Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (High Stakes)

Finally Canadian: Episode Five

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Finally Canadian: Episode Five by Ansky

Ansky loads up 6 tables of mid/high-stakes and gets back to grinding.

About Finally Canadian Subscribe to

Ansky returns to the virtual felt from across the border in Canada in this series of ghost style videos covering different games in his wheelhouse.

Tags

ansky finally canadian $2/4 400nl 400 nl $5/10 1k nl 1000nl 1000 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 48 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Finally Canadian: Episode Five

or track by Email or RSS

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Great content so far, as usual.

However, I can't see your mouse pointer!?

Could this be a Camtasia setting or something? I think it's hard to follow where you focus your attention sometimes without seeing the mouse pointer.
One time in the video you actually say something like "the reason is right where my mouse is" and well, we can't see where your mouse is Smile
So if you could fix this, that would be great.

Hope to see more video series from you!

hmmm I can bring this up with the bosses. Has this been happening in other videos as well for you?

Posted almost 3 years ago

PutMyRobeOnRITE

193 posts
Joined 06/2009

pretty sure folding small pockets in position is standard nowadays.. you have to fold so many flops to a cbet and vs a reasonably tight range you're just screwed.

Yeah, I've never considered that before. I'm going to respond to Ansky's post with my thoughts.

PutMyRobeOnRITE

193 posts
Joined 06/2009

Depends on some stuff, but think about it this way: When you don't flop a set, you will almost always have the worst possible hand you can possibly have in that situation. That kinda sucks doesn't it?

Yeah, absolutely Dani, w/out a set we have the worst equity and shit bluffing equity Post Flop.

You said it depends on stuff, here's the stuff I think it depends on and if you want you can enlighten me :-)

1. If villiain is a fish, I'd call in position.
2. If I had been 3-betting or bluffing villain post flop a lot, or if he perceives me as coming after him. I'd flat as he may give me some more action if I hit my set.
3. If villain raises UTG or UTG + 1 we may have more implied odds??? This one I'm not sure.

-Thanks.

PutMyRobeOnRITE

193 posts
Joined 06/2009

I think it plays reasonably vs a calling range. I don't like calling much, and I think it is sometimes good enough to 3b/5b.

I play micro up to 50nl, so I doubt the 3b/5b thing is a good idea for me as guys are not 4-bet bluffing bunches.

"I don't like calling much"...may I ask why? I think you can bluff catch with an A vs. a wide open range and you can also bluff raise with some draws/gutters etc....is it just because of certain way you structure your pre-flop game?

-Thanks.

zachd2323

3148 posts
Joined 04/2010

pretty sure folding small pockets in position is standard nowadays.. you have to fold so many flops to a cbet and vs a reasonably tight range you're just screwed.

There was a thread a week or two ago about this same thing. It was interesting how it was pretty split on what's better/standard.

UU!I.I.4AAUU35

1727 posts
Joined 07/2010

pretty sure folding small pockets in position is standard nowadays..

Okay, now if we are folding 22 ip, then what pockets are we calling with? Something like 77-JJ or 77-TT normally? And if the raise gets a caller in front of us, should we be more inclined to call also? Usually I'm more inclined to call with 22-66 if it is multi way in spots where if it were HU I would be more inclined to fold, is this good logic? Like if someone raises EP/MP if it gets folded around to me in the sb I would often fold 22-66, but if someone else calls, I often call(less so if they are less than 100bb deep). Is this correct though? And vs a button or cutoff opener who has a high fold to 3 bet I sometimes 3 bet small pockets from the blinds. Just wondering what Ansky or others think about these kinds of spots, like what are good spots to call small pockets or fold them or re raise them, and what are your cutoffs when you construct ranges? Like if you fold 22 in the small blind vs a late position steal, are you calling 77? I know it depends on villain etc, just looking for general concepts.

PutMyRobeOnRITE

193 posts
Joined 06/2009

I think with 77-88 you have to call any wide opening range because you have SD value. IMO it's possible that you can fold those (77-88) vs. a NIT opening UTG if they won't pay off if you hit a set, that's oop, in position I don't know how much changes. And for sure you'd call going Multi-Way.

Okay, now if we are folding 22 ip, then what pockets are we calling with? Something like 77-JJ or 77-TT normally? And if the raise gets a caller in front of us, should we be more inclined to call also? Usually I'm more inclined to call with 22-66 if it is multi way in spots where if it were HU I would be more inclined to fold, is this good logic? Like if someone raises EP/MP if it gets folded around to me in the sb I would often fold 22-66, but if someone else calls, I often call(less so if they are less than 100bb deep). Is this correct though? And vs a button or cutoff opener who has a high fold to 3 bet I sometimes 3 bet small pockets from the blinds. Just wondering what Ansky or others think about these kinds of spots, like what are good spots to call small pockets or fold them or re raise them, and what are your cutoffs when you construct ranges? Like if you fold 22 in the small blind vs a late position steal, are you calling 77? I know it depends on villain etc, just looking for general concepts.

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Yeah, absolutely Dani, w/out a set we have the worst equity and shit bluffing equity Post Flop.

You said it depends on stuff, here's the stuff I think it depends on and if you want you can enlighten me :-)

1. If villiain is a fish, I'd call in position.
2. If I had been 3-betting or bluffing villain post flop a lot, or if he perceives me as coming after him. I'd flat as he may give me some more action if I hit my set.
3. If villain raises UTG or UTG + 1 we may have more implied odds??? This one I'm not sure.

-Thanks.

Stack size, everything ou mentioned, and just general tendencies. If the guy cbets a lot you should be less likely to call, then again you might just have way more opportunities to bluff.

terp

2005 posts
Joined 01/2008

yeah against guys who are monkey barrelers or overdefend their cbets, you can call preflop with the plan of only continuing with a set and still do pretty well. these players will fight so hard to win the pot once they raised that you have implied odds against their whole range

PutMyRobeOnRITE

193 posts
Joined 06/2009

zjobbe

3 posts
Joined 09/2010

DireStr88

1419 posts
Joined 08/2010

yeah against guys who are monkey barrelers or overdefend their cbets, you can call preflop with the plan of only continuing with a set and still do pretty well. these players will fight so hard to win the pot once they raised that you have implied odds against their whole range

Unless I'm mistaken, Small PPs were generally the bottom of your raise cbet range as well, considering most villains respond to a raise cbet with a 3bet instead of a call (and even if they respond with a call, you can use your position to double your chances of hitting your sets compared to check/raising) you generally depolarize your raise cbet range to hands that can call a 3bet and air - which PPs qualify as - in places where your over cards and back door flush draws are good to float.

Ducktales99

7 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:13:46

so this particular villain should just call twice and jam any river you check in a 3b pot?
do you play this hand differently v a good 22/19?

Ducktales99

7 posts
Joined 06/2008

terp

2005 posts
Joined 01/2008

Unless I'm mistaken, Small PPs were generally the bottom of your raise cbet range as well, considering most villains respond to a raise cbet with a 3bet instead of a call (and even if they respond with a call, you can use your position to double your chances of hitting your sets compared to check/raising) you generally depolarize your raise cbet range to hands that can call a 3bet and air - which PPs qualify as - in places where your over cards and back door flush draws are good to float.

not sure i follow what you are saying. i am talking about raising when we do hit a set. the fact that these opponents 3bet often after cbetting is very good for us and gives us a sort of implied odds, provided we make sure to simply fold often when we miss.

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → Finally Canadian : Episode Five