Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by WiltOnTilt (Mid Stakes)

Where the Buffalo Roam: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Where the Buffalo Roam: Episode One by WiltOnTilt, jk3a

WiltOnTilt and jk3a kick off their series with a few hands from each of them in the mid/high stakes 6 max games they've played in.

About Where the Buffalo Roam Subscribe to

jk3a and WoT provide an in-depth analysis of 6max hand ranges at mid and high stakes. Learn how the two illest ballas(computer nerds) in the 816 break down the intricate details of their ranges and their opponents.

Tags

wiltontilt jk3a where the buffalo roam hh review hand replayer ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 51 minutes long
  • Posted about 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Where the Buffalo Roam: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

Prologion

2093 posts
Joined 03/2010

Time Link to 00:08:21

Hm, AQ seems here at least in the vacuum very very close b/c of reverse + also b/c of EQ - > reason: Imo in this spot in the vacuum the most Villains would only flat here JJ in a high frequency, which is actually good.

Posted about 4 years ago

CDoubleU

174 posts
Joined 09/2008

i was joking. thx for the fine tooth comb

SARCHASM: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the recipient who doesn't get it.

Posted about 4 years ago

laguuni

38 posts
Joined 11/2009

I really enjoyed this format. Keep doing this! Math is fine as long as you don't take it too far and it is accurate.

Posted about 4 years ago

kflip

2 posts
Joined 05/2008

Chimeni

93 posts
Joined 04/2009

On another note, I'm in the NOT so much math camp, I like hearing both of your thoughts much more, and listening to play considerations, because they are much more valuable ingame. Hearing you tear a range apart is great (with pokerstove). Maybe EVcalcs can be set up as homework for the viewers. You already explained that stuff in your Math series, and just hearing it again won't help much for those that don't know because you gotta actually pick up a calculator and do it yourself for it to stick. So I think it would be a waste of time. And if you do use EV calculations, don't do them during the video, just show results, and viewers can actually check them themselves to see if they are correct.
Just my 2 cents!

+1
Knowing how to do the calcs is important, but there is no way to always make the mathematically correct decision while 4+tabling...as part of the original suggestion, I would like to see/hear how you develop ranges (w/out seeing cards) based on 1)position, 2)boards, and 3)bet/raise size. I believe Improva did video like this, but a series from jk3a and WoT = perty damn cool...

Posted about 4 years ago

zed

224 posts
Joined 01/2008

It is obviously somewhat related, but the description I posted (which is the idea Zuberi posted 6 months ago) is where we ORIGINALLY got the idea. It sounds like it is important for you to be recognized though so thank you for posting the suggestion. The votes it received helped confirm that people wanted to see a series like this.

That being said, they have only recorded one episode and they can clearly incorporate new ideas (like they have posted already).

yes it's very important for me to be recognized so ty for that. it's also important for me to receive one hooded DC sweatshirt (medium, color white or grey just not black plz) and a limegreen DC headband so ty in advance for those as well.

tytyty, zed

Posted about 4 years ago

Prologion

2093 posts
Joined 03/2010

Time Link to 00:29:40

Wow,
You said that you would have val.bet on the turn 88/99 - but vs. what?
I also would consider to bet for example my bottom of my Valuerange on the flop like 78s or 88/99,
but more for Protectionreason + also with the thought to turn my hand into a bluff (here 87s would be obv. better b/c we would have more outs vs. his turncallingrange..) vs. TT/JJ.

Isn`t here a bet with 88/99 with the target "Value" just too thin in this spot?

Posted about 4 years ago

Prologion

2093 posts
Joined 03/2010

think the results are evidence that he's opening super wide pf. i think if they flat overpairs on flop, they mostly flat turn with TT+. obv slightly more likely to raise the bigger ones

can anybody (maybe you LuckyStraights yourself, when you read this) tell me, why you should in general opening less Axs/Kxs-hands and opening more SCs, just only b/c the fish is halfstacked?

Kx/Ax has more TP-Value which is important vs. cally fishes.... like everyone knows.

Or do you think you should target here more the REGs (vs. them 98s is better than for example K8s) b/c a 50BB-Fish is not worth to be targed?

But the problem here would be that you will anyways play more pots with the fish (others will fold more often pre).

Don`t get this point...

Posted about 4 years ago

jk3a

898 posts
Joined 01/2008

Wow,
You said that you would have val.bet on the turn 88/99 - but vs. what?
I also would consider to bet for example my bottom of my Valuerange on the flop like 78s or 88/99,
but more for Protectionreason + also with the thought to turn my hand into a bluff (here 87s would be obv. better b/c we would have more outs vs. his turncallingrange..) vs. TT/JJ.

Isn`t here a bet with 88/99 with the target "Value" just too thin in this spot?

def a thin bet

Posted about 4 years ago

mchu1026

967 posts
Joined 12/2008

Early in the video, jk3a opened up a stat where you saw how villain 3B's the position of the opener and you saw that he only 3B's EP 3%. I see you're using HEM, but how did u do that? The default pop-up shows what position they like to 3B, but not the position of the opener.

Posted about 4 years ago

inavacuum

1239 posts
Joined 04/2008

Early in the video, jk3a opened up a stat where you saw how villain 3B's the position of the opener and you saw that he only 3B's EP 3%. I see you're using HEM, but how did u do that? The default pop-up shows what position they like to 3B, but not the position of the opener.

Use the "3bet vs pre" pop-up. You have to add it manually.

Posted about 4 years ago

pr0wler

83 posts
Joined 05/2008

Time Link to 00:50:55

I think this is a decent thin value bet on his part. I think he realizes that unless you have some kind of J, you don't have him beat because all other hands (sets, AK etc.) would've 4-bet preflop. As you two mention, he might think that you're raising your Jx combos on the turn a certain percentage of the time so he might discount some of your jacks. Therefore, he probably realizes his AQ is the best hand a good majority of the time and is betting for value since we think he can only value bet Jx and will be suspicious and look him up with worse two pairs.

That being said, he probably doesn't realize that we're just smooth calling all of our jacks here so this might make the value bet relatively thin. If there were more flush draws out there I'd like his line a lot more because we'd be more likely to raise Jx on the turn for value/protection, but given the rainbow board we could easily have a J on the river and he's value cutting himself.

Posted about 4 years ago

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

Wilt - Final hand.

Do you like/ prefer villian betting turn and checking back river? Now that this hand has actually taken place.

If villian checked back the turn with two pair - can you explain why that is bad?

Posted about 4 years ago

sluggger5x

14 posts
Joined 12/2007

can we get this in ipod compatible??

Posted about 4 years ago

halvadron

255 posts
Joined 06/2009

holy ****

this one is 40 episode series right?

Posted about 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Where the Buffalo Roam : Episode One