Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by Deepsquat (Mid Stakes)

Squat Sessions: Episode Seven

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Squat Sessions: Episode Seven by Deepsquat

Deepsquat is reviewing play at two mid-stakes LHE tables.

About Squat Sessions Subscribe to

Deepsquat is exploring non-standard strategies to stay competitive in tough midstakes LHE games.

Tags

deepsquat squat sessions $5/10 lhe limit

Video Details

• Game: lhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 53 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Squat Sessions: Episode Seven

or track by Email or RSS

Saydon

36 posts
Joined 11/2008

which site is this on the boss-network?

Posted almost 3 years ago

Deepsquat

669 posts
Joined 12/2007

Thats correct Smile

Table 1 is boss.

Table 2 is party

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

i couldn't put my finger on it in any one hand but it just felt like we were too showdown bound vs the guy who you started the video against (while hu). i can't think of a time he showed us a turn semibluff but several times we were showing down king and ace high against him. it seemed like he really just was fit-or-fold. okay i thought of one: the k9 bet/call on the 8282 turn seemed icky. i think i'd rather 3bet as a bluff there instead of calling the turn raise but probably just prefer checking. i did like your adjustment of call flop raise turn vs his donkbets in general

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

Time Link to 00:50:46

would love to hear more about your turn play in this hand. is some level of ace high the threshold where you bluffcatch down instead of 3betting?

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

Thats correct Smile

Table 1 is boss.

Table 2 is party

deepsquat: throwing a party, like a boss!

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

btw the table on the right was unbelievable

Deepsquat

669 posts
Joined 12/2007

i couldn't put my finger on it in any one hand but it just felt like we were too showdown bound vs the guy who you started the video against (while hu). i can't think of a time he showed us a turn semibluff but several times we were showing down king and ace high against him. it seemed like he really just was fit-or-fold. okay i thought of one: the k9 bet/call on the 8282 turn seemed icky. i think i'd rather 3bet as a bluff there instead of calling the turn raise but probably just prefer checking. i did like your adjustment of call flop raise turn vs his donkbets in general

I will go through the video and have a look, i cant remember specifically. I do remember he was very abc/fit or fold, almost more than anyone i can remember playing against. The k9 hand is kinda close, im not really sure what i like.

At the time i felt that hes really only repping 8x or 2x, and i know he has a super high VPIP, but there are prob some 2x he folds pre. I didnt think hed be raising the turn with Ax and any decent pairs would prob get capped pre. So it seemed like a really BS line. When thats the case, i normally call.

I could like a c/c on the turn in hindsight, seeing as he is probably likely to be showing down 100% when he peels the flop, and any BS hands he probably just folds on the turn.

So maybe c/c, c/f is best and we vbet A high+

What do u think?

Deepsquat

669 posts
Joined 12/2007

would love to hear more about your turn play in this hand. is some level of ace high the threshold where you bluffcatch down instead of 3betting?

Sure Smile

Firstly with Pf, the SB is 3betting 50% of his range so BTN will be capping anything good preflop when i just c/c, so any good Ax, big pairs etc. Also my range for cc pf in his eyes is probably hands like 78s+,JTs, QJ, some pairs like 55+ etc. Hands that prob hit that turn well.

So i can eliminate any big hands from BTN's range pf in most cases.

On the flop when SB bets, I call and he just overcalls, its unlikely he has hit that flop in any meaningful way. I put his range of hands to be small PP's like 22+ some QJ type hands and Ax that didnt want to cap pf

On the turn when SB chks, he is always giving up, and now i bet. Btn's raises looks so much like a FSD raise with Ax or maybe something like 22-44 that wants to shut SB out. It could also be a hand like JT/QT etc that will probably bluff me off my hand with a riv bet anyway, so i decide to 3b with a hand that will usually always have 6-10 outs and can fold alot of better hands too like Ax, 22-44 etc

Basically, i can rep alot more than he can. Of course alot of it goes by feel, but thats the basic thought process. Its obv great when you get called and spike Tx and it goes chk/chk and you beat A7 Wink

With Ax, id prob just b/c the turn and play ABC from there. With some weaker Tx hands i may just raise the flop, idk

Deepsquat

669 posts
Joined 12/2007

deepsquat: throwing a party, like a boss!

Spread the word

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

I will go through the video and have a look, i cant remember specifically. I do remember he was very abc/fit or fold, almost more than anyone i can remember playing against. The k9 hand is kinda close, im not really sure what i like.

At the time i felt that hes really only repping 8x or 2x, and i know he has a super high VPIP, but there are prob some 2x he folds pre. I didnt think hed be raising the turn with Ax and any decent pairs would prob get capped pre. So it seemed like a really BS line. When thats the case, i normally call.

I could like a c/c on the turn in hindsight, seeing as he is probably likely to be showing down 100% when he peels the flop, and any BS hands he probably just folds on the turn.

So maybe c/c, c/f is best and we vbet A high+

What do u think?

yeah i mean vs someone who can float or semibluff or even just raise the turn with a wide range i don't mind bet/calldown. vs this guy i'd just b/f a lot in general - maybe c/c c/f here. i think the idea of b3b as a bluff was me being results oriented

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

BigBadBabar

4508 posts
Joined 03/2007

Sure Smile

Firstly with Pf, the SB is 3betting 50% of his range so BTN will be capping anything good preflop when i just c/c, so any good Ax, big pairs etc. Also my range for cc pf in his eyes is probably hands like 78s+,JTs, QJ, some pairs like 55+ etc. Hands that prob hit that turn well.

So i can eliminate any big hands from BTN's range pf in most cases.

On the flop when SB bets, I call and he just overcalls, its unlikely he has hit that flop in any meaningful way. I put his range of hands to be small PP's like 22+ some QJ type hands and Ax that didnt want to cap pf

On the turn when SB chks, he is always giving up, and now i bet. Btn's raises looks so much like a FSD raise with Ax or maybe something like 22-44 that wants to shut SB out. It could also be a hand like JT/QT etc that will probably bluff me off my hand with a riv bet anyway, so i decide to 3b with a hand that will usually always have 6-10 outs and can fold alot of better hands too like Ax, 22-44 etc

Basically, i can rep alot more than he can. Of course alot of it goes by feel, but thats the basic thought process. Its obv great when you get called and spike Tx and it goes chk/chk and you beat A7 Wink

With Ax, id prob just b/c the turn and play ABC from there. With some weaker Tx hands i may just raise the flop, idk

wow neat, i will have to look at it again

HomePoker ForumsMid/High Stakes Limit Hold'em → Squat Sessions : Episode Seven