Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by Ansky (Mid Stakes)

Finally Canadian: Episode Eight

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Finally Canadian: Episode Eight by Ansky

Ansky wraps up with a final 6-tabling session.

About Finally Canadian Subscribe to

Ansky returns to the virtual felt from across the border in Canada in this series of ghost style videos covering different games in his wheelhouse.

Tags

ansky finally canadian 4-tabling $2/4 400nl 400 nl

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 50 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Finally Canadian: Episode Eight

or track by Email or RSS

Loiner

499 posts
Joined 05/2011

Time Link to 00:31:36

Here you are 4betting 99 out of the blinds versus button 3 bet and CO opener.

You are 135 BB deep and you argue that he will push 77 and 88 always. I think it's too thin because you don't take your time to study button 3bet range etc.

If he only 3 bets CO from like 7 percent of the time I think it's a fold. Do you agree on this?

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Here you are calling two barrels with a Qs,3s on a 5,Ts,As,Th board BB vs. SB.

You don't mention any specific reads. Why are you calling?

Why wouldn't I? I explained why I am calling the turn. I might raise before I fold the turn...

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

Here you are 4betting 99 out of the blinds versus button 3 bet and CO opener.

You are 135 BB deep and you argue that he will push 77 and 88 always. I think it's too thin because you don't take your time to study button 3bet range etc.

If he only 3 bets CO from like 7 percent of the time I think it's a fold. Do you agree on this?

yep you are right about that last point.

Posted over 2 years ago

Ansky

470 posts
Joined 08/2009

You are 3betting 77 in SB vs. button and gets 4bet by BB.

You end up shoving. Is this your default play or do you have reads on the BB? I like to hear anyones thought on that.

In a vacuum I am folding. Like if I just sat down with a bunch of unknows and this happen. I am shutting down. Is this a leak?

I think it's close. If you are going to widen your shoving range beyond obvious value stuff at all, including 77 in that range seems mandatory. I wouldn't think of folding TT+, probably not 99 either. 88 and lower is where it gets tough. Folding here as a default vs the right pool of players is definitely fine.

Posted over 2 years ago

Loiner

499 posts
Joined 05/2011

Why wouldn't I? I explained why I am calling the turn. I might raise before I fold the turn...

Yeah I guess I just disagree on that one. I think it's one of the worst cards for villain to be bluff barreling and without a lot of leveling going on I would expect him to stop his bluff on the turn.

Love that you are doing realtime videos.

Posted over 2 years ago

Loiner

499 posts
Joined 05/2011

One more thing if I may. You make a few reference to game theory - saying game theory wise it's the button of his range etc.

I hear a lot of coaches refering to game theory wise and button and top of ranges ... Where can I pick up on that stuff. I really don't know what they / you are talking about?

Posted over 2 years ago

SavingForBenz

648 posts
Joined 12/2011

Time Link to 00:17:39

Table 2 J9s.

When your plan is to bet bet shove, and you expect him to fold to a shove on a river a decent amount of time. I was just wondering why you bet just over 50% on flop, and just over 50% on turn. I understand it's easy to get the pot sized shove on the river. But if we expect him to call the flop/turn more, fold river, then should we be betting fairly big on flop/turn. Or does this reduce your FE on river?

Posted over 2 years ago

MaskedManQc

614 posts
Joined 02/2011

Time Link to 00:39:36

Good explanation about the Q3s hand on table 6. As you explained it in thread, you would consider raising this turn. Isnt it better than flatting? We can rep a Tx a lot. Altought, now sure he will fold any Ax, probably just the "air" portion of his range.

I am a little "late" at watching this series but really liked it. I am more of a FR player, but got a lot from it. A lot of good explanations and never got bored in any of the episodes! Good job!

Posted about 2 years ago

drexah

13 posts
Joined 01/2008

Would be great if the next video/series was you playing on or sweating/reviewing 6m NL on Bovada (previously Bodog) which now uses anonymous players. So only reads are notes you take during the session as well as session stats. I think it would be really interesting and a great 'switch up' from the norm. I'm a MSNL reg there (3/6-10/20 6m nl) and would love to be involved.

Posted almost 2 years ago

DoYouEvenLift?

25 posts
Joined 06/2013

Time Link to 00:09:13

I don't understand the call pre... I think that is the worst possible option for us... I like fold>raise>call. And on the flop is your raise as a bluff or for value? Could you explain your thinking?

Posted about 1 year ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Finally Canadian : Episode Eight