October 03, 2010
- Played in a 100 inning charity softball game last night. I think we got like 10 innings in and I was happy to go 5-6, just wish I had any sort of power at the plate as they were all singles. I did have one defensive miscue. I could never catch pop ups while playing hardball and not much has changed in softball. I was playing 2B and this guy hit one a mile high. I misjudged it and started back peddling. As I was reaching back I fell and it must've looked bad since I heard the right centerfielder go "Holy Shit is he OK?"
- Speaking of softball, I just bought an infielders mitt for the first time since little league. It's so much easier to break in one of those than a catchers mitt, although I have become pretty good and breaking these in over the years. However at catchers mitt takes about 10-14 days to break in while I can get an infielders glove ready in a couple of hours.
- I recently placed a bet on the Steelers to win the superbowl at 15-1 with a buddy of mine (you happy Chad?). While I don't bet day to day games anymore, futures bets aren't bad and you get a longer sweat. I don't really have a favorite football team so I'll be rooting for the Steelers the rest of the year.
- Two futures bets I like in baseball are the Rays to win the World Series and the Giants to win the NL (Assuming they get in). I'm tempted to bet the Giants to win the WS since the odds are so much better but I think I'll just pick them in the NL and if it's somehow a Giants/Rays WS, make a bet on the Giants to win it all to hedge.
- Seriously USA 0-5-1 today, so frustrating to watch.
Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. -Groucho Marx