Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Mid Stakes)

Ansky's Antics: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Ansky's Antics: Episode Two by Ansky

Ansky loads up 4 tables of 400NL and plays through a leisurely Sunday evening while analyzing the play of himself and his opponents.

About Ansky's Antics Subscribe to

Ansky covers the mid & high stakes 6max games through various formats and various topics.

Tags

nlhe 6max $2/4 400nl ansky 400 nl ansky's antics

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 45 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Ansky's Antics: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Top Right
You 3-bet a cutoff raiser from the small blind with Q8c and check a wiffed jack-high all-diamond flop.
How often is this check a give-up as opposed to a delayed stab in this precise spot and why?

I definitely bet it sometimes, I just try to bet a little less often on boards like this when I have no equity at all, considering I will frequently have much better hands to barrel with.

Posted over 2 years ago

ralphcifaretto

199 posts
Joined 12/2010

Hey Ansky,

Good vid bro. What's your hourly for 4-tabling 2/4? (What would you expect for a player of your calibre if you could 4-table 5/10 regularly inc. rakeback?)

Posted over 2 years ago

terp

2005 posts
Joined 01/2008

wait on table 1, youre saying that its tough to play a hand like A7s OOP vs 3bet but is 4betting than better vs random players (which cant be true right?) or is it just better because he loves to call 4bets?

it may seem counterintuitive: if putting in $40 OOP here is bad, shouldn't putting in 102 be terrible?

as ansky said, it's a completely different scenario when we 4b. our hand isn't quite versatile enough to take the kind of passive lines we'd want to be able to take OOP if we flatted. however, it will flop enough equity to barrel and also present opportunities to make pure bluffs if we 4bet - opportunities that will be rarer and harder to produce when we are OOP.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Hey Ansky,

Good vid bro. What's your hourly for 4-tabling 2/4? (What would you expect for a player of your calibre if you could 4-table 5/10 regularly inc. rakeback?)

Not much, I rarely play less than 8-10 tables, and usually play more if I can.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

It's not exactly for value, it's not exactly a bluff either. Vs players who rarely call 4bets, but will just fold or 5bet a lot, it probably is ok to be more depolarized. Especially if they are folding or 5 betting, then something like K4o is basically the same as A7s (assuming we are folding if they 5bet). When they call a ton you need to depolarize and have somewhat higher value standards to 4bet. I'll still fflat his 3bets with a lot of hands though anyway, since like we said he is a very high % 3bettor.

Wow sorry meant to say POLARIZED here not depolarized.

Posted over 2 years ago

fabi2266

205 posts
Joined 09/2010

Wow sorry meant to say POLARIZED here not depolarized.

Thank you ansky, tried to figure out where the sense from that is Wink

Posted over 2 years ago

nemmad

117 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 00:02:38

why not defending TJo in position here vs CO open, also a fish in BB

Posted over 2 years ago

nemmad

117 posts
Joined 07/2009

Time Link to 00:29:22

table 4 TT: are you also checking 88 back for inducing weird moves from him? Because there are now a lot of overcard combo's who have 6 outs instead of 3.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

why not defending TJo in position here vs CO open, also a fish in BB

Fish in the bb makes it close, but I don't think JTo is quite good enough. This isn't something I am certain of, just a feeling. You might be right, but if you are i suspect it's very close either way.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

table 4 TT: are you also checking 88 back for inducing weird moves from him? Because there are now a lot of overcard combo's who have 6 outs instead of 3.

The lower the pair the more likely I am to bet, but I don't think betting 88 vs a guy who maybe is a fish is 100% necessary. Some fish will just auto bet the turn in this spot so you can check even some vulnerable hands. I'd still tend to bet the lower pairs more than the big ones.

Posted over 2 years ago

capt_hindsight

73 posts
Joined 01/2012

Time Link to 00:00:58

Would love to see a 12 tabling replay video. Is 12 what you normally do playing nl?

Posted over 2 years ago

AntonAnsgar

1 posts
Joined 03/2012

Jumped on my chair after that sneeze... Damn...

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Would love to see a 12 tabling replay video. Is 12 what you normally do playing nl?

Anywhere from 6-12 depending on my mood, energy, quality of the games etc.

Posted over 2 years ago

mysticism

7 posts
Joined 01/2012

Luckycharms_74

78 posts
Joined 06/2009

Holy Shit, that sneeze scared the hell out of me, lol.

Posted about 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Ansky's Antics : Episode Two