January 18, 2011
I'm a little late in posting this... but some of you have been seeing me post in Skype Groups about it. I finally got around to setting this up though.
For those of you wondering, my previous cash challenge wasn't going so well so I stopped it until I finish coaching to fix some issues that I've been having. This new challenge actually came up as a prop bet between friends the other night. I was talking to them about how I was crushing STT/MTT in December and even boasted that I could flip a $50 into $1000 in no time. One of my buddies immediately called me out and offered $1000 to my $500 that I wouldn't be able to do it.... and let alone quickly. He was so sure he even offered a whole month to try and accomplish it.
I then jumped at the opportunity... after all I've had a few huge scores in MTT in December so the $500 wouldn't hurt me that much... and I'm a Microstakes STT $tunna. (Thanks to Vandweller and DeucesCracked)
1) I have to start with $50 in my account... rest of my roll has be out of my account to remove any confusion... any rakeback earned can count but the previous rakeback check that will be coming on the 15th of Jan. has to be withdrawn so that there will be and if I'm bust he can see that I reloaded with more money if he felt the need to check.
2) I can play any stakes I want but it has to be strictly Tournaments... no cash game count.
3) Freerolls count.
4) Bonuses count but only up to $50 worth (just like a new deposit). AP points to cash, leaderboard bonuses also count.
5) I have one month from first day of play and there can be no pauses (e.g. take 3 weeks off and then continue)
6) I have to keep an updated blog with HEM pictures to use in conjunction with Sharkscope (since it is off considerably).
The highest risk of ruin I have is getting the $50 to $100. That is where the most risk of busting is since I plan to be playing $6.50s. I could consider dropping to the $3 games but I don't know the field (the regs tendancies in particular to exploit) which is what I feel grants me a significant advantage in the $6.50's but the main issue is that I'll be rolled for about 7 games. If I catch a good streak and get to the $100 mark I'll be money... if I catch a bad run I'll be bust.