November 16, 2010
- So there was a thread on 2+2 a couple weeks ago that was titled "Why is MNF so popular?". Before reading this I was trying to come up with a good short answer and I couldn't. I opened the thread and the first reply was the answer I was looking for, "Because it's awesome." Simple and true. It's the last day of the week for gamblers to get even and it's the time for fantasy footballers to sweat out the final couple players. Today I had Mike Vick and was down 38 points in my DC $300 league, I figured it was over but was hoping I'd get a sweat. He had 42 points at halftime, booyah.
- A friend sent me this youtube video. and I found it absolutely hysterical. I realize I probably shouldn't and it's impressive that the girls actually finish the race but I'm not quite sure if you'd find me at practice the next day. I would never encourage someone to quit especially mid season but at some point the coach has to realize the 110 hurdles is not your event.
- My brother called me today upset with a teacher and her response to something he posted on one of the classroom forums. Basically saying she doesn't understand the point of the article he posted, etc. So he ends his text with "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions" Which set off a run of like 10 texts with just Pulp Fiction quotes including "Get the Shot!", "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.", and I'ma get medieval on your ass." I didn't see Pulp Fiction until 2004 which is way late but the movie will never get old.
- When I play NHL online with my 2+2 teammates we come up with different names all the time. For example so far this year I've been Lafferty Daniel, Shooter McGavin, and Carl Winslow. However today I came up with a new nickname that's going to stick for a while, John Kreese. For those that don't know John, he's the villain in the Karate Kid trilogy and he's one of the more underrated antagonists of all time. Everything he does just screams douchebag and this is while running a dojo.
- Finally tournaments haven't gone well but I've learned a lot about how they've changed over the past few years. Opens are now much wider and opening sizes are smaller. It used to be bad to resteal with anything less than 15 BBs but now you can realisticly do it with 10. Also, there's so much FPS, people just don't give up on pots, it really is amazing how much people are willing to fight for small pots. Which is fine as long as I make the proper adjustment. Finally, my hand reading is pretty good coming from HU but playing tournaments has helped be decipher fish's ranges HU. Most tourney players are inexperienced post flop and I see a lot of the same lines out of them as bad HU players which I thought was pretty cool.
- Barcelona in a week, it'd be fun to make a run. (Captain obvious)
"I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday." Abraham Lincoln