BalugaWhale brings in his next contestant and brand new situations.
Each week BalugaWhale brings on a new DC member and quizzes them on a variety of 6max situations.
Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.
Round 5 (QdJd hand)
I chose answer E) as well, but I thought by "reraising" you meant check-raising, not 3-betting. If he is capable of giving up on the flop sometimes, then it means his c-betting range is stronger = if we want to x/r, we should lean towards value.
I was way off on Round 3 w/the KhKs2h flop with our 22. Let me think through this...(also, when you give the sizes of stacks are we assuming the largest stack is the effective stacks? I assume yes? Otherwise it's useless to say they have 150bb when we only have 100bb...)
Regarding short stack:
- we assume villain has inelastic calling range and will never fold w/fdraws and Kx and will not fold turn with those hands
- whether we call or raise won't matter to this villain (given THIS range) as all his money goes in on turn regardless
- we like raising to prevent a call by short stack w/PP's that might randomly peal if we just call??? Seems like we want a peal from that part of villain's range with so little equity?
Regarding tight-aggressive regular:
- calling twice is not ideal because this villain will NOT bluff rivers w/busted draws
- raising is good because we get more $$$ from the flush draws and Kx in villain's range on both flop and turn AND possibly river if it blanks and villain is stubborn with Kx hands
It's most +EV to extract as much value from flush draws and Kx hands from TAG regular by raising on flop than it is to bait a loose call from the shortstack w/PP's. That makes a ton of sense given the effective stacks of 150bb w/the TAG
(I have watched only the 1st episode so far)
Feedback to the series
- Excellent idea of "a game show", it is very exciting
- It forces us to think while watching
- It is good for any player, from micro stakes up to mid stakes
I think the series has so much potential, that it could be improved a bit. I'd love to see some pictures and animations (maybe even sounds). Especially pictures, because it would be much easier to answer the question.
Here is my idea of how the "answer screen" could look like:
FANTASTIC IDEA ...would def make the series a little bit easier to follow without constant pause,and re-reading.