Poker Video: Limit Hold'Em by DeathDonkey (High Stakes)

Donk Tales: Episode One

This video is a two minute preview. To view the entire video, please Log In or Sign Up Now
Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Donk Tales: Episode One by DeathDonkey

DeathDonkey kicks off his new series with some HH review at the high stake live games he has recently been playing.

About Donk Tales Subscribe to

DeathDonkey coaches whatever and however he sees fit to make you a better LHE player. Stakes and video format will vary from week to week.

Tags

deathdonkey donk tales lhe live play hh review hand replayer ipod friendly

Video Details

• Game: lhe
  • Stakes: High Stakes
  • 47 minutes long
  • Posted almost 3 years ago

Downloads

Premium Subscribers can download high-quality, DRM-free videos in multiple formats.

Comments for Donk Tales: Episode One

or track by Email or RSS

Grindcore

2383 posts
Joined 11/2008

Donk Tales! whoohoo
Everyday they're out there making
Donk Tales! Woohoo

Posted almost 3 years ago

KCStrom

444 posts
Joined 02/2007

Psychobingo

1381 posts
Joined 03/2008

Time Link to 00:41:52

Where do you cut the line for valuebetting? I mean, i dont think this HAS to be a bet, but it most certainly can. Alot of combos of A5/A6/A8 that may pay off, i dont think we`re ever (atleast rarely) getting checkraise-bluffed, and dont we kinda polarize ourselves if we check back 99?

Edit: Oh lol, i just saw that he checkraised TT.

johnmatthew

4 posts
Joined 11/2011

prestonp

322 posts
Joined 11/2009

Time Link to 00:07:56

In case anyone is curious,

there is 1 combo of ASpade AHeart
6 combos of AK (half as you said will have ASpade)
3 combos of KK
6 combos of QQ (half with QSpade)
6 combos of JJ (half with JSpade)
12 combos of KQ (3 with the QSpade)

Juice

431 posts
Joined 02/2010

Time Link to 00:06:24

I dont disagree with playing the flop this way but I might be less convinced we are going to get a turn barrel close to 100% from most players, nor do I think they necessarily should be. And I can think of a lot of live players I would opt to x/r the flop right away because they are going to be checking the turn more than I want them to be. I can think of a lot of players that might check back pairs less than Kx without a spade, and some that even might check behind those hands with a spade... and to be honest I dont think thats terrible if you think your opponent is always going to wait for the turn. But again, as a default, I like the way you played the flop for all the reasons you said ... I think we are getting the turn barrel/call down with worse often enough, as well as being able to see the turn before deciding whether or not to put in more action.

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:13:38

DD, you refer to the weak player in the BB as the main reason for opening. Is this just due to the tough nature of the games the reason why his presence overrides you position and other players behind you? You're in effect UTG in a 6max game--would you still be opening this hand then with the same player in the BB? Also, were you slightly less worried about someone coming in behind you (i.e. were those players not adjusting to the weak BB like you)?

Posted over 2 years ago

grandmofftarkin

495 posts
Joined 04/2011

Time Link to 00:18:20

When looking at making him fold to a 3-bet and 3 barrel bluff, did I do this math right for his hand combinations we're targeting?

11 hands he's NOT folding on the turn:
3 combos of AA set
3 combos of QQ set
2 combos of AQ suited (Club's and Spade's)
plus 3 combos of ASpade K/J/T Spade (but folding brick river's missing 2pair/flush)

and 15? he potentially folds to a 3-bet or on the river when he misses improving to 2 pair:
3 combos AClub K/J/TClub
3 combos AHeart K/J/THeart
9 combos of AK offsuit

[Edit: Is this an accurate range given his preflop 3! and turn raise?]

Posted over 2 years ago

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

DD, you refer to the weak player in the BB as the main reason for opening. Is this just due to the tough nature of the games the reason why his presence overrides you position and other players behind you? You're in effect UTG in a 6max game--would you still be opening this hand then with the same player in the BB? Also, were you slightly less worried about someone coming in behind you (i.e. were those players not adjusting to the weak BB like you)?

Yes, ironically if the game was much softer I'd be less inclined to raise since a hand like that fairs poorly OOP multiway or even heads up OOP, but in this case the Gap Concept will help make it likely I get away with the extended steal, the reward is high (get to play a pot heads up with the fish), and certainly good players are going to fold some hands that I would hate to get isolated by and I'll get away with it (say like A9o). Also its a race to get this fish's money, I gotta take my chances.

Posted over 2 years ago

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

When looking at making him fold to a 3-bet and 3 barrel bluff, did I do this math right for his hand combinations we're targeting?

11 hands he's NOT folding on the turn:
3 combos of AA set
3 combos of QQ set
2 combos of AQ suited (Club's and Spade's)
plus 3 combos of ASpade K/J/T Spade (but folding brick river's missing 2pair/flush)

and 15? he potentially folds to a 3-bet or on the river when he misses improving to 2 pair:
3 combos AClub K/J/TClub
3 combos AHeart K/J/THeart
9 combos of AK offsuit

[Edit: Is this an accurate range given his preflop 3! and turn raise?]

Looks right to me (I suck with this stuff and tired, sorry), and yeah I think that's fine for his range.

Posted over 2 years ago

HLS2k6

686 posts
Joined 11/2007

Time Link to 00:34:19

Assuming the tricky player did in fact fold, what are you assigning as the fish's river calling range? If we assume it's at least a pair and remember that he took 3 to the face preflop, seems like he needs to have more 7x in his range than I feel comfortable assigning him. Do you really think he called 3 cold and is calling down with 22-55? Just how big a fish is this?

Posted over 2 years ago

DeathDonkey

5389 posts
Joined 11/2006

This was a truly special fish. He didn't necessarily need to have a pair to get to the river, I was thinking he would often just have something hopeless like KQ no pair no draw and fold river. You are right though that the parlay was kinda big and probably too big to be worthwhile. I think I said in the video I would not have made the play in retrospect.

Posted over 2 years ago

HLS2k6

686 posts
Joined 11/2007

Time Link to 00:34:19

You did say that, but primarily in the context of the reasonable player having us beat and not folding his hand. I was thinking we may have been in 3rd place here a fair amount, is all. This was a really great video, btw.

Posted over 2 years ago

DosXX

384 posts
Joined 01/2008

I'm replying to the 2nd hand, where you have 76s, before I see the results after you've decided to 3 bet the turn. I pretty much disagree with everything you said, lol. First of all, I think the only way this hand can be an open preflop is if the players behind you fall on the tight end of the spectrum of good players. If the players behind you are even a little on the lighter 3 betting side, this is an easy fold I think, even with the BB in there.

Once I get raised on the turn, I don't expect your opponent to ever fold his hand often enough. Unless he can have something like AT and raise/call the turn to fold the river, I think you just don't have enough fold equity. But I'm not sure our opponent should even raise a hand like AT on the turn.

Posted over 2 years ago

HomePoker ForumsMid/High Stakes Limit Hold'em → Donk Tales : Episode One