Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by FoxwoodsFiend (Mid Stakes)

Blah and the Fiend: Episode Eight

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Blah and the Fiend: Episode Eight by FoxwoodsFiend, blah234

FoxwoodsFiend and Blah234 wrap up their series with a 4-tabling 6 max review session.

About Blah and the Fiend Subscribe to

From the forums and mocrostakes to mentoring with Ansky, Blah now joins forces with FoxwoodsFiend for a mentor style series to hone his chops with another one of DeucesCracked's finest!

Tags

foxwoodsfiend 400nl 400 nl blah234 blah and the fiend

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 54 minutes long
  • Posted about 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Blah and the Fiend: Episode Eight

or track by Email or RSS

capt_hindsight

73 posts
Joined 01/2012

Majkel

146 posts
Joined 07/2009

rohan68

653 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:42:10

hi, very interesting video (i will rewatch it) and comments (X/R any baord that he allways CB when you have a little outs : is it ok with 2rd pair?, allways bet flush turn when you raises a 2 tones flop as bluff, overbet value when you higly represent a missed draw bluff etc)

at this time, his preflop, fl0olp play seems really bad but why dont you like his turn play, he's IP he got little shodown value a very good draw and one over + most important he 's IP. why would he raises and has a very difficult decision against a shove, calling IP and tryingto bluff the river when he miss seems better, doesn't it?

Posted about 2 years ago

B-rye88

3324 posts
Joined 01/2011

Time Link to 00:27:06

I agree with the thought of one and done being bad on this flop, but I think it's valid on this turn if he doesn't want to bet three streets. Turn brings a lot of pair + draws into your range.

Posted about 2 years ago

ambtndplyr

379 posts
Joined 02/2009

i really hate people who write that and the more i think its fine to do it for the very first time... this was prolly the best liveplay/videorealtimereview-series i have seen so far across the sites

Posted about 2 years ago

B-rye88

3324 posts
Joined 01/2011

Time Link to 00:37:25

I agree it seems like a pretty standard spot to bet/fold Tx and Ax; however, might not have alot of Ax unless it's either clubs or hearts. Perhaps people could bet/fold T9? Idk.

Edit: Lol, and then you go into T9 Poke Tongue

Posted about 2 years ago

blah234

2602 posts
Joined 12/2009

most important he 's IP. why would he raises and has a very difficult decision against a shove, calling IP and tryingto bluff the river when he miss seems better, doesn't it?

He's IP so what, why is that the most important thing? How can he bluff the river when I shove first? Being IP guarantees that I get the choice to bluff before him on the river. I don't think we commented on villain's turn play so no one said it was good or bad but being IP doesn't auto mean call = right play. Being IP and OOP gives players different options on range construction that's all.

And no you should not blindly do anything anyone say in videos including this raise and when flush gets there start bluffing. Understand why to c/r and why to continue, don't just copy.

Posted about 2 years ago

phenom

64 posts
Joined 08/2008

Time Link to 00:14:41

KQo on 754cc. I am not that comfortable three barreling here. I would barrel A/K/Q/J and clubs. Are you barreling T/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2 aswell ? Not expecting to get alot folds ott. Kinda have to barrel river blanks too ? You are happy if he snap calls you 3x with 76 on blanks and you just take a not an adjust ? And are we more willing to barrel on blanks even on this dangerous board because we opened from such an early position vs if we had opened from the BTN ?

Posted about 2 years ago

Adriano85

898 posts
Joined 02/2012

Time Link to 00:03:15

Is there a specific reason for calling with Q7o vs a SB open? Looks a bit fishy to me...

Posted about 2 years ago

zegota

88 posts
Joined 01/2011

Time Link to 00:17:02

With the KQ hand on table 1, is there any merit to checking the river to try to induce busted flush or straight draws to bet? Are we assuming they would have raised earlier? How about betting small, like $40, to get a call from a 7?

Unlike phenom, I think this is a great board to triple barrel most rivers, except maybe a 3, 6, or an 8. We can't beat a lot of busted draws with only king high, lots of pair plus draw hands and medium pocket pairs will stick around through the turn but not be able to call three streets, and if they did flop a big hand they'll probably let us know early by raising because it is a pretty scary board. Is my thought process super flawed here?

Posted about 2 years ago

blah234

2602 posts
Joined 12/2009

KQo on 754cc. I am not that comfortable three barreling here. I would barrel A/K/Q/J and clubs. Are you barreling T/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2 aswell ? Not expecting to get alot folds ott. Kinda have to barrel river blanks too ? You are happy if he snap calls you 3x with 76 on blanks and you just take a not an adjust ? And are we more willing to barrel on blanks even on this dangerous board because we opened from such an early position vs if we had opened from the BTN ?

why not, EP range should be strong so villain should not call too light and we should have good equity vs villain's caling range. I would not triple barrel if I'm opening from the BU for example.

Posted about 2 years ago

blah234

2602 posts
Joined 12/2009

Is there a specific reason for calling with Q7o vs a SB open? Looks a bit fishy to me...

If we don't call with Q7o we're being exploited by every reg playing mid stakes.

Posted about 2 years ago

blah234

2602 posts
Joined 12/2009

With the KQ hand on table 1, is there any merit to checking the river to try to induce busted flush or straight draws to bet? Are we assuming they would have raised earlier? How about betting small, like $40, to get a call from a 7?

Unlike phenom, I think this is a great board to triple barrel most rivers, except maybe a 3, 6, or an 8. We can't beat a lot of busted draws with only king high, lots of pair plus draw hands and medium pocket pairs will stick around through the turn but not be able to call three streets, and if they did flop a big hand they'll probably let us know early by raising because it is a pretty scary board. Is my thought process super flawed here?

There's merit in checking if you think villain has lots of busted draws. I think villain in this spot has more marginal made hands that can hero call compared to number of busted draws. He also has to bluff with busted draw before checking is higher EV.

Posted about 2 years ago

RUAOK

94 posts
Joined 08/2011

Time Link to 00:50:07

in top right what do u think about over betting the turn here? is a spot i would over bet a lot, is an easy spot to balance as u can have a lot of strong hands that are somewhat vulnerable and villains range is fairly weak, u think it is more plus EV or not?

Posted about 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Blah and the Fiend : Episode Eight