Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by FoxwoodsFiend (Mid Stakes)

Boosdoener: Episode Three

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Boosdoener: Episode Three by FoxwoodsFiend, Hielko

FoxwoodsFiend and Hielko return to review some hands Hielko played at $3/6, where Hielko had some trouble spots.

About Boosdoener Subscribe to

FoxwoodFiend takes Hielko under his wing as they explore what it takes to crush souls at 400NL and 600NL and make the move to 1000NL.

Tags

hielko foxwoodsfiend boosdoener $3/6 600nl 600 nl hh review hand replayer ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 61 minutes long
  • Posted over 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Boosdoener: Episode Three

or track by Email or RSS

Berbatron

200 posts
Joined 01/2010

Great video as usual.

I'm pretty intrigued by the J10s float hand. I feel like when i flop a set on this flop i'd either be raising on the flop (because we rep absolutely nothing) or on the river. When we flat here surely we are trying to protect our flatting range, which as you say is full of weak pp's. So when we hit a K on this turn this is one of the bingo cards for us as he will continue betting on this card almost always so why would we raise our sets now?We are getting him to barrel with air and probably to continue value betting very thinly.
I think we rep a really narrow range on the turn by raising where we wouldn't be raising all our sets anyway. You say the opponent is fairly decent so assuming he can read hands is this not a really bad spot to try and rep a value range. Sure we fold out hands like AQ here which is good for us, but isn't the line Hielko took here better against those hands since we can often 'get another bet out of him' and make him fold to our jam or he will often just c/f the river as we have pretty much no bluffing range once we've called the flop and turn. I think i'd like raising more here with J10s agaisnt someone who is a bit of a weaker player and he'd be more likely to lay down some thin value hands.
So i'd be very interested some more thoughts FWF on why you like raising the turn here.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

DaKaJ

94 posts
Joined 07/2008

On the QQ hand KJx board why are you so concerned about the K outside? He never have AK, you have 2 queens so its less likely he has KQ, there are only a couple KJs KTs combos. In my mind QQ is the nuts here and I would oftentimes just bet 3-streets here as its also a board where we're going to bluff quite a lot and barrel off most of our draws. I disagree with fwf when he says opponents are usually not raising draws on that board, speaking for 2/4 3/6 they do! If we bet and get raised I think we can either ship it profitably on the flop or wait for a safe turn. But I dont think I'm ever ever considering folding my hand given the way the board ran off. I think after checking the turn we could just ck/shove but if we decide to c/c I think we should c/c almost any river.

The AJ hand you check twice vs bruut after 3-betting, you say you have played a lot with him, well, if thats the case you should know by now that betting flop is FAR FAR superior against that specific opponent. If you didnt notice, he peels flops very wide in 3-bet pots but dont stab much when check to; also he likes to defend a lot of Axs type hands vs 3-bets that will call at least 2 streets, possibly 3, but will oftentimes check behind. So overall that AJ vs him was an absolutely mandatory bet bet shove.
As for the river raise, I think I would call just cuz I cant see how we could possibly be beat. He might just have a chop and figure you are betting a queen, maybe or maybe not, hard to say. You should ask him, I think he's a dc member.

That AA hand is a clear fold in my opinion, even getting 8 to 1 that guy is never ever value shoving worse and probably bluff a spot like this once a year at most. Think about it, thats still 25bb to call, a 25bb mistake is a very big mistake imo. But well, sometimes while playing the brain cant resist clicking "call"!

Posted over 3 years ago

hurt

66 posts
Joined 05/2008

Prologion

2092 posts
Joined 03/2010

Time Link to 00:26:58

How large the SPR on the river would have been at least that you would prefer to C/C turn?
Because one of the reasons for your advice to just C/F or C/Jam in such a spot (independent of our hand) is that the SPR on the river would be
< 1:2 -> hence often Villains`s Bluffingfreq. with potential Bluffcombos will be anyways to low, so that C/Jam is > C/C, just to make potential PotEQs to fold sometimes when there is often no more assumed addiotional value of getting bluffed on the river.

So where would be for you here the border to prefer a C/Call?

Posted over 3 years ago

halvadron

255 posts
Joined 06/2009

this is so great
more FOF and hielko

Posted over 3 years ago

Peesocake

948 posts
Joined 02/2007

Congratulations on the series so far, it's really interesting to hear you 2 talk about hands! Keep it going!

Posted over 3 years ago

FoxwoodsFiend

345 posts
Joined 10/2007

On the QQ hand KJx board why are you so concerned about the K outside? He never have AK, you have 2 queens so its less likely he has KQ, there are only a couple KJs KTs combos. In my mind QQ is the nuts here and I would oftentimes just bet 3-streets here as its also a board where we're going to bluff quite a lot and barrel off most of our draws. I disagree with fwf when he says opponents are usually not raising draws on that board, speaking for 2/4 3/6 they do! If we bet and get raised I think we can either ship it profitably on the flop or wait for a safe turn. But I dont think I'm ever ever considering folding my hand given the way the board ran off. I think after checking the turn we could just ck/shove but if we decide to c/c I think we should c/c almost any river.

