Poker Video: SNG by Skitz0Frenik (Micro/Small Stakes)

From Tight to Right: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

From Tight to Right: Episode One by Skitz0Frenik

Skitz0Frenik and DC Member Rigged depart on their new series reviewing hands from his recent SnG play at all stages.

About From Tight to Right Subscribe to

skitz0frenik mentors a student in SNG play, teaching him to open up his game and get that loot.

Tags

skitz0frenik sng hh review hand replayer ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: sng
  • Stakes: Micro/Small Stakes
  • 66 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for From Tight to Right: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

RIGGED!

694 posts
Joined 08/2009

I'm going to sleep now, but can't wait to watch this when I get up!

Posted over 3 years ago

midnitetoker

591 posts
Joined 04/2009

Time Link to 00:30:58

SNG Wiz says that this is a push on a hand range of 37.3% (22+, A2+, K9+, K4s+, ...) if the button calls 4.8%, SB calls 8.6% and BB calls 14.8% with adjustments to the overcalling ranges to make them quite tight. They're likely to be tighter than otherwise because of the bubble situation. The Wiz likes the shove as long as the ranges are tight enough.

For example, the SB calling 2% more would make this into a fold. Then again, do we really see him calling off half his stack with A8s or 44 when another player is right there with barely 5 blinds left? Add to that the very real concern of being blinded off, something the Wiz doesn't calculate, and I think this is a clear shove.

Posted over 3 years ago

rubbishaka80

555 posts
Joined 07/2007

Time Link to 00:05:28

Perfectly good spot to shove. He has to call over 30% to make this bad. I'd consider not shoving a mistake.

Posted over 3 years ago

rrumsey

5814 posts
Joined 06/2010

rubbishaka80

555 posts
Joined 07/2007

Time Link to 00:45:07

You can even shove in this spot.

Raising and folding would suck, but it's not the end of the world.

Posted over 3 years ago

Johnnykat

17 posts
Joined 10/2010

Time Link to 00:39:42

When would you do a stop and go instead of a shove?

Posted over 3 years ago

rubbishaka80

555 posts
Joined 07/2007

Time Link to 01:01:23

I think A6o is right on the edge for shoving, folding it is not a big deal. I disagree with shoving "any suited connector", folding 76s or worse seems right. Shoving 32s is pretty bad.

Against loose callers, you have to tighten up quite a bit.

Posted over 3 years ago

rnningfool

21 posts
Joined 01/2011

Time Link to 00:14:47

If Tee48Jay has a similar stack (2500+), are we folding pf or still shoving?

Posted over 3 years ago

Skitz0Frenik

215 posts
Joined 03/2009

Perfectly good spot to shove. He has to call over 30% to make this bad. I'd consider not shoving a mistake.

Yeah looking back over it a shove is definitely +EV. Vs. tight opponents though I still think a raise/fold is fine because of the stacks. Like I mentioned in the videos, there are probably some spots in these games where I won't always be correct due to the very different structure of Tilt vs. Stars. Hopefully that's not too big of a deal for this series as I think the larger concepts still apply.

Posted over 3 years ago

Skitz0Frenik

215 posts
Joined 03/2009

If Tee48Jay has a similar stack (2500+), are we folding pf or still shoving?

I'd still shove if he had 10bbs or less, since we're really not concerned with the SBs stack. We could basically reduce it to one of those spots where we are in the sb shoving into the bb, so TJ would 100% be a shove there given 10bb or less effective stacks.

Posted over 3 years ago

Skitz0Frenik

215 posts
Joined 03/2009

SNG Wiz says that this is a push on a hand range of 37.3% (22+, A2+, K9+, K4s+, ...) if the button calls 4.8%, SB calls 8.6% and BB calls 14.8% with adjustments to the overcalling ranges to make them quite tight. They're likely to be tighter than otherwise because of the bubble situation. The Wiz likes the shove as long as the ranges are tight enough.

For example, the SB calling 2% more would make this into a fold. Then again, do we really see him calling off half his stack with A8s or 44 when another player is right there with barely 5 blinds left? Add to that the very real concern of being blinded off, something the Wiz doesn't calculate, and I think this is a clear shove.

I agree, I think their calling ranges are very tight given the bubble and that tiny stack, so I'm happy to see we agree on the range. I think the range I gave matches pretty similarly with what Wiz says? The theme of this hand is we should see it as a clear shove right away, so hopefully we do now!

Posted over 3 years ago

Buby2132

1476 posts
Joined 09/2010

Rigged, back when i played SnG i played with you a few times. Didnt realise The RJA was you. You have put in a load of games. I hope this series helps you move up stakes Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

rrumsey

5814 posts
Joined 06/2010

Time Link to 00:18:05

even if people are playing somewhat loose preflop i think it doesnt matter bc most people generally play so fit or fold postflop here. def an open imo

Posted over 3 years ago

Blixx

85 posts
Joined 03/2008

Great to see an actual SNG Series at DC, I'm going to have to renew my membership and check this out.

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsTournament Poker → From Tight to Right : Episode One