Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Mid Stakes)

Ansky's Antics: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Ansky's Antics: Episode Three by Ansky

Ansky loads up some recent hands from his $2/4 session and goes through some interesting spots he encountered.

About Ansky's Antics Subscribe to

Ansky covers the mid & high stakes 6max games through various formats and various topics.

Tags

nlhe 6max $2/4 400nl ansky 400 nl ansky's antics

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 48 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Ansky's Antics: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

donkrx

68 posts
Joined 02/2012

Time Link to 00:27:10

Do you really think its bad to be raising pot when everyone is deep to start this hand (also there is $4 dead money in the middle)? Why?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Do you really think its bad to be raising pot when everyone is deep to start this hand (also there is $4 dead money in the middle)? Why?

I'm not that deep, and he's on the button. If he was utg, utg+1, or even CO with a v deep button I could agree with you, but not on the button. I think there might even be a case for having a mixed strategy in which you sometimes min raise button even this deep. I think there is just not that much that you can get owned by when you raise v small in position even deep. Only when you are OOP will you ever see some real trouble by raising too small.

Posted over 2 years ago

pennywise_tc

3 posts
Joined 05/2008

Time Link to 00:16:35

I dont think the fish (dann) can be weak when he donks turn in this spot( on 9h jd as ks). If 1.3 is his aggression factor or frequency, then he would need to be a huge callingstation( like fold to cb 20-30%.).
so I gues the weakest hand for a donk on turn is like JTs (spades) or maybe AT. So I think a5 is a fold on turn.
I think hes just afraid that u dont bet turn, and he dosent raise flop cause hes afraid that u fold.

I think this guy would be very frustrated with u before starts to make aggro donkbets, except maybe bluff a missed draw on river if u check turn.

I havnt played cash for a while, and im deff not a reg at 2-4. But at micro stakes and in mtts I would always give a guy with these stats credit for a hand on the turn.

Great stuff as always from you!!

sorry about the bad English

Posted over 2 years ago

mtnracer

1 posts
Joined 03/2012

Time Link to 00:45:20

If you're folding KQ & KT to a C/R AI for $224/356, doesn't this make check-shoving QJ/TJ a profitable play for him? Not that he would play this way, but it's possible...

Posted over 2 years ago

druss887

1 posts
Joined 05/2011

I've noticed in your latest series that sometimes you cbet paired boards, sometimes ch/f (assuming of course you've missed the flop), you seem to mix it up in both 3bet and non-3bet pots. What is your general rule of thumb when you miss paired boards in both 3bet/non 3bet pots?

Posted over 2 years ago

ambtndplyr

379 posts
Joined 02/2009

nemmad

117 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 00:38:31

If you have 89 than it becomes little bit a level spot if you will call 1 or 2 streets right, because you rep what you have.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

whats the worst hand you vbet turn here

AT ish

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

If you have 89 than it becomes little bit a level spot if you will call 1 or 2 streets right, because you rep what you have.

Somewhat, I think I can have Qx a lot though so I'd be happy to fold 98 without feeling like I was getting exploited (though I'd just call if I thought it was good obviously).

Posted over 2 years ago

D3rJack

444 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:39:51

Idk, it seem for me that folding turn here is too weak b/c

- his valuerange is supertinny
- the freq. with which he plays his supertinny valuerange this way should be as well very small b/c turncall makes here techincally for his range (protecting weaker parts of his callingrange) and vs. your range (you have still a lot of bluffs and thin val.bets you can follow through on many rivers given that he has many weaker hands in his perceived range) just more sense and has usually more merrits (unless regards to "one-time plays" when you have reason to do so - for example leveling with good reads)...

call turn - X/F river seems for me okaish b/c you have way better hands in your B/C turnrange which can call a riverjam....

Posted over 2 years ago

D3rJack

444 posts
Joined 02/2010

AQs is good enough to 3-bet for value. It's also good enough to 3-bet call a 4-bet 200bb deep in position from those positions.

@ ansky, but also @ you, if you wanna answer:

I guess no big difference w AQo?
What about AJs or AJo?
How far you would go with this statement (good enough to 3bet IP for value and call a 4bet) vs. an unknown REG?
What about OOP? what would change then for you?

Posted over 2 years ago

D3rJack

444 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:47:06

so would you have called there finally vs. schmeff should he has jammed?

btw.,
nice vid - thxSmile

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Idk, it seem for me that folding turn here is too weak b/c

- his valuerange is supertinny
- the freq. with which he plays his supertinny valuerange this way should be as well very small b/c turncall makes here techincally for his range (protecting weaker parts of his callingrange) and vs. your range (you have still a lot of bluffs and thin val.bets you can follow through on many rivers given that he has many weaker hands in his perceived range) just more sense and has usually more merrits (unless regards to "one-time plays" when you have reason to do so - for example leveling with good reads)...

call turn - X/F river seems for me okaish b/c you have way better hands in your B/C turnrange which can call a riverjam....

I don't mean to be rude at all but I literally could not understand anything you said. Can you rewrite the point you are trying to make?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

@ ansky, but also @ you, if you wanna answer:

I guess no big difference w AQo?
What about AJs or AJo?
How far you would go with this statement (good enough to 3bet IP for value and call a 4bet) vs. an unknown REG?
What about OOP? what would change then for you?

AJs and AQo are both definitely good enough. AJo depends on villain...

OOP I'd need much higher standards to call a 4b.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

so would you have called there finally vs. schmeff should he has jammed?

btw.,
nice vid - thxSmile

ugh, wasn't sure at the time and still am not. I think it's close.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Ansky's Antics : Episode Three