The AJ hand you check twice vs bruut after 3-betting, you say you have played a lot with him, well, if thats the case you should know by now that betting flop is FAR FAR superior against that specific opponent. If you didnt notice, he peels flops very wide in 3-bet pots but dont stab much when check to; also he likes to defend a lot of Axs type hands vs 3-bets that will call at least 2 streets, possibly 3, but will oftentimes check behind. So overall that AJ vs him was an absolutely mandatory bet bet shove.
As for the river raise, I think I would call just cuz I cant see how we could possibly be beat. He might just have a chop and figure you are betting a queen, maybe or maybe not, hard to say. You should ask him, I think he's a dc member.

That AA hand is a clear fold in my opinion, even getting 8 to 1 that guy is never ever value shoving worse and probably bluff a spot like this once a year at most. Think about it, thats still 25bb to call, a 25bb mistake is a very big mistake imo. But well, sometimes while playing the brain cant resist clicking "call"!

Sorry Dakaj but I don't remember these hands well enough to comment. If you timestamp them I'll let you know what I think

Posted over 3 years ago

FoxwoodsFiend

345 posts
Joined 10/2007

How large the SPR on the river would have been at least that you would prefer to C/C turn?
Because one of the reasons for your advice to just C/F or C/Jam in such a spot (independent of our hand) is that the SPR on the river would be
< 1:2 -> hence often Villains`s Bluffingfreq. with potential Bluffcombos will be anyways to low, so that C/Jam is > C/C, just to make potential PotEQs to fold sometimes when there is often no more assumed addiotional value of getting bluffed on the river.

So where would be for you here the border to prefer a C/Call?

Maybe around 3/4 pot? Hard to say for sure obviously but half pot is definitely too small

Posted over 3 years ago

Prologion

2092 posts
Joined 03/2010

Maybe around 3/4 pot? Hard to say for sure obviously but half pot is definitely too small

All right, thx for responding.^^

Posted over 3 years ago

Prologion

2092 posts
Joined 03/2010

Time Link to 00:47:56

Interesting turn.

Of course 100% agree that R/Call AI (normal size) is for given reasons much better than just jamming it in.
And it is here a good play b/c you also raise here in some % a strong madehand like a set.
Ok,
but said this I was very surprised that rasing here your madehands is for you standard and hence that you probably jam here more often a set, then call Turn - bet/Jam/Call River (depending on the rivercard and action).
Sure it is good and you wanna do it here sometimes.
But isn`t it actually for your whole range better to call here only the turn with a set in a higher freq. than to Raise the turn in order to protect our weaker parts of our Turncallrange (TT/JJ - maybe vs. MP pre trapped QQ+, when you have decided to not raise it on the flop)?
My guess just was that,
- raising turn is better/more comfortable with our Semibluffrange (though sometimes a doublefloat can be also interesting, actually even very interesting when you think about it)
- calling turn is actually better for our strong Madehands (though sometimes we should raise here of course our sets).

btw.,
how yould your flopplay change if you would have here Ah3h instead of JhTh?
Would you then maybe prefer more often floating with more EQ + drawing to the BackdoorNuts?

rest of the hand was horny, though I was a little bit worrying if ppl are rly val.betting in this spot thin enough on the River b/c of the fact that you can have all your sets in your range and with the T on the river, now TT also has a set + also b/c Villain cannot rep soo many bluffcombos in his eyes and hence maybe should not val.bet too thin here on the river, in general...
But of course I am not sure about this.
If I am wrong and he can val.bet here thin enough, I just love the riverjam Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

Googolplexx

6 posts
Joined 11/2009

FWF, at 24:30 with KQcc on Kd7dJs4s, you said you prefer either c/jamming or c/folding turn primarily because there are so many draws. If the turn had been a diamond, rather than a spade, do you still like jamming?

also, even though on the turn the board is very draw heavy, we're in a 4b pot 200bb deep so villain's range is certainly going to be much narrower than it would be in a single-raised or 3b pot, so shouldn't we heavily discount the number drawing hands villain could have? (for ex. a hand like QTs probably isn't 4betting pre)

Posted over 3 years ago

oh-nahhh

8 posts
Joined 10/2008

best dc vid ive seen for months ainec

Posted over 3 years ago

PokerPiet

29 posts
Joined 08/2008

Time Link to 00:17:59

could he be doing this with like A7s thinking he is only beat by QQ and you might call KQ or KK? OR he could think you might herofold a weak ace and if not he's still splitting.

Posted over 3 years ago

Hielko

4408 posts
Joined 07/2008

best dc vid ive seen for months ainec

Thanks Smile

Posted over 3 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid Stakes Shorthanded NL → Boosdoener : Episode Three