August 17, 2010
Last month, I'd been playing mostly cash, however, by the end of the month I realised that while it was quite a good educational experience for me at the time, the games weren't really very beatable, or if they were, by a small margin. My plan this month was to go back to the grind online, improve my game and play some live tourneys, the reason for this was
1. to improve the fastest
2. to give myself a chance of binking a live tourney so that I can go ahead and afford to play the series at the start of next month
3. to get better at live tourneys, something I wanna do eventually, and get reads on the people at the club.
However, at the moment, it seems pretty unlikely that my bankroll is going to support this series (total liability is around 1.4k), and it just seems a giant waste if I don't play this series, as the tourneys are invariably very juicy.
So here's what I propose:
Of all the tourneys listed -Â http://www.gutshot.com/bforum/showthread.php?t=36939
The ones I would like staking for are the Â£300+30 (+5), Â£200+15( +5) and the Â£750+50(+10) events.
the total is therefore Â£1365, and I would like to keep 30% of that, leaving 70% at Â£136.5 each 10%, I will most likely be playing If I manage to sell 60% of the share.
Each event is therefore weighted as 24.5%, 16% and Â 59.5% respectively.
Now the only slight complication to this, is that I will also be playing satellites for each event, and in the case that I do get a seat, I have not decided whether to take the seat 100% for myself. So if you are ok with it, I would like to reserve the right to return your money back to you (for the event that I've satellited into), should I quality through the sats.
If I don't qualify through the sats, I will definitely, 100% be taking the staking deal forward and playing the events.
I feel like I should make a case for why I think I am +EV in these tournaments, however, if you're reading this, you most likely know me, and I can assure you, it's not so much that I think I'm +EV, it's that the players are so spewy, I can't really not be.
Please bear with me as this is my first time doing a tourney stake deal, if you have questions, please ask on skype, and I would appreciate if someone can confirm my maths.