January 08, 2012
What a busy week. I'm back in school now and spent close to 500 bucks on books ( so gross) and I still need one more book. All my classes seem pretty interesting except for shitty women and gender studies this is going to be a tough one to get through.
As for my targets this week I did manage to reach 100 games, but I had to bump from 4 tabling to 6 tabling on the last day to reach my target. It has made me realize that I feel pretty comfortable playing that many tables and might just stick with it. With school,kickboxing and my social life I think 6 tabling will be easier to reach my target of 100 games per week. So we will see how that goes. As for making any money I am sorry to report that I have lost some BIs and that my bankroll is shrinking. It gets so frustrating knowing that I can't even beat the micros. It also seems that even the micro's 18 mans are heavily infested with regs which really doesn't help, but I know if I keep working I can turn things around. Hey worst comes to worst I have to through some more money at this game that I love lol. Oh well.
As you can see by my graph things are not looking the greatest, very up and down and down and down lol.
- So I completed: 100 touneys
- ROI%: -10.8%
- In the money%: 25.3%
- Winnings: -36.74 (about 12BIs)
- Time played: 20hours
- $/hr: -$1.94
- Avg Buyin: $3.44
- ROI %: 1.3%
- Winnings: $4.47
- $/hr: 0.24
So it was a bad week, but hey things could have been worse I could have 0 dollars in my BR right?
HH's: defintely have been going over my troubled spots and talking about them on skype which really helps. I have found 2 great groups of guys that love to talk about this game and my game is dveloping alot faster because of these guys and I thank you very much for any help you may have offered me. Thank you.
As for my studying targets: I was able to finish a chapter of Colin moshmons book about Calling All-ins and Profitable “Passive” Plays. This chapter was crucial for me on understanding on how to play when I am short stacked and when to open my calling ranges against other villains. I have really enjoyed this book and has also helped me develop my game and feel more confident in my decision making. ( Thank you Colin Moshmon).
I am also in the middle of reading Tommy Angelo's book which is very insightful and enjoy it very much. I originally watched his vids on the Eightfold Path to Poker Enlighment a while back and did not even consider reading his book. I was still tilting lots, but tried to implement his strategies on helping with my tiltlessness. However some of the things in his videos I had forgotten and when I seen his book while surfing the web I instantly grabbed and dug my nose into it. I have now combined my reading of the book with the videos. I will read a chapter or a section in the book then turn on my Ipod and listen to Tommy and Wayne. This has made me better understand the concepts, theories and a better overall understanding of the game. I advise any serious poker player to read this book and watch his videos. (very entertaining). I have read up to the Table poker section and look forward to reading and understanding this chapter even though I rarley get to play poker at a real table, but I feel it will stil be a needed read for me none the less.
Well I think that pretty much sums up my week and my development is coming along well I look forward to the coming week. Hopeflly we will see a nice turn around, but you never know I could get felted this week lol... O well life is good and poker is just for fun. (for Now) =)
Week 2 Goals:
- Another 100 games (6 tabling) Im pumped to try 6 tabling profitably. I will 6 table till I go broke which isn't much. (about 40 BIs) Not a big deal Im willing to challenge myself and not worry about going broke. I can afford it! PLus I need to 6 table if Im going to reach this goal this week because I am also going to be busy with my studies now that the introductions are done in class and the real work begins. This week is going to be FUN! lol
- Time to move on to the next chapter of Colin Moshmon's book which is Short Handed Play I look forward to this chapter it will be very crucial for me to take in and understand his concepts and use them at the table. Looks like itll be an interesting chapter can't wait to jump in.
- I will also be challenging myself to get the Table poker section of Tommy Angelo's book read and understood. I have read a little bit of it so far and I don't want to put the book down. So I will be reading this chapter as well as watching the video that goes with this section. This shal be interesting.
- And at last my HH's I will continue to go over my hands and take at least an hour away from the tables to critically analyze my games as well as going over the tough spots with the groups in my skype.
- I am still waiting on Greg zerosum79 to reply to me about the video he wants to make with me on the 18man structure on Drag The Bar. I can't wait to be able to pick his brain and help develop my game so I can beat the damn micos. I want to get into the 7s already and make soem real cash or loose it hahaha.
GL at the tables