Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by BigBadBabar (Mid Stakes)

Merging Pachyderm: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Merging Pachyderm: Episode One by BigBadBabar

BigBadBabar loads up 2 tables and gets right into the $5/10 LHE action.

About Merging Pachyderm Subscribe to

BigBadBabar heads over to the Merge Network to check out the limit hold'em games and give some analysis for U.S. players..

Tags

bigbadbabar lhe $5/10 video review merging pachyderm 2-tabling

Video Details

• Game: lhe
  • Stakes: Mid Stakes
  • 55 minutes long
  • Posted over 2 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Merging Pachyderm: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

procaine

181 posts
Joined 11/2008

Hi BBB,

little question at 23.08

when we have 5h4c instead of 65 with the board being the KcTc 5c 6c , there is the possibility our flush gets outdrawn on the river.
would you bet the turn in that case (with the risk of being XR) or would you still check turn call river?

tx for the good video

procaine

Posted over 2 years ago

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:21:02

So peeling flops is something I'm a little lost on when defending in the BB. I would have peeled here with backdoor flush/straight draws and thinking a turn T or 8 have some value, but this must be a leak for me. You mentioned this flop hits his range harder than ours? Or is his hand range itself just so much stronger? I can’t really ask what you would have needed to continue here since that is too broad of a question, but…

Would it be possible to get a focused DC short similar to what OnTheRail15 did with checking back the flop, or perhaps a full series (lol, or series of DC shorts) discussing how we respond to different villains (with their accompanying hand ranges), different flops, and how are actual hand affects these decisions?

Posted over 2 years ago

lolgovernments

22 posts
Joined 08/2011

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

Hi BBB,

little question at 23.08

when we have 5h4c instead of 65 with the board being the KcTc 5c 6c , there is the possibility our flush gets outdrawn on the river.
would you bet the turn in that case (with the risk of being XR) or would you still check turn call river?

tx for the good video

procaine

hi procaine, you bring up a good point. often on a 4flush board where one of my cards is the lowest flush card (like K897cccc and i have 93 with the 3 of clubs or whatever) you will want to bet the turn, so as not to give opponent a free look at a river chop. when i have a flush card that is going to play regardless of the river card, then i'm less worried about giving a free card. i think with 5h4c here i would bet the turn for that reason. i don't think bet/folding the 65 would be bad either - some of the time they will call again with a nonflush flopped pair, since the turn is a good card for me to second barrel on if i decided to bluff the flop when checked to

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

So peeling flops is something I'm a little lost on when defending in the BB. I would have peeled here with backdoor flush/straight draws and thinking a turn T or 8 have some value, but this must be a leak for me. You mentioned this flop hits his range harder than ours? Or is his hand range itself just so much stronger? I can’t really ask what you would have needed to continue here since that is too broad of a question, but…

Would it be possible to get a focused DC short similar to what OnTheRail15 did with checking back the flop, or perhaps a full series (lol, or series of DC shorts) discussing how we respond to different villains (with their accompanying hand ranges), different flops, and how are actual hand affects these decisions?

Yes, his hand range is much stronger than ours to begin with. And the doesn't really hit either of our ranges super hard so it wasn't super accurate of me to say it that way in the video. a better way to say it would have been to say that UTG has a strong range, i pretty much missed completely, and i'm getting a poor price on a peel. i think if you're regularly checkcalling flops in this kind of spot, with basically just two backdoors, it'll be a clear leak -- especially if doing so vs very strong and narrow ranges such as a UTG open. if for example i defended this hand vs someone's button open, then i think checkraise and checkcall are both playable.

but in general you're getting 5:1, with only backdoors (call it 2-3 outs), and sometimes you'll make a pair and still be crushed or hamstrung/unable to get value. so watch out for overloose peels there. i think it's safe to say i'm continuing (more or less in general, regardless of board texture) with things like flopped pairs, pocket pairs, good draws, maybe good ace highs depending on the board, etc

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

lolgovernments

22 posts
Joined 08/2011

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:49:07

That's just such and odd preflop limp. Even though he's showing 27/16, I'm guessing after a larger sample size it must move towards like 40/12...or wherever Q5s falls on the chart.

When deciding to raise the flop, I think you're happy if something like KClub THeart folds, so I don't hate the raise. But I dunno, if hes limping this hand maybe he's not folding two overs and a club? Also I think he cold calls a lot with a gutshot/overs, and other 8's (I'm guessing most of those have you beat btw), so I'm not sure how you're doing against that range.

So I kinda ran into a similar problem, but in my example there was a preflop raiser left to act and the board wasn't as drawy.

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

That's just such and odd preflop limp. Even though he's showing 27/16, I'm guessing after a larger sample size it must move towards like 40/12...or wherever Q5s falls on the chart.

When deciding to raise the flop, I think you're happy if something like KClub THeart folds, so I don't hate the raise. But I dunno, if hes limping this hand maybe he's not folding two overs and a club? Also I think he cold calls a lot with a gutshot/overs, and other 8's (I'm guessing most of those have you beat btw), so I'm not sure how you're doing against that range.

So I kinda ran into a similar problem, but in my example there was a preflop raiser left to act and the board wasn't as drawy.

yeah, i think looking at it again a raise is fine because the opportunity to get him out and to then be in position for the rest of the hand is a nice one. i'm also happy if he folds pretty much anything

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

your hand seems really straightforward as a flop raise. pot is bigger, for one thing

Posted over 2 years ago

SIide

2405 posts
Joined 12/2008

Time Link to 00:50:20

Calling 2 more on the flop, then folding a brick turn seems bad and I think inconsistent. Seems like we should either be continuing on these turns or just folding the flop when faced with the cap. I don't think we're getting enough of an immediate price on the flop to justify calling 2 more only to fold on brick turns.

I think whether we should call the flop for two more is close and I don't hate a fold.

Posted over 2 years ago

JimmyJack

52 posts
Joined 04/2010

Love BBB vids, lots of friskiness going on too!

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

Calling 2 more on the flop, then folding a brick turn seems bad and I think inconsistent. Seems like we should either be continuing on these turns or just folding the flop when faced with the cap. I don't think we're getting enough of an immediate price on the flop to justify calling 2 more only to fold on brick turns.

I think whether we should call the flop for two more is close and I don't hate a fold.

yeah, looking at it again, i like folding the flop for two more the first time.

Posted over 2 years ago

BigBadBabar

4501 posts
Joined 03/2007

Love BBB vids, lots of friskiness going on too!

ty imo

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid/High Stakes Limit Hold'em → Ghost : BigBadBabar (#4) - 2-tabling $5/10 LHE