December 17, 2009
Its hard to not keep track of your winnings while youâ€™re playing a session, this is especially true for me. There is absolutely no benefits from looking at your cashier every 15 mins. And what doesnâ€™t benefit you only hurts you. Many times I thought I should be up like 2 BIs to only find out that I am less than a buy in up which leads to tilt. So from today onwards I am not going to check my cashier or HM until xmas.
2009 is coming to an end. I started the year with hopes to beat 2/4 by the end of the year which have failed badly. I started the year at 50nl and now play 200nl. What I have learned this year :
- Spend more time on learning the game while the opportunity cost is not as high.
- Good table selection â†’ higher win rate â†’ less swongs â†’ less tilt â†’ profit
- Active learning is 10x better than passive learning. Watching a 1 hour video and only learning not to 3bet QJ OTB is 1 hour of profits lost.
- I am not as good at poker as I thought
Goals for 2010 :
- Make it to 5/10 by the end of the year
- Learn omaha
- Stop smoking
- invest 30% of online profits each month