to sign up for a group. Make sure to mention the group number.

Thanks for the interest,

Bart

Posted about 4 years ago

krumpy

171 posts
Joined 06/2009

Think I'm interested in New to SSNL Weds group. Might have a conflict for the 1st session, which I sent you a PM about.

Posted about 4 years ago

Belgariad

391 posts
Joined 03/2008

This looks like great stuff. Sucks that i cant afford it atm though.

Great of you to put this together!

/Bel

Posted about 4 years ago

JRuViC

1010 posts
Joined 02/2009

Group 4: weekly, 20:00, starting Tuesday, June 15th. Works out to 11am PST?

I'd like to sign up for this group. However there is a good chance I will not be able to make the time for the Tuesday 22nd group so hopefully some others also have time conflicts Poke Tongue

Posted about 4 years ago

hayes13

858 posts
Joined 12/2008

Maybe in a month ill have the roll for this Smile

Posted about 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Group 4: weekly, 20:00, starting Tuesday, June 15th. Works out to 11am PST?

I'd like to sign up for this group. However there is a good chance I will not be able to make the time for the Tuesday 22nd group so hopefully some others also have time conflicts Poke Tongue

If there´s a single session you can´t make, we´ll work something out. There are more people that can´t make one of them. I´m not sure about the specifics yet but it´ll be fair, either in the form of a discount or maybe if there are enough people that missed one I´ll give them an additional session, or something else.

Posted about 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Maybe in a month ill have the roll for this Smile

I´ll likely keep running groups from now on, so just wait till the first ones are finished Smile

Posted about 4 years ago

JRuViC

1010 posts
Joined 02/2009

Looks like there will be 2 sessions I can't make. Might have to strike my name from the list if other people want to join. If you are going to keep running groups maybe it is best that way as I can always join the next one. June is like the worst month for me.

Posted about 4 years ago

hockey999

48 posts
Joined 01/2008

any timeframe when the first group coaching might start 10hrs=1,000 thanks

Posted about 4 years ago

jl87

148 posts
Joined 07/2008

im interested in group 5. Can you PM me if need any additional details etc

Posted about 4 years ago

FullTimeSmile

394 posts
Joined 09/2009

Only 1 thing not to be misunderstood - the price is per person or per group? I'd gladly participate but maybe when school year is over. Interested in "New to SSNL" group.

Posted about 4 years ago

PaperV

19 posts
Joined 01/2008

I can do group 4, as well as group 3 and some interest in group 5 but not at400nl yet

Posted about 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

any timeframe when the first group coaching might start 10hrs=1,000 thanks

The starting times are in the post:

Group 1: weekly at 20:00, starting Wednesday, June 16th
Group 2: weekly at 15:00, starting Thursday, June 17th

If that wasn't what you meant, please rephrase your question Smile

Posted about 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

I can do group 4, as well as group 3 and some interest in group 5 but not at400nl yet

If you're beating NL200 and are looking to move up, group 5 will suit you. Especially if you have a really good winrate at NL200, the rest of the players in group 3 or 4 might be a bit below your level. If taking group 5 instead of 3 or 4 will impact on your bankroll in such a way that it's gonna delay your move to NL400, I'd recommend group 3 or 4, otherwise I'd say 5.

Posted about 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Only 1 thing not to be misunderstood - the price is per person or per group? I'd gladly participate but maybe when school year is over. Interested in "New to SSNL" group.

The prices are per person. I charge $250/hour for private coaching, and group coaching is alot more off-hours work on my part (massive preparation etc).

I'll probably be runnning new to SSNLs group constantly as it has the highest interest, so if later would suit you better you can simply wait for the next one.

Posted about 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsCoaching → Red Line Group Coaching