December 07, 2011
What you need :
- A place to stay : Depending on how long you are planning to be around , a guest house might do the job, hotel if you are more balla or a nice condo. Being around the city is fine, farther is more quiet but more far from the bars.
- A bike , aka "scooter", you can walk around but most of the time you want to move in scooter and be self-sufficient. I dont see peoples taking taxi or tuktuk for 6 months.. And its fun ! Be sure to get a decent helmet.. its somewhat semi-crazy here, driving with half-rules and on the left side of the road. Note : A bike can be repaired, not your head !
- Skype chat : With peoples in CM, poker players. Get to know more people and when its time to talk poker, thailand or whatever, your not gonna always be on your own.
- A Phone : Esp if its your first time, get a working phone / phone card with some peoples # before being in town, you never know what can happen and I think its a good idea to have some backup plan.
- Talking about backup plans, get some cash changed @ airport for local currency : So if your credit/debit card get frozen for any reasons and you dont have a phone, well you might end up sleeping in the streets for real !