Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by donkasaurus (Mid Stakes)

Donkasaurus Plays: 2 Tables Bovada Zone Poker 200nl Part 3

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now

Donkasaurus Plays: 2 Tables Bovada Zone Poker 200nl Part 3 by donkasaurus

Join Donkasaurus for Part 3 of his Bovada 200nl Zone Poker review series. This video review session jumps right into action as Donkasaurus starts breaking down his first spot.

About Donkasaurus Plays Subscribe to

Join Chris "Donkasaurus" as he reviews his own play at the tables!

Tags

no limit 200nl Bovada zone poker 2 table donkasaurus

Video Details

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Donkasaurus Plays: 2 Tables Bovada Zone Poker 200nl Part 3

or track by Email or RSS

murken840

0 posts
Joined 07/2014

Great session! I have a question about the 7d4d hand where you were min raised on 522 flop with backdoor straight and fd's... why call the min raise on the flop only to fold to a bet on the turn when you pick up a gutter?

Posted over 1 year ago

donkasaurus

313 posts
Joined 08/2013

Great session! I have a question about the 7d4d hand where you were min raised on 522 flop with backdoor straight and fd's... why call the min raise on the flop only to fold to a bet on the turn when you pick up a gutter?

Thanks for the question! I think we can peel flop here like you said with our backdoors and one overcard. Furthermore, there should also be some runouts that we can think about bluffing where our opponent's range will be very capped and face-up. When we call flop and face the 1/2 pot size bet on the turn I think we are going to be OK defending all of our 6x, overpairs, better draws (flush draws and open enders) and just folding this hand.

The average bovada guy is going to be pretty top pair heavy with their range when they do this, we are not going to be able to bluff river as much as he will continue to fire away on some runouts that he misses, and there are better hands in our range that we can defend here.

Posted over 1 year ago

Cheever

0 posts
Joined 06/2017

Thanks for the video Chris !

I had a question about your play at 18:24 -

A short stack in the CO opens to 3x and you are on the BU with KQo and you insta-fold

What would be your range to call there ? What range would you call if the raiser had 100bb's?

- Michael

Posted 4 months ago

donkasaurus

313 posts
Joined 08/2013

Thanks for the video Chris !

I had a question about your play at 18:24 -

A short stack in the CO opens to 3x and you are on the BU with KQo and you insta-fold

What would be your range to call there ? What range would you call if the raiser had 100bb's?

- Michael

Hey, thanks for the comment! My calling range in this spot is going to be middling pocket pairs (TT-77) and some suited broadways like (KQs, KJs, QJs). Verses a short stack we have to tighten this range due to lower implied odds. Even verses 100bb+ I think we have to fold our big offsuit hands due to fewer drawing opportunities post flop and reverse implied odds.

Posted 4 months ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Donkasaurus Plays : 2 Tables Bovada Zone Poker 200nl Part 3