Poker Video: No Limit Hold'Em by KRANTZ (Mid Stakes)

pr1nnyraiding: Episode One

This is a free video. Like what you see? Log In or Sign Up Now to view the rest of our Poker Videos.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

pr1nnyraiding: Episode One by KRANTZ, WiltOnTilt

In Episode One of "pr1nnyraiding," KRANTZ and WiltOnTilt walk you through the basics of head's up no limit play, discussion the power of the button, preflop handranges, player types, and table selection.

About pr1nnyraiding Subscribe to

Krantz and WiltOnTilt provide a heads up No Limit primer. A comprehensive guide to beating small stakes HU NLHE.

Tags

krantz wiltontilt pr1nnyraiding heads up hunl ssnl no limit ipod friendly psychology table selection

Video Details

• Game: nlhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 53 minutes long
  • Posted over 6 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for pr1nnyraiding: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

mattiesmat

145 posts
Joined 05/2008

Hey,

Very helpful and good video.
I have a question however.
You gave a pretty tight range for open raising on the button.
What about open limping some hands like medium Kings and Queens?

Posted over 6 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2633 posts
Joined 10/2007

Hey,

Very helpful and good video.
I have a question however.
You gave a pretty tight range for open raising on the button.
What about open limping some hands like medium Kings and Queens?

we generally do not advocate limping until we have a reason to. Also our range is pretty tight so far since we're trying to lay the foundation for a "General" strategy, keeping new players out of trouble. As the series progresses, you will see hands we analyze where we're playing starting hands that are outside of our general strategy, and we usually give the reasoning for why we'd play those particular hands.

At some point we do limp some hands (i think probably in the videos we made towards the end of the series?) and we'll give the reasoning for doing so (usually because we're getting 3bet a ton), but as a default we like to teach a raise or fold strategy from the button until we have a reason to deviate from that.

Hope you're enjoying the series,
WoT

Posted over 6 years ago

itsruss

17 posts
Joined 08/2008

copy/paste the above and put it into a .pah file, then you should be able to import it.

not sure why the right click/save as method didn't work on ie... works fine for me.

WoT

Hey man,

How do you import the .pah file?

Will that work for UltimateBet as well?

Thanks..

Posted about 6 years ago

carolinchens

1 posts
Joined 02/2009

P.s.: Sorry - i saw you answered this question to some other guys. Sorry for posting ouble!

hi

i just started NL HU and already saw the dogisheads Up series and think it was pretty good! When i saw you openraisingrange you spoke about in the first episode i get a bit confused. You openraise only 35% from the button (you don´t show K8o and Q7o etc. in your charts) - i don´t unerstand why playing sooo tight? Gman and Dogishea spoke about openraising about 75% from the button? where ist my fault in unerstanding?

regards

Posted over 5 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2633 posts
Joined 10/2007

P.s.: Sorry - i saw you answered this question to some other guys. Sorry for posting ouble!

hi

i just started NL HU and already saw the dogisheads Up series and think it was pretty good! When i saw you openraisingrange you spoke about in the first episode i get a bit confused. You openraise only 35% from the button (you don´t show K8o and Q7o etc. in your charts) - i don´t unerstand why playing sooo tight? Gman and Dogishea spoke about openraising about 75% from the button? where ist my fault in unerstanding?

regards

we wanted to start off people in pr1nnyraiding 1 playing tight from both bb and sb. i think we might have over done it, although i do think that opening 75% from the sb is too much for someone who is just starting out in HU poker. i think somewhere between 55 and 65% is probably better, but i think we did over do it a little with our recommendations. In our defense, we did comment a few times throughout this series that our chart is where you should START and then adjust based on player type after we figure out how the the match is gonna go (likely getting more aggro/loose)

Hope that helps
WoT

Posted over 5 years ago

JeckaJam

10 posts
Joined 07/2008

Is there a reason that the starting hands for the button for offsuit connectors you left out Q9o+?

Posted over 5 years ago

WiltOnTilt

2633 posts
Joined 10/2007

Is there a reason that the starting hands for the button for offsuit connectors you left out Q9o+?

oversight

Posted over 5 years ago

mogwai316

712 posts
Joined 07/2008

I'm watching the series a year after it was released. Just thought it was hilarious that the guy who bought in for 40bb and hit+ran Wilt for like $5 is now a big winner at 5000NL HU. Maybe he saw the video and was inspired by it?

Posted over 5 years ago

simpleasspie

404 posts
Joined 05/2009

I gonna learn how to beat shorties Im so excited!

mogwai316, i wonder how many times at a day he does hit-n-run at 25/50 now, lol

Posted over 5 years ago

aMunkWins

8 posts
Joined 07/2009

This video is not working for me. All the other videos is working Smile

Posted about 5 years ago

Entity

8667 posts
Joined 11/2006

This video is not working for me. All the other videos is working Smile

The video plays back fine here -- what browser are you using? Are you trying to download, and if so, which version, or are you playing it back inside the browser (Flash streaming)?

Rob

Posted about 5 years ago

DurzoBlint

99 posts
Joined 09/2009

Hi everyone,
Since we don't fold tp until we have a reason to , i think that could be interesting to list here what are your reasons for folding tp, and even more interesting if some coaches could give their opinions.Here is one i was thinking about recently:

-Flop c/r + turn barrell from a villain who has low 3bet% (and in line c/r flop %)

I think this could be a reason because villain's range here is full of overpairs and tp that has us outkicked (at worse).Opinions?
Also has someone reasons for folding it on the flop?

Thanks

Posted about 5 years ago

eLf1

8 posts
Joined 11/2009

dangaveyou

1 posts
Joined 06/2010

Just won 10 heads-up sit an go's in a row after watching this video... I actually haven't lost since watching this.

Posted about 4 years ago

Daimontz

2 posts
Joined 04/2010

Time Link to 00:08:15

How do you do this in bigger buyin games? You wont get it in on the river with 3x that easy.

Posted almost 4 years ago

HomePoker ForumsHeads Up NL → pr1nnyraiding : Episode One