Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (High Stakes)

Pr1nnyraiding 3: Episode Two

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Pr1nnyraiding 3: Episode Two by KRANTZ, WiltOnTilt

KRANTZ and WiltOnTilt discuss the meaning of stats and the important relationships between them. They also review some $5/10 hands from KRANTZ's battle versus ImFromSweden.

About Pr1nnyraiding 3 Subscribe to

Krantz and Wilt are finally back with the long awaited conclusion to the pr1nnyraiding trilogy! Join them as they revisit the previous series' and update them for 2011. Then, learn a new way of conceptualizing all the different strategies you'll need to know to conquer any type of player. Note: Many buffalo died to bring you this information.

Tags

krantz wiltontilt pr1nnyraiding 3 powerpoint ipod friendly hh review hand replayer stats $5/10 hunlhe heads up

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 57 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Pr1nnyraiding 3: Episode Two

or track by Email or RSS

spinky

95 posts
Joined 08/2008

What pr1nnyraiding 1 did for my game was insane. i have a good feeling about series #3

Posted over 3 years ago

SrslySirius

28 posts
Joined 11/2010

A bit off topic, but what is that forest map? It looks a bit like Zelda: A Link to the Past, but it's arranged differently.

Okay, I'll be quiet and watch the video now. Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

TecmoSuperBowl

Tribe Leader
5688 posts
Joined 01/2009

A bit off topic, but what is that forest map? It looks a bit like Zelda: A Link to the Past, but it's arranged differently.

Definitely looks like A Link to the Past, possibly after you "beat" it and it switches?

Posted over 3 years ago

robu5t

8 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:16:26

From my experience grades are not useful very early in the match (obviously it's better to go to the premium tab after looking at grades).
I use grades early to figure out an aggression of an opponent. FE. There are winning regs these days who have something like C/C (more aggressive "than optimal") grades for preflop. which means they're simply 3betting a ton (around 25% if not more). Also guys who are generally aggressive postflop (red line winners) will have lower grades (more aggressive than usual) so u know before even match starts they'll be barreling a lot. It's also easy to recognize passive guys with grades.
One more thing: grades/stats can be misleading if a guy plays fish and regs because he can play differently against them which means stats/grades will not be accurate.

Posted over 3 years ago

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

confirmed link to the past lost woods

Posted over 3 years ago

Dzikijohnny

142 posts
Joined 12/2009

Slowjoe

1117 posts
Joined 01/2010

Time Link to 00:47:00

If villain's strategy doesn't change, p=42% over 12 samples means that we could be looking at an underlying population with p=30% to p=68% based on 2 standard deviation range.

Posted over 3 years ago

yegor

28 posts
Joined 12/2008

yegor

28 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:14:22

oh btw ptr doesn't track fulltilt any more(surprised you didn't mention it). they show how fresh are their hhs they're selling and you only see a few hands here and there on fulltilt

Posted over 3 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2652 posts
Joined 10/2007

oh btw ptr doesn't track fulltilt any more(surprised you didn't mention it). they show how fresh are their hhs they're selling and you only see a few hands here and there on fulltilt

We didn't know because we rarely use ptr.

Posted over 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

great vid! very helpful - definitely helped my understanding of using stats.

Posted over 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:52:42

If his flop calling range is mostly made up of decent equity floats that he didn't want to waste with a flop raise, then can't we be taking the stack a donk line as a bluff as well (obv more expensive than barreling, but we also win more).

With regard to being confident that he will bet the turn for us allowing us to check the turn going for a c/r - doesn't his flop calling range also consist of a lot of marginal made hands like weak pairs in addition to floats? If so, then won't he actually be checking the turn back with a lot of his flop calling range, unless he just bets the turn for protection a lot? If he's betting his floats on the turn but checking back with his marginal showdown value hands, does that change the strategy we'll want to employ when we have a hand with an equity lock (i.e. should that make us want to take a stack a donk line less often?)?

Posted over 3 years ago

Ass Get to Jigglin

4276 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:32:55

I was a bit confused about what Krantz said here - he said flatting alot oop is gonna be great when you do gin something vs a player like imfromsweden who doesn't like folding, but he also says something about getting good bluff equity out of position. What does he mean here by getting good bluff equity vs a player who doesnt like folding - isnt the reason it's so good when you hit a strong hand is that he doesnt fold much, meaning you have reduced bluff equity?

Posted over 3 years ago

KRANTZ

3150 posts
Joined 07/2007

I was a bit confused about what Krantz said here - he said flatting alot oop is gonna be great when you do gin something vs a player like imfromsweden who doesn't like folding, but he also says something about getting good bluff equity out of position. What does he mean here by getting good bluff equity vs a player who doesnt like folding - isnt the reason it's so good when you hit a strong hand is that he doesnt fold much, meaning you have reduced bluff equity?

you have reduced folding equity in a vacuum, but when you look at your entire range that's going to be putting a lot of money in, it shapes up to be really strong and has a lot of pot equity against a range that is comparably weaker

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → Pr1nnyraiding 3 : Episode Two