Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Mid Stakes)

Finally Canadian: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Finally Canadian: Episode One by Ansky

Ansky gets right back into the swing of things beginning at $2/4 6max with 4-tables locked and loaded.

About Finally Canadian Subscribe to

Ansky returns to the virtual felt from across the border in Canada in this series of ghost style videos covering different games in his wheelhouse.

Tags

ansky finally canadian 4-tabling $2/4 400nl 400 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 48 minutes long
  • Posted about 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Finally Canadian: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

marcel23

50 posts
Joined 12/2010

Excellent thorough explanation of concepts. Best video thats been on for a while.

Posted about 3 years ago

dukemuckem

11 posts
Joined 02/2010

really like the vid. especially your thoughts about game theory, which seemed a bit hectic due to table action, but still were very interesting. really looking forward to future nl400sh+ vids from you on stars, since there hasn't been much video action lately on dc for those stakes. as for future vids, i wouldn't mind theory based or hand history review videos ... but live action is always welcome.

Posted about 3 years ago

elorean

720 posts
Joined 05/2009

great to see you back at the tables and really look forward to the vids, definatly the first vid I'm going to watch later today

congrats on your wcoop 2nd chance victory

Posted about 3 years ago

fifilein

54 posts
Joined 11/2009

regarding the KJs vs AKs hand, where Villain overbet shoves the Turn in the resteal pot.

Your thoughts are exactly the same i always have at the table, but everytime i call i see TPGK or better. Same applies when the flush doesnt arrive.

People always want to rep the Flush draw and relying on fold equity, but i think i have never seen a non value hand here (1/2-2/4). I muck here, sounds weak, but i am never good here more than 50% of the time.

Posted about 3 years ago

77joblo77

65 posts
Joined 12/2010

Nice video Dani, glad to see you decided to visit my homeland, Canada may be boring but hey we can gamble online over here! Smile
As always great insight and analysis, keep those coming.

By the way I'm always wondering what actually is your stars' avatar? Is it this guy from "the wire", man maybe I've just been watching this series too much lately.

Posted about 3 years ago

snarble5

1685 posts
Joined 07/2010

Hielko

4408 posts
Joined 07/2008

Good vid, certainly going to be following this series Smile

Posted about 3 years ago

Joe Tall

6695 posts
Joined 11/2006

regarding the KJs vs AKs hand, where Villain overbet shoves the Turn in the resteal pot.

Your thoughts are exactly the same i always have at the table, but everytime i call i see TPGK or better. Same applies when the flush doesnt arrive.

People always want to rep the Flush draw and relying on fold equity, but i think i have never seen a non value hand here (1/2-2/4). I muck here, sounds weak, but i am never good here more than 50% of the time.

Please leave a time-stamp or better yet, Watch this short video, and leave a time link!

That will be much easier for the coaches to find the hand and answer your questions, thanks.

Posted about 3 years ago

fifilein

54 posts
Joined 11/2009

Time Link to 00:28:24

Posted about 3 years ago

simpleasspie

404 posts
Joined 05/2009

Great video!

Am the only one who thought that the mouse clicking was way too loud in comparison to Dani's voice? (not sure if that's the mouse or the recording software)

Posted about 3 years ago

Joe Tall

6695 posts
Joined 11/2006

Great video!

Am the only one who thought that the mouse clicking was way too loud in comparison to Dani's voice? (not sure if that's the mouse or the recording software)

It might be a setting, we are having Dani look into it. He's on a new computer with new software but we'll get it up to DC-premium-quality soon.

Posted about 3 years ago

JohneDrama1

3 posts
Joined 02/2010

I dont understand the qq vs 75c hand. Isnt the turn a check call? Theres very few hands that call behind and hes not folding kk,aa after you check twice. I believe you also said you were planning to check shove non ak flops. I don't get that either your way ahead or way behind and you wont fold out better.

Posted about 3 years ago

ndahlhoff10

6 posts
Joined 03/2010

Awesome, hopefully it's a long series.

Posted about 3 years ago

mbeckman

85 posts
Joined 09/2011

42;30 In the vid you made a small 3 bet preflop with K10ss. What made you decide to 3bet that amount and in your mind what makes you decide how much to 3 bet? Obv position and difference in hand strength, but bet sizing is more or less what Im getting at. btw your vids are one of the main reasons I joined dc. Same with when I used to be at pkrsavy

Posted about 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Finally Canadian : Episode One