November 18, 2009
Here are some notes I had about Online Tells â€“ I think these came mostly from an article in Bluff. I also have an OUTSTANDING article by Jennifear printed out that I reference.
- Pause + check â€“ Opponent is trying to disguise a weak hand.
- Pause + bet â€“ Opponent has a strong hand and needed time to think about bet sizing.
- Pre-Flop Insta-3 Bet â€“ Opponents has a strong hand
- Insta-Cbet on flop â€“ Opponent had already made up his mind he would CBET. If your hand is weak, RAISE. If your hand is strong, CALL with hopes heâ€™ll fire a 2nd barrel.
- Insta-call on a 2-tone board or Open-ended Straight board â€“ Opponent is drawing
- Insta-River Bet â€“ Insta-Bet on the river is generally weak. A strong hand he would have to take time to think of bet sizing. If you have a hand capable of beating a bluff, just call. No sense raising because heâ€™ll never call. You win the same pot as raising without risking any chips in case youâ€™re wrong.
BET SIZING TELLS
- Minimum or small pre-flop 3BET â€“ He usually has AA. Very common tell. They want to raise but keep you in the pot.
- Weak Flop Bet/DONK BET â€“ Opponent is weak. They are betting to see where they are at or itâ€™s a POST OAK BLUFF. Raise and fold to a reraise.
- The 999 Bet â€“ Opponent is trying to make it look like itâ€™s more than it is. He doesnâ€™t want action. Donâ€™t get too out of line.
- The Post Flop Overshove â€“ Opponent is Semi-bluff with a draw. This is the correct play for them with considering the number of outs and potential fold equity. You should call with top pair and hold 1 time. Fold if you donâ€™t have top pair.
- Tilt-monkey Mega-Ranter
- Bad player who gets worse on tilt. Bluff scare cards like Aces to play to their fears that they have been â€œscrewed again.â€
- The Gloater â€“ Tight/passive player. Respect their raises but otherwise take advantage of them.
- Why do you raise every hand whiner â€“ Run over them until they play back at you.
- You raised with 86 what a donkey whiner â€“ Bet when he checks because heâ€™s straight forward.
- The Professor â€“ Ask him how he would have played it.
- Out of position from the blinds â€“ When they call your raise and then bet into on the flop they want to know where they are. Reraise them and theyâ€™ll usually fold. To NOT do this is a LEAK.