November 19, 2009
I didnâ€™t post my daily update today as I am running of my MacBook for the rest of the week and there is no analysis software for mac. Just of the top of my head I think I dropped around $20 (will update this post when my desktop back up and running). Even though I had a negative I am happy with most of my play. So after the session I asked myself what is different between this losing day and my other days?
- I was running without a HUD
- I couldnâ€™t see mucked cards automatically
- I played more hands at $0.5/$1
- I played more HU and short
- More number 1 vs. number 2 situations
The one thing I am not going to do is harp on about bad beats no one wants to hear it and I donâ€™t think it is productive. I did not realise until today how much I have come to depend on my HUD. I know some people think that a HUD in TD is useless, however when playing more then two tables I find it helpful when I am facing close decisions. I will post my HUD setup when my main computer is back up and running. I am glad I had a losing day today as it reminds me how thin an edge I have in TD. Lessons from todayâ€™s session:
- Even a player that draws 2 on the last draw can make the nuts.
- In the short run an inexperienced player that draws rough can run you over.
- 2347 draws will miss nearly as often as they hit. Remain calm when you lose.
- Variance is higher HU.
- If you play HU expect your opponent to leave when in front. This is standard.
- I need to take better notes.
- 4 card draws can quickly converge to strong hands. Donâ€™t get stubborn.
- Folding is also an option. Getting a good price to draw dead is not good value.
- Donâ€™t auto-cap number 2 against an unknown. Stop, review action and decide.
I am happy that I didnâ€™t let tilt effect my game today. Until my desktop is back up and running I will not be putting any hands at TD. I will be working on some programming stuff for the rest of the week.Update
Just loaded the hand histories into poker hands and it turns out I lost $6 not $20. Complete session stats shown below: