Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (High Stakes)

Never Tell Me the Odds: Episode Eighteen

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Never Tell Me the Odds: Episode Eighteen by KRANTZ, FenderJaguar

KRANTZ and FenderJaguar wrap up their review of KRANTZ's play at 4 tables of $5/10 NLHE.

About Never Tell Me the Odds Subscribe to

Get a look inside KRANTZ's coaching program. How do you take a mid-stakes grinder and turn him into a high stakes juggernaut? Watch FenderJaguar's poker world get turned upside down.

Tags

krantz never tell me the odds fenderjaguar $5/10 1000nl 1000 nl 4-tabling

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 51 minutes long
  • Posted about 4 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Never Tell Me the Odds: Episode Eighteen

or track by Email or RSS

run.it.twice

29 posts
Joined 05/2009

DiggerTheDog

696 posts
Joined 09/2008

babu : you're a very bad man jerry a very bad man.

Posted about 4 years ago

zugzwangg

45 posts
Joined 06/2009

Time Link to 00:29:14

top left table.
do you ever take this line (bet check bet) as a bluff? even if you did are we expecting villian to call with 6xs or 4xs that he cold called preflop but didn't play aggressively on this flop? what hand range does villian have that will call the river once he check calls the flop?

I don't like villian's play also given that you check back turn. I think he should lead the river.

Posted about 4 years ago

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

top left table.
do you ever take this line (bet check bet) as a bluff? even if you did are we expecting villian to call with 6xs or 4xs that he cold called preflop but didn't play aggressively on this flop? what hand range does villian have that will call the river once he check calls the flop?

I don't like villian's play also given that you check back turn. I think he should lead the river.

you're right, i don't bluff here often. don't expect him to fold much, agree he should lead the river... checking is better if he doesn't know i won't bluff much though.

Posted about 4 years ago

consuellas_revenge

48 posts
Joined 06/2008

The little review at the end was good, I try to do something cursory like that myself. Fender has talked about reviewing post-session a few times. If there is anything more to elaborate, other than going over stats and biggest hands, that would be a nice way to end the next episode IMO.

Posted about 4 years ago

eraser

623 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:18:36

Is this shove really good? (The 94s FD turn shove against Babu)

You are shoving 2350 to win 1500. Say your equity is around 20% when called, you lose 1300 when called. You win 1500 when Babu folds. So you need Babu to fold around 45%+, just to break even. Is he really folding that much?
More to say, by checking back, you can still make your flush and get nearlly all his stack. If we can say we win 1000 more in average if you make your flush (hard to quantify), you have 500 implied equity. So now we have to fold him 65%.

Maybe if your equity in babu's stack is like 25% (the 4 people on the table have equal chance to take it), it may dictate a higher variance play, but we have to take a +EV line or else we aren't going to realize our fishstack equity are we? And we still risk him leaving if he double's up.

Am I missing something here?

Posted about 4 years ago

OMGGeorgeBaker

54 posts
Joined 06/2008

Time Link to 00:32:29

KK UTG 3way on TT4tt

Do you ever consider check-calling on a board like this? With the shortstack fish in the SB you will stack on the turn/river if the fish has a piece of this board.

By checking you will give hacker a chance to bluff at this board. And their aren't that many scarecards.

Posted about 4 years ago

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

Is this shove really good? (The 94s FD turn shove against Babu)

You are shoving 2350 to win 1500. Say your equity is around 20% when called, you lose 1300 when called. You win 1500 when Babu folds. So you need Babu to fold around 45%+, just to break even. Is he really folding that much?
More to say, by checking back, you can still make your flush and get nearlly all his stack. If we can say we win 1000 more in average if you make your flush (hard to quantify), you have 500 implied equity. So now we have to fold him 65%.

Maybe if your equity in babu's stack is like 25% (the 4 people on the table have equal chance to take it), it may dictate a higher variance play, but we have to take a +EV line or else we aren't going to realize our fishstack equity are we? And we still risk him leaving if he double's up.

Am I missing something here?

agree w this, i prolly should have checked back and shoved the river if he checked and i didnt improve... although with how loose he was playing shoving the turn is still going to be close considering he doesn't call anything <Ax

Posted about 4 years ago

KRANTZ

3149 posts
Joined 07/2007

KK UTG 3way on TT4tt

Do you ever consider check-calling on a board like this? With the shortstack fish in the SB you will stack on the turn/river if the fish has a piece of this board.

By checking you will give hacker a chance to bluff at this board. And their aren't that many scarecards.

i'd consider that line with a very good read on hacker but i'm c-betting here fairly often with many many hands so i need to be betting with a hand as strong as kings. i also get into a real awkward situation if i check and hacker bets and the shortie calls or raises.

Posted about 4 years ago

trickster jfd

35 posts
Joined 04/2008

lmao at the 94 hand. edit aagh already been discussed. nice.

Posted about 4 years ago

Pokerfarm

60 posts
Joined 04/2009

pr0wler

83 posts
Joined 05/2008

Time Link to 00:13:51

lmao...way to extract max value. Actually a valuable lesson about how to value bet fish, especially on paired boards.

Posted about 4 years ago

Ryanj37

15 posts
Joined 04/2008

LuckyMr

67 posts
Joined 03/2010

Are you going to continue your series? This is the most amazing series I ever saw!! I have to watch it twice if you are not going to continue... or probably either way..

Posted about 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHigh Stakes Strategy → Never Tell Me the Odds : Episode Eighteen