January 08, 2010
Yeah, so, I didnâ€™t do a great job of hitting my December goals BUT I studied a TON and played a TON â€“ it was just hard to make time to update the blog.
My Goals were:
1) Focus on Cash Games: done. 53k hands. I REALLY like cash games â€“ I wish I were better at them. Iâ€™ll get there though.
2) Post notes for a video series. â€“ Missed this goal. I studied a TON, but it was more reading than watch vids. I can understand why some folks say that poker books have been replaced by training vids. They are right, and they are wrong. For me, it takes both. Iâ€™ve seen a few concepts in vids that I â€œthoughtâ€ I understoodâ€¦.but then read the same thing in a book and it kinda drove it home.
3) Make 3 member vids: Missed this, but making up for it in a BIG way. My old computer just wouldnâ€™t get it done. I got a new PC for xmas (quad core processor, 8gb memory, 700 gb hard drive)â€¦my bitch is so fast I could purposely INSTALL a virus on her and she still wouldnâ€™t slow down. Effective 1/3/10, Iâ€™ve been recording EVERY session. This is going to help since Iâ€™m kinda on information overloadâ€¦I think reviewing my play is going to help me take the next step.
4) Volume goal: done! >53k hands of cash games.
5) Begin blog series outlining my progress to this point. â€“ Done. Iâ€™ve started writing it, but decided that itâ€™d be better to complete it then post it all at once. The format just gets messy any other way.
Been playing like shit â€“ but at the same time I feel like Iâ€™m know more now than everâ€¦
FTP: $28.63 â€“ ugh
PS: $17.95 â€“ brutal
Iâ€™m almost bustoâ€¦.but hanging in there.
Played my first live SMG at a casino on Jan 3rd. $115 each. I played 2 and busted 6th and 5th. I felt like I was probably the best at the table, it just didnâ€™t work out. The important thing is to start to get comfortable in a casino setting so I can hit Vegas within 2 years.