December 03, 2009
Had to take the last couple of weeks in November away from poker and focus on the family. Itâ€™s hard for folks to understand when you spend time doing something for the knowledge and future benefit â€“ and not being results oriented. All good though. Iâ€™m focused, driven, and committed. I feel like itâ€™s a bit of a setback though because Iâ€™ve been almost completely focused on SNGs since I started really trying to learn in May and I think that Iâ€™m going to have to switch to cash games. I think Iâ€™ve been trying to learn to THINK about poker, though, so Iâ€™m a little scared â€“ but thatâ€™s not the same as being afraid (for you Sister Hazel fans:))I hope the flexibility of cash games will help me balance my dedication to home and poker.
*CURRENT STATE OF MY GAME: *
- I FINALLY got rakeback at Full Tilt!!! â€“ â€œLeakâ€ fixed!
- PokerStars â€“ $19.05 (I deposited $10. Margin = +$9.03)
- Full Tilt â€“ $107.46 (Margin = +$44.48)
Thatâ€™s a winning month for the results-oriented ..:)..j/k. It is probably something to note that I got down to my last $2 in my Full Tilt account while multi-tabling 90-man KOs. I busted out on all but 1 â€“ but took the last one down for $72 + bounties. Hot Diggy!! Thatâ€™s a rush I donâ€™t care if I ever feel again.
- Iâ€™m still a bad player and will spend more time studying than playing.
- I feel like Iâ€™m becoming less risk averse. Itâ€™s still a focus point though.
My short term goals for November were:
- Get audio/video to synch properly for vids. â€“ Done! I had to default my laptop to do it though.
- * *Review notes for 3 series and post them. â€“ this was too aggressive. IMPOSSIBLE to retain that much info. I posted 11 individual video notes though.
- Review notes for 2 books and post them. â€“ Again, too aggressive.
On both of those last 2 goals, I made a conscious choice to focus on the quality of my learning rather than hit the goal for the sake of hitting it.
- Begin focus on cash games
- Post notes for NLHE vid series
- Make at least 3 member vids and post for feedback
- Undetermined volume goal (I still need to study 60% and play 40%. iâ€™m unsure how much I can play given the home situation. Iâ€™ll throw out: 3 days per week. 2 hours per day. 24 hours of playing time.)
- Begin blog series detailing my experience wit poker so far. Maybe itâ€™ll help someone else.