Poker Video: MTT by YugiohPro (Mid Stakes)

Mid-Stakes Enforcer: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Mid-Stakes Enforcer: Episode One by YugiohPro

Jjyykk begins fast with a 4-tabling video review of some mid-stakes MTTs.

About Mid-Stakes Enforcer Subscribe to

Follow JJYYKK as he provides specific opponent adjustments to become a MTT Mid-Stakes Enforcer.

Tags

jjyykk mid-stakes enforcer 4-tabling mtt

Video Details

• Game: mtt
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 64 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Mid-Stakes Enforcer: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

YugiohPro

504 posts
Joined 02/2009

I think UTG limps, even from 17% limpfish, are very polarized. I really hate jamming workable stacks into polarized limping ranges. In that spot I would probably jam <9bb with my exact stack. I think 14bb is much too much to shove in that spot.

I wrote this kind of late and used the wrong terminology. The range actually isn't polarized at all. It's usually middle stuff they want to see a flop with. What I mean is the call portion of that limp/call range absolutely murders every hand we're shoving with so I really hate shoving 13bb in those spots and prefer overlimping.

Posted almost 3 years ago

rrumsey

5821 posts
Joined 06/2010

to be honest, I'm not sure which is why I took the line I took. It's hard to get into the thought processes of players without more hands. A lot of decent midstakes grinders have certain leaks in their logic but it's hard to tell which ones. A good hand reader would know my range for getting to the turn is pretty strong (strong players don't c-bet that board often and get in their >TP on that wet flop so usually my b/c range is very narrow and only includes some made flushes on the turn, some slowplays, then 88-99 at times).

So if he's a good hand reader and disciplined he would shut down on his bluffs and only shove value hands like QJ+, QK with a club, and flushes. If he was bad/fpsey (a lot of regulars and bad players are), he would bluff his entire range on the turn. He might think I get in all flush draws on the flop (I don't). I have no idea.

I really think anyone who pays attention to game flow should know (you guys remember he jammed 55 into my JJ and had been getting owned a lot in general up to the bubble) to have it at that point since I'm going to assume he's FOS. But who knows. MTT players surprise me all the time Poke Tongue

thanks man i think this was a pretty interesting spot. keep it up!!!

tapaci

8 posts
Joined 09/2011

tapaci

8 posts
Joined 09/2011

great stuff man Wink can you make some MTT Turbo videos its gonna be great

COT66

39 posts
Joined 03/2009

Time Link to 00:08:13

Top right, would you ever consider checking back this flop?

Posted over 2 years ago

COT66

39 posts
Joined 03/2009

Lol guess I should read the discussion first Wink

Near the end of the vid, the A6o reshove on the top right. Don't really like this one and it feels sort of like you're trying to find lots of excuses to make it anyway. It's true the villain seems out of line, but if I saw correctly that's just over a small sample and with his stacksize I'd think he'll just ship with many of his marginal hands. Think there may be the occasional r/f in his range but I feel like the majority of his range is just trying to induce, making shoving weak Axo into it really really bad. Obv you're right about all the stacksize arguments and all that but that doesn't change the fact that imo you're shipping a piece of crap into a player who is very likely inducing and is gonna have you crushed.
Apart from that, nice vid, good argumentation, etc.

Posted over 2 years ago

BrickNMortar

7 posts
Joined 02/2012

My question is, how are you a coach if your MTT ROI is 4%??? I mean, you've only made like $4k total over more than 10,000 games yet you're teaching me? My goals are way above that winrate

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

504 posts
Joined 02/2009

Lol guess I should read the discussion first Wink

The A6o hand, agree some of it is excuses and I should probably fold. I try to ratchet up my aggression a lot though in bubble situations and got caught that time.

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

504 posts
Joined 02/2009

My question is, how are you a coach if your MTT ROI is 4%??? I mean, you've only made like $4k total over more than 10,000 games yet you're teaching me? My goals are way above that winrate

I usually don't respond to comments like yours but you're quite a bit off. I'm wondering where you even pulled up those stats since no data site would show me at those numbers. DC would never hire someone with that winrate over 10,000 games.

Posted over 2 years ago

BrickNMortar

7 posts
Joined 02/2012

Oh, well thank god!!! I had serious doubts about the stats I found. Because you seem like an excellent player...

I looked up your name on SharkScope. Is it inaccurate data? Apologies for my mistake

Posted over 2 years ago

BrickNMortar

7 posts
Joined 02/2012

Ok now I am on officialpokerrankings and it says your ROI is 8%... is that accurate? I was under the impression that 40% ROI for MTTs is good and even 70-100% is sustainable

Posted over 2 years ago

Susanna

17 posts
Joined 03/2008

Ok now I am on officialpokerrankings and it says your ROI is 8%... is that accurate? I was under the impression that 40% ROI for MTTs is good and even 70-100% is sustainable

BrickNMortar, you are probably looking at the results on official poker rankings with some kind of filter. I've just checked and YugiohPro shows a 30% ROI and over $120K winnings for the full tracking. The last 4 years he has been in the top 99% of OPR ranking.

Hope that helps.
Susanna

Posted over 2 years ago

YugiohPro

504 posts
Joined 02/2009

Brick, even if you feel a coach is suboptimal I think there's better ways of approaching that than posting incorrect information (still not sure what filters you're using Poke Tongue) since we work hard to help players get better. There's a lot of fradulent non-DC coaches around lately but believe me I'd be the first to point the finger at myself and step down if I felt I couldn't contribute to midstakes.

I don't like OPR methodology because they include all of the 45's and 180's (which I play many of) which have max attainable 10-20% ROI's. Also I have 2 $5200 WCOOP Main Events and about 15 $1k's that I haven't cashed in. (Total: 15 Games Played, -$21,070, no cashes). Sensitive about this stuff since coaching is my job.

Sharkscope:

YugiohPro: (all stats unfiltered) 6,579 $22 $43 67% $141,443
Global Alias (all sites <$530 BI) 6,922 $23 $42 64% $158,384
Global Alias (all sites all stats) 6,935 $20 $45 64% $137,594

And yeah OPR has me at 39% for >181 player fields. Not sure how the sites differ in calculations.

Posted over 2 years ago

BrickNMortar

7 posts
Joined 02/2012

No I definitely do believe you are good man, I thought the sites must be wrong. But then I thought how can they be... im a noob i dunno how they filtered it, so you're saying your avg roi is 40%+ for large fields right

Posted over 2 years ago

SwampRooster

134 posts
Joined 06/2010

You stated that you watch people who you think are better or can learn from in these games and who do you think we should be watching? your opinion i guess of who can show give a good refresher courses on the subject.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → Mid-Stakes Enforcer : Episode One