Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (High Stakes)

Ansky vs durrrr: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Ansky vs durrrr: Episode One by Ansky

Ansky gives an overview of his heads up battle with durrr and begins to analyze hands from the match.

About Ansky vs durrrr Subscribe to

Dani recreates a $40kNL match he played vs the infamous and enigmatic Tom "durrrr" Dwan in 2008.

Tags

ansky vs durrrr ansky dani stern hh review high stakes nl heads up nl holdem tom dwan durrrr

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 48 minutes long
  • Posted almost 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Ansky vs durrrr: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

considerator

84 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:46:25

What do you think of X/C on this river with AA?

It seems like there are hands that he might bet with that he wouldn't call, perhaps occasionally with missed clubs, Tx, a bad Qx, etc. Probably not that often but it seems like he would have trouble calling a bet with worse than a good Qx. Since his calling range is pretty narrow and his potential betting range for both thin value or bluffs is a lot wider, even if he only bets with some of those hands, could checking to induce be your best way to get value? I'm not sure what your range is in this river spot with the line you have taken, but it seems like a lot of players would have some hands that they would x/f in your spot and that he might take a stab if you check to him.

Posted almost 4 years ago

hayes13

858 posts
Joined 12/2008

What do you think of X/C on this river with AA?

It seems like there are hands that he might bet with that he wouldn't call, perhaps occasionally with missed clubs, Tx, a bad Qx, etc. Probably not that often but it seems like he would have trouble calling a bet with worse than a good Qx. Since his calling range is pretty narrow and his potential betting range for both thin value or bluffs is a lot wider, even if he only bets with some of those hands, could checking to induce be your best way to get value? I'm not sure what your range is in this river spot with the line you have taken, but it seems like a lot of players would have some hands that they would x/f in your spot and that he might take a stab if you check to him.

your assumptions seem random

MoNteiRoZor

9 posts
Joined 01/2009

Really nice video.

On the KK hand. That's not a c/r on the turn but a b/3b from durrrr.

So do you think if he donks bet instead of c/rs Poke Tongue

Thank you for the vids ansky !

wireless

40 posts
Joined 07/2009

vanHelsing

58 posts
Joined 01/2008

Jsturm

174 posts
Joined 09/2008

suggestions: play durrrr hu now and record then commentate.

This session is from 2 years ago and im sure theres stuff to learn but it is unfortunately still a session from two years ago.

stanmore

3949 posts
Joined 03/2010

needfinesse

131 posts
Joined 07/2009

You can use the + instead of pressing play when viewing the hands.

Antny

33 posts
Joined 10/2008

Everybody is like "omg/sick/awesome". That's so cliche.
It's not that I would't enjoy watching some hands of durrr but come guys, no need to freak out, it's not even a live session and it's from 2 years ago.

DaKaJ

94 posts
Joined 07/2008

Yeah I agree with that, definitely not so good of a video and I'm not a fan of this concept, randomly going over hands 2 years later...
It's against durrr so what? It doesnt make it a good vid.

Come on Ansky! Some of your previous vids were much more interesting than this, you can do it!

gogo17

1 posts
Joined 05/2010

pretty strange to see people hating on the vid cause its 2 years old. While 6 max vids from 2 years ago tend to not be very relevant, durrr should prove to be the exception.

first vid that I know of vs durrr(townsend played him for 5 hands one time that doesn't count). durrr is an excellent opponent to have in a video because every mistake you make is going to magnified and durrr may even make you realize you had leaks you didn't know you had if you think through hands thoroughly enough.

If someone gave me access to a ft account with 2 million and I can't cash out, I can only play till the 2 million is gone in an effort to get better I probably play 10% vs ivey, 50% vs durrr and rest vs galfond and a few others cause thats how I would imrove the most.

Since I don't have that access or enough money/ego of my own to be taking shots at durrr this is the best I'll get.

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

On the A77cc board you can't really have AJ to lead though because you would 3 bet pre right? Since tom isn't 4betting and you are opening up your value range to adjust to him calling so much.
This being said, if you take the more standard line of checking flop are you ever CRing an ace?
Does CRing have any merit? or does it just open you up to a whole lot of guessing as with leading?

If you CC will tom always put you on an ace?
you cant have many medium pairs since you would 3 bet pre, same with many combos of King's because the big ones you would 3 bet and small ones you are just folding pre oop.

I don't think I'd c/r an ace very often, the only real merit to that would be if it induced floats/bluffs from Tom.

I can probably have AJ here sometimes flatting preflop. Vs someone not 4b that often you are right, I would frequently just 3b, but AJ is a pretty good hand to sometimes flat with.

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Regarding the AA hand.

I think this is a pretty tough hand. It is definitely possible that if I jam here I am not even 50% when called, as he can have A LOT of better hands, and this isnt exactly a likely hero call spot from Qx/Tx. With that said its fucking durrr and he could call with anything... c/c would make some sense of river if there were enough hands he could turn into a bluff, but I don't know that there are. Exactly missed clubs, and maybe j9 stuff? I don't know, I don't think thats enough to c/c. I think if I checked river I would c/f.

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Ansky: When you look over these hands was there any '08 things that either of you did that would not happen now?

Of the misplayed hands - what was happening? Was it technical mistakes or the fact you were shottaking vs durrrr? How much better prepared would you be now vs durrr '08? Has the fact that he is playing those stakes soo much since mean that his game has moved past where you can profitably shottake if you are not nosebleed regular?

Mostly technical mistakes, simply just "i played this incorrect because of xyz" I was a little nervous for about 20 minutes then I didn't really think about the money I just played poker.

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Really nice video.

On the KK hand. That's not a c/r on the turn but a b/3b from durrrr.

So do you think if he donks bet instead of c/rs Poke Tongue

Thank you for the vids ansky !

I don't really know what you are talking about.

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → Ansky vs durrrr : Episode One