Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (High Stakes)

Lightsabers: Season Premiere

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Lightsabers: Season Premiere by KRANTZ

In the Season Premiere, KRANTZ begins part one of a two-part 10/20 NL session on FTP.

About Lightsabers Subscribe to

DeucesCracked presents you with an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. 5/10, 10/20, and 25/50 NL 6-max real-time strategy with KRANTZ.

Tags

krantz $2knl 6max 2-tabling live play pr1nnyraid

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 56 minutes long
  • Posted almost 6 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Lightsabers: Season Premiere

or track by Email or RSS

KRANTZ

3147 posts
Joined 07/2007

I love you Krantz (in a totally non-gay way ofc), and I really love your vids; but how can you berate and laugh at guy(s?) that 4-betpush against your 3bets in some of your videos, and then 4betpush yourself a few vids later (the AT vs AK hand)? You really didn't comment on it neither more than referring to the famous CTS blog post. Maybe I missed something, but I really really just don't get it.
Later on in the vid you 4bet extremely small instead with the Power Aces.

i might have a double standard! odds are it's a combination of me being a jackass :-/ and... well it's probably just me being a jackass.

but if you want me to go into more detail on why the 4-bet shove can be +EV, let me know and i will.

Posted almost 6 years ago

Malefiicus

1029 posts
Joined 03/2008

I don't know, I'm pretty sure every single poker player in the history of the game has berated people for making moves that they may have made in the others position. Pretty we've all yelled at the screen because someone made a move that won them the pot.

Standard.

MetRev

16 posts
Joined 02/2008

I guess CTS covered it, the main reason I ask is just if you changed your mind about the 4bet size for some particular reason, or if it was just a result of you "being a jackass" Wink If you have a particular reason though, yes, I'd love to hear it.

I knew before watching the vid that at some point you were going to 4bet shove, so it just kinda made me laugh seing you do it while hearing your "wow he made that atrocious 4bet again", or whatever it was, in the back of my head.

Malefiicus: Of course, that goes without saying, I just don't make instructional vidoes on a paysite Wink

oscarmc

19 posts
Joined 02/2008

You mention that the HoldEM Manager 3bet and fold to 3bet stats are so useful its almost like cheating.

Please explain this more. Thanks

oscarmc

19 posts
Joined 02/2008

A couple of my favorite lessons from the video

"..I would never try to bluff a tournament player off a king"

and
"...shipping it in with five high when I have no reads and no idea what that bet means is probably a bad play"

Gold

BoOm

178 posts
Joined 03/2008

Thanks KRANTZ great vid. I loved your constant pounding in position and was also impressed by THEMASTER not taking any of your s**t, he seemed to have adjusted well.

BoOm

BoOm

178 posts
Joined 03/2008

Thanks KRANTZ great vid. I loved your constant pounding in position and was also impressed by THEMASTER not taking any of your s**t, he seemed to have adjusted well.

BoOm

One quick edit. I know you said he was a trny donkey, I just never seen him lose too many pots.

( I did watch the vid and type this after a few jars though )

BoOm

178 posts
Joined 03/2008

Sorry to spam the forum (i'm a idiot) but there is no edit button and I had to say I take back what I said about THEMASTER after watching the first 25 mins of episode 2.

KRANTZ

3147 posts
Joined 07/2007

You mention that the HoldEM Manager 3bet and fold to 3bet stats are so useful its almost like cheating.

Please explain this more. Thanks

HEM is amazing software and I believe we have some Tool Time videos that show how to use it. It has a built-in HUD that basically gives you every stat you could possibly think of on your opponent. I should be using it in later episodes this season.

dwightschrute

70 posts
Joined 06/2008

i think this has high rating sjust because its krantz and i love krantz, but whitelime seemed to be way better at teaching while playing even though it was quiet at times during his new video.
seems like with krantz videos everyone just wants action and comedy which i do as well

1st vid ive watched on this site, and it was pretty excellent. got to disagree w/ the above. whitelime's vids must be amazing if they top krantz. ive watched lots of vids on other sites, and immediately i think this has got to be up there w/ some of the best ive seen. good thorough, clear explanations.

Posted over 5 years ago

momoftwo1958

3 posts
Joined 11/2008

At 19:08 on the right table where you check-raise the turn with a 5Club5Heart2Heart4Spade board and TheMasterJ33 3bets to 1100, am I the only one who noticed that he left his stack at $1337? C'MON! That shit's leet.

Posted over 5 years ago

Shreddes

10 posts
Joined 09/2008

great video jay, two minor questions:

You insta-muck 56s UTG to a three bet from the SB, kinda surprised you didn't at least consider calling since you had position and SB's range is probably real strong.

When you 4-bet shoved that AT hand...are you ever balancing that by sometimes 4-bet shoving JJ+ and like AK? Seems kinda transparent that you are shoving to make it crystal clear he has no FE, something you wouldn't normally do with some of these other hands

Posted over 5 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → Lightsabers : Season Premiere