November 11, 2010
- Since I posted that graph I'm on quite a downswing. I just can't beat fish lately and it's so frustrating. Granted I'm only winning about 40% of showdowns over the past few days but I just can't get a ton going. I'm now down money on the month which isn't a huge deal but come on poker gods, you couldn't let the HU heater continue for another month? Set over set, jack high flush vs king high flush on a AQx board, and of course this is generally at 200 instead of 100. Oh well, moving on.
- I stumbled upon this old Christopher Walken SNL skit the other day and it's one of my favorites. His Blue Oyster Cult skit is generally the most popular and I love that one but I almost enjoy this one more. My brother and I have been saying "It was a horse." for years. Link.
- I thought I was done with textbooks until my finance one came for my (hopefully) new job. They recommend at least 40 hours of self study which is brutal. I always had trouble getting motivated to study outside of class and without a professor teaching me the whole way through it's a little daunting. However the personal finance program at the college I finished at was great and I'm sure that foundation is there, it's just the whole motivation thing.
- I haven't seen Due Date yet but actually think Robert Downey Jr. is a better comedy actor than Zach Galifianaki, I know I'm in the minority here.
- Debating whether to read or just hammer out a whole season of television shows on my way to Barcelona. Also, have 25% left to sell of myself for the Barcelona trip. If you're interesting you can buy a percentage here.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.