Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by sthief09 (Mid Stakes)

Memoirs of a Limidonk: Episode Six

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Memoirs of a Limidonk: Episode Six by sthief09

"Don't go broke in an unraised pot with one pair," the adage goes. Well, that might be good advice for you to generally apply to your game - but your opponents aren't always as fortunate. Watch this and you'll learn how to stack people with one pair hands, when to give up on your bluffs and when to follow through. Lots of in-depth analysis on when to keep up the pressure on the turn. A must-see for limit converts to help you get that extra bit of value out of your hands and to make you *that* much more difficult to play against.

About Memoirs of a Limidonk Subscribe to

"But can't I just bet the minimum?" sthief09, a former Limit Holdem' player turned No-Limit expert, teaches Entity about the mighty power that is "ALL-IN."

Tags

josh sthief sthief09 betting the turn turn aggression nlhe no limit memoirs limit to nl ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 53 minutes long
  • Posted almost 7 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Memoirs of a Limidonk: Episode Six

or track by Email or RSS

joethepro

227 posts
Joined 01/2008

i really liked the when to give up situations even moreso than when to continue.

in a lot of the hands, you were saying how on the turn, having no read on the player, you'd probably commit your stack if he reraised you. that was after you made a flop raise and turn raise.

what if in those hands you were put to the decision earlier, like on the flop instead, when you've invested a lot less and he's shown aggression early to your usual big flop bets with tptk.

Posted almost 7 years ago

Jeff W

58 posts
Joined 01/2008

In the KK hand, you made an argument that because we'll be committed if we bet $100, we should bet more like $88 so we can fold. For a number of reasons, I don't think this is a good reason to make a smaller bet. First, the EV of making a smaller bet and then making a close fold isn't going to be much better than making a larger bet and then making a close call. Second, we almost always have the best hand here and almost never get raised. It might still be right to bet $88 instead of $100+, just not for that reason.

Chillee

10 posts
Joined 01/2008

What is the soft used in this video ?

sthief09

3123 posts
Joined 07/2007

In the KK hand, you made an argument that because we'll be committed if we bet $100, we should bet more like $88 so we can fold. For a number of reasons, I don't think this is a good reason to make a smaller bet. First, the EV of making a smaller bet and then making a close fold isn't going to be much better than making a larger bet and then making a close call. Second, we almost always have the best hand here and almost never get raised. It might still be right to bet $88 instead of $100+, just not for that reason.

hey Jeff, thanks for watching. It's really a small difference either way. You say it's a close fold so it's a small boost in EV. I think it's a pretty clear-cut fold when we're raised so saving the last 30 bb vs betting 100 and calling all-in is significant when it comes up. I also think it comes up more than we might think. I figured on the flop we were ahead 90% of the time. By the time we get to the river, that's should be slightly higher since he'll be folding some of those turn calls and it's a very dry board, so he can definitely still have a set.

so it's that vs the extra 6 bb, and I do think he calls for 44 bb a little more often than for 50 bb. maybe not proportionately more, but I definitely do think betting an amount where you can get away from a push has its merits when the fold to a raise is pretty easy.

sthief09

3123 posts
Joined 07/2007

What is the soft used in this video ?

popopop hand replayer. it's free

sthief09

3123 posts
Joined 07/2007

i really liked the when to give up situations even moreso than when to continue.

in a lot of the hands, you were saying how on the turn, having no read on the player, you'd probably commit your stack if he reraised you. that was after you made a flop raise and turn raise.

what if in those hands you were put to the decision earlier, like on the flop instead, when you've invested a lot less and he's shown aggression early to your usual big flop bets with tptk.

hmm, I thought I mentioned that in all the hands where I flopped something. which one(s) do you mean specifically?

Entity

8667 posts
Joined 11/2006

xBornToLosex

34 posts
Joined 02/2008

The video isn't working? I can't play it, is it just me or?

EDIT: nvm, working now. Smile

MickeyWins

1566 posts
Joined 07/2007

Excellent vid.
you explain things well.

I still think in the "dont lose your stack with one pair",
I should lose that thinking?
Can I assume the hands calling a flop bet are a lot tighter in NL?

Posted over 6 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Memoirs of a Limidonk : Episode Six