November 29, 2010
- Got back on Saturday and I just can't shake the jetlag. Got 13 hours of sleep last night and plan on getting at least 10 tonight. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow morning. I had no chance at playing today as I was just too out of it. However it was definitely worth it as Barcelona was awesome, the time flew by but it was a blast and I'll probably try to qualify again next year.
- Also, the food in Barcelona was incredible. They have the meat, iberico ham. It's tough to describe but when I told my brother it's like a ham great tasting that sort of looks like bacon he said "that sounds pretty awesome." and it obviously is. Someone was telling me it's $75/pound in the states but it's incredible and if you're in Spain definitely try it. Actually all the food over there was awesome from the papaya to the fish. Then when I got back I scarfed down thanksgiving leftovers and the 7 boxes of girl scout cookies arrived. I'm too scared to step on the scale, but I will be running a lot in the next couple weeks.
- Have 3 more tries to qualify for the PCA, next 3 Sundays. It's a bit too expensive for me to buy into even with selling action so hopefully I can run well as the place looks amazing. I'll know a few more people going to the PCA and it's something I've wanted to do for a while but never got around to trying to qualify for. If I could win a few flips to win a seat that'd be great poker gods.
- As sick as it is I bought a Christiano Ronaldo jersey in Barcelona. It was in a small shop and I'm pretty sure it was stolen but you couldn't beat the price so I went for it. Fortunately I was able to hide it during the bus ride home.
- I was able to get through the first 9 episodes of Prison Break on the plane. The show is just amazing, however I think I'm going to stop after season 1. Some people have said that Season 2 is also pretty good, but I don't think much can top the epicness so far in Season 1 so I'll be going out on a high note. It is amazing so far and Michael Scofield is just the man.
- The plan is to grind 100 for the rest of 2010. Starting in 2011 I'll be staked/coached by a high stakes pro. I haven't asked him if I could mention his name so I'm not going to, however I'm very excited about it. I told myself I would never take a staking arrangement but this is just too good for me to pass up. He could probably charge at least $500/hour for coaching but says he only does coaching/staking deals. It wasn't hard for me to accept as he's an awesome player and can help me a ton.Â
- Debating whether to stay on a normal sleep schedule or go back to my breakfast one, tomorrow night will be huge for me and I guess we'll see how I feel after Monday Night Football and go from there. I do like the all night one a lot. That's all I got, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
John F. Kennedy