April 29, 2012
Right I have a day off today and I realise that I need to start this challenge up again from the start. Last night I played 2200 hands playing 4 tables and loved it. I doubt that I ran that well but I played how I wanted to play. I have the card manager on which gave me 20/16/7 range. The thing that changed my play and made me think about my play is turning off the auto top up.
This enabled me to see how much each bet / call and fold was costing me. I would though reload at any point less than 90bb. I then saw how much small mistakes were costing me. It also felt like a time about 6-7 years ago. A time when I really was enjoying poker a great deal. Most poker sites didn't have auto reload function and multi tabling was not all that common.
I also had my monthly calendar when I marked every 100 hands and gave each lot a colour coded rating of how well I played. Between Red, Blue, Orange and Green. This allowed me to closely monitor my play without being results orientated as only my VPIP/PFR/3bet was on display. It made me want to put in just that one more lot of 100 hands and work that bit longer an harder.
So I am now on Day 2 when it should be Day 7. I am only at 2200 hands but I am much more comfortable with this set up. I am also going to mega busy as I am going to have to look after my sister in law as she has broke her wrist and has a young daughter to look after. I am going to go over my hands at the end of the 28 day period on Saturday 26th May 2012. So what exactly is this going to be:
- 28 Days "Saturday 28th April 2012 - Friday 25th May 2012"
- 60,000 hands, 6 days a week.
- Card Manager on at all times.
- Auto Reload Off.
- Marking and rating every 100 hands on my calender.
- Absolutely no checking of results.
- Never any more than 4 tables on screen.
- Thinking through hands in a logical manner and pretending to explain to a student / friend as to why I am do something (Even if Jen's going to think I am nuts).
- Leave when I stop getting low rated 100 hand slots.