Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by improva (Mid Stakes)

The Thin Red Line: Episode Six - Improva Answers Questions

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

The Thin Red Line: Episode Six - Improva Answers Questions by improva

Improva follows up with your questions from episode 6 and answers them in this new video.

About The Thin Red Line Subscribe to

DeucesCracked welcomes fan favorite and new instructor Grindcore to the fold with this original video series about that thin, red line – nonshowdown winnings. This winter Bart will take a look at some common misconceptions about the red line and discuss the ins and outs of how small stakes 6max players can pick up previously unreachable profit.

Tags

improva 200nl 200 nl $1/2 the thin red line ipod friendly hh review hand replayer

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 45 minutes long
  • Posted over 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for The Thin Red Line: Episode Six - Improva Answers Questions

or track by Email or RSS

bjordan

640 posts
Joined 02/2009

The Coaching Tree S3?

That would be so sick

Posted over 4 years ago

pushlimit

6 posts
Joined 10/2009

Any updates on the final two episodes?

Posted over 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Sorry, I've had some personal issues and am pretty exhausted. As soon as I have a free day with a sharp mind I'll make the next episode (both if possible), probably somewhere coming week.

Posted over 4 years ago

Antny

33 posts
Joined 10/2008

i dont know why you take so long and it's non of my business and you obv have serious reasons but 4 month for 1 series is way too long if you just look at it from a customer point of view.

anyway, loved this series, thx for helping me improving my game

cheers

Posted over 4 years ago

Yojimgari

2467 posts
Joined 01/2009

Time Link to 00:32:49

When you check behind the flop it doesn't look like you have AK or better, air, or a draw. It looks like you have:
-KQ through K2s(IP against a TAG it's tougher to get three streets of value with KQ, so it also becomes an option for a check, although not sure if everybody agrees with this)
-QQ-88
-A seven
-66(although you may bet his)
-A five
-AQ/AJ/AT(although you may bet AT more often)

QQ-88, 66, AQs-ATs, A7s, A5s, K2s+, Q7s, Q5s, J7s, J5s, T7s, T5s, 97s, 95s, 87s, 85s, 72s+, 65s, 52s+, AQo-ATo, A7o, A5o, K8o+, 87o, 76o, 65o

Now when you start betting this turn shouldn't it be not good for villain to check-call down, wouldn't that be the worst option? Maybe he should check-raise the turn and bet the river, or check-call the turn and check-raise the river, or bet the turn big and bet the river big? Thanks, Yojimgari

Posted over 4 years ago

improva

3891 posts
Joined 02/2008

I think I said in the video that if villain had a made hand vs me in this spot he should not fold turn or river.

How we plays turn, river depends on how the btn constructs his c-bet range. Some players almost always a king with weak kicker. The fundamental problem on the btn is, "Where do we put all our air". 90% of all ssnl and most msnl regs start all their bluffs with a c-bet. That is really bad vs a good player.

Posted over 4 years ago

bjordan

640 posts
Joined 02/2009

Time Link to 00:38:07

Improva great video as always. I absolutely love how you break things down. It clicks with me very well and makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure I completely follow why you'd check/fold to a Diamond river here but check/call a Club? Do we assume he'd cbet (rather then check behind) a Club draw on the flop if he had one?

Edit: Never mind! I posted a little too early. You explained the question above about 2 mins in the video after I paused it ... >.<

Posted over 4 years ago

Harrythedog

6 posts
Joined 09/2009

This was such a seriously good vid.

we really must have more from Oliver and Grindcore. They really hit the mark.

Posted over 4 years ago

Antny

33 posts
Joined 10/2008

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Improva is making episode 7, I'm making 8. I've already send mine to DC. I don't know exactly how much longer it'll be untill it's released. My guess is Improva is having some technical difficulties again.

Posted over 4 years ago

Drshoe

77 posts
Joined 04/2010

"be careful out there"

best closing line of any poker video by far.

Awesome videos guys I loved this series

Posted over 4 years ago

Kgore

66 posts
Joined 07/2008

Time Link to 00:26:44

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 63.977% 62.95% 01.02% 8310 135.00 { AKo }
Hand 1: 36.023% 35.00% 01.02% 4620 135.00 { QQ-TT, AsQs, AsJs, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, 9s8s, 8s7s, KQo }

Here's the calling range I assigned vilain, if we're the CBetter in that hand. I don't see why AK is a check call Frown.

Posted over 4 years ago

improva

3891 posts
Joined 02/2008

Hand 1: 36.023% 35.00% 01.02% 4620 135.00 { QQ-TT, AsQs, AsJs, KJs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, 9s8s, 8s7s, KQo }

Here's the calling range I assigned vilain, if we're the CBetter in that hand. I don't see why AK is a check call Frown.

If villain is passive and/or plays draws passive and does not use the fact that he can rep a lot and value hands by raising the turn I agree.

Posted over 4 years ago

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Note that villain will likely bet his callingrange when checked to as well (minus QQ JJ probably), but will now also bet some air on top of that (like the drawless versions of the suited hands on your range, or underpairs). Though one line is good, the other can be even better.

You also won't be able to get 3 streets out of QQ JJ, 2 max, and you get them as well if you check flop bet turn bet river, so you actually don't miss value at all against the part of his range that will check back flop but call a cbet.

Posted over 4 years ago

Manchild

1454 posts
Joined 01/2008

Time Link to 00:17:05

Value Betting JJ here seems way way too thin to me. I'd much rather c/c than bet with pretty much any 1 pair hand.

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → The Thin Red Line : Episode Six - Improva Answers Questions