Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (High Stakes)

DC Shorts: Ansky (#6) - High Stakes Poker Hand

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

DC Shorts: Ansky (#6) - High Stakes Poker Hand by Ansky

Ansky reviews a hand recently played on the tv show, High Stakes Poker.

About DC Shorts Subscribe to

DC shorts are short content bursts brought to you by DC Labs. Roughly 1/4 the length of standard videos, these shorts are designed to review single hands, concepts or ideas. You'll receive the most up to date content available and stay in touch with the latest and greatest here at DC and the poker community at large. The more you post in the forums the more likely it is your post will be the inspiration for a future DC short!

Tags

ansky dc shorts hh review forum review ipod friendly nlhe

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 19 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for DC Shorts: Ansky (#6) - High Stakes Poker Hand

or track by Email or RSS

Slottinho

2 posts
Joined 07/2009

Was hoping you post a DC short to this hand like 2 hours ago Grin
Sometimes I think I could set something on fire by the power of my mind when I concentrate hard enough.

Feels good Poke Tongue

Posted over 2 years ago

danzasmack

2239 posts
Joined 02/2007

Man this was like the best episode of High Stakes Poker ever. Great vid too!

Posted over 2 years ago

2fouroffsuit

1985 posts
Joined 01/2008

Hyrveli

71 posts
Joined 09/2009

What's the worst hand durrrr should call with on the river if Ivey shoves? Seems like a tough spot with most of his range.

Posted over 2 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

Ah, the good old days. *tear*

Sweet video Dani.

edit: lol @ "hand recently played"

Posted over 2 years ago

D3rJack

444 posts
Joined 02/2010

thx for ur work here Dani, really appreciate it. Hope to see more/longer vids form you in the future =)

Posted over 2 years ago

seanillespoker

18 posts
Joined 12/2011

Ansky,

From a Game Theory perspective, doesn't Durrrr pretty much HAVE to empty the clip on this river?

I can't really imagine him getting to the river in this spot with a lot of bluffs, so for balance's sake, if he doesn't fire the river in this spot on a bluff, when else is he bluffing?

Is this logic coherent?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Ansky,

From a Game Theory perspective, doesn't Durrrr pretty much HAVE to empty the clip on this river?

I can't really imagine him getting to the river in this spot with a lot of bluffs, so for balance's sake, if he doesn't fire the river in this spot on a bluff, when else is he bluffing?

Is this logic coherent?

I pretty much agree.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

What's the worst hand durrrr should call with on the river if Ivey shoves? Seems like a tough spot with most of his range.

curious about this too

Posted over 2 years ago

colddeck185

831 posts
Joined 05/2011

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

There isn't a definitive right answer. A better question is what is Ivey's value shoving range, and how should durrrr react to that with his range.

Theres a good chance Ivey's river raising range is J9+, or bluffs, so Tom can't necessarily always call even with something like KQ. He'd be getting a decent price though. I can post more about this tomorrow, going to bed now.

Posted over 2 years ago

private joker

4 posts
Joined 01/2007

Hey Dani,

Great analysis, thanks. BTW, you were correct when you said Phil was considering shoving the river earlier, then ended up just tanking about calling. The problem for Phil was rivering a pair -- he decided he was going to jam the river when he called the turn, but didn't count on spiking a 6. Because he did, he hesitated about shoving and had to introduce the idea of calling into his thought process. Once he hesitated, he realized jamming would smell too fishy, so now he was forced into choosing between fold and call. According to Phil, rivering the pair is what lost him the pot.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → DC Shorts : Ansky (#6) - High Stakes Poker Hand