Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (High Stakes)

Finally Canadian: Episode Five

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Finally Canadian: Episode Five by Ansky

Ansky loads up 6 tables of mid/high-stakes and gets back to grinding.

About Finally Canadian Subscribe to

Ansky returns to the virtual felt from across the border in Canada in this series of ghost style videos covering different games in his wheelhouse.

Tags

ansky finally canadian $2/4 400nl 400 nl $5/10 1k nl 1000nl 1000 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 48 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Finally Canadian: Episode Five

or track by Email or RSS

DireStr88

1419 posts
Joined 08/2010

not sure i follow what you are saying. i am talking about raising when we do hit a set. the fact that these opponents 3bet often after cbetting is very good for us and gives us a sort of implied odds, provided we make sure to simply fold often when we miss.

I understood, however given we're in position, our raise cbet range should be polarized in position and his cbet range should be depolarized OOP there's no reason not to turn Small PPs into bluffs post-flop when we have twice the redraw value vs a call and we're forcing more equity to fold. For instance, say your calling range is AQ, AJs, KQs, JJ-22 vs UTG on a board of T72ssx, AQ, AJs, KQs can all float that board and 99-88 have reasonble showdown value, so that only leaves the bluff raise cbet range to 66-22 when you think about it.

Posted over 2 years ago

MrMahone

11 posts
Joined 12/2009

Time Link to 00:25:31

Do you 3 bet 5 bet this against aggro 100bb reg as well or would you just call? I kinda like 3 bet and calling a 4bet if you are 100bb against aggro reg and just calling against regs that are deeper unless there is a crazy dynamic or he is just opening too much then I will adapt 3betting him often and then 3betting this for value of course.

Posted over 2 years ago

MrMahone

11 posts
Joined 12/2009

Time Link to 00:28:42

I would shove that AJ against an aggro shortstack I think(about 25:00). The good ones 3 bet a lot also 3 betting quite a lot of Ax and with the right dynamic they sometimes call off Ax and KQ type hands as well and they probably also have quite a lot of pairs in their range. I also dont like calling AQ because it will put you into some different spots. Sure you could shove most boards with overcards but they are a lot of middle connected boards and these shorties always c bet a ton !

Also you are saying that cbetting 75 percent is not a big deal? I think it is!

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Okay, now if we are folding 22 ip, then what pockets are we calling with? Something like 77-JJ or 77-TT normally? And if the raise gets a caller in front of us, should we be more inclined to call also? Usually I'm more inclined to call with 22-66 if it is multi way in spots where if it were HU I would be more inclined to fold, is this good logic? Like if someone raises EP/MP if it gets folded around to me in the sb I would often fold 22-66, but if someone else calls, I often call(less so if they are less than 100bb deep). Is this correct though? And vs a button or cutoff opener who has a high fold to 3 bet I sometimes 3 bet small pockets from the blinds. Just wondering what Ansky or others think about these kinds of spots, like what are good spots to call small pockets or fold them or re raise them, and what are your cutoffs when you construct ranges? Like if you fold 22 in the small blind vs a late position steal, are you calling 77? I know it depends on villain etc, just looking for general concepts.

I think most of what you said is true. And I think every pp gets noticeably better than the one lower than it. I'd definitely never fold 77 to a single raise, but I'd start considering it around 66, and frequently do it with 55.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

really? seems way too loose at an average table

I don't think so, seems close though.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Do you 3 bet 5 bet this against aggro 100bb reg as well or would you just call? I kinda like 3 bet and calling a 4bet if you are 100bb against aggro reg and just calling against regs that are deeper unless there is a crazy dynamic or he is just opening too much then I will adapt 3betting him often and then 3betting this for value of course.

With the a9o? I was 3b/folding.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

I would shove that AJ against an aggro shortstack I think(about 25:00). The good ones 3 bet a lot also 3 betting quite a lot of Ax and with the right dynamic they sometimes call off Ax and KQ type hands as well and they probably also have quite a lot of pairs in their range. I also dont like calling AQ because it will put you into some different spots. Sure you could shove most boards with overcards but they are a lot of middle connected boards and these shorties always c bet a ton !

Also you are saying that cbetting 75 percent is not a big deal? I think it is!

I think it's high but not outrageous.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

fizzo

300 posts
Joined 01/2010

Dani, can you please upload your HUD or post a link to where you downloaded it from?

Posted over 2 years ago

terp

2005 posts
Joined 01/2008

I understood, however given we're in position, our raise cbet range should be polarized in position and his cbet range should be depolarized OOP there's no reason not to turn Small PPs into bluffs post-flop when we have twice the redraw value vs a call and we're forcing more equity to fold. For instance, say your calling range is AQ, AJs, KQs, JJ-22 vs UTG on a board of T72ssx, AQ, AJs, KQs can all float that board and 99-88 have reasonble showdown value, so that only leaves the bluff raise cbet range to 66-22 when you think about it.

against a guy who auto3bets the flop often, we shouldn't have a bluffraising range as a default. that was the presumption under which i was working. if he b/c or b/f often enough, we can start raise/folding hands like QJ, A9s, etc.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

fizzo

300 posts
Joined 01/2010

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hud-configurations/4166-nl6max-layout-optimization.html

Thanks a lot!

Posted over 2 years ago

matze_widi

1 posts
Joined 12/2011

Time Link to 00:15:43

Do u think the call with 99 on the KTx board is standart?
Did u have any reads what range he is raising UTG?

Posted over 2 years ago

galianza

1 posts
Joined 12/2011

There was a thread a week or two ago about this same thing. It was interesting how it was pretty split on what's better/standard.

anyone has the link of this?? thanks

Posted almost 2 years ago

mpokerdonk

43 posts
Joined 12/2010

pretty sure folding small pockets in position is standard nowadays.. you have to fold so many flops to a cbet and vs a reasonably tight range you're just screwed.

i disagree with that as there is so much 3 barrel bluffing that i think slow playing is prime. Also the added fact that your bluffing and floating so many hands i think you would be playing those..

Posted over 1 year ago

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → Finally Canadian : Episode Five