December 21, 2009
- So far my weight loss program has gone well. Iâ€™ve lost 5.5 pounds so far in 3 weeks and should be able to reach my goal with 5 weeks left. Iâ€™m able to run for a longer period of time now and am actually enjoying it. I donâ€™t think Iâ€™d ever be able to run a marathon like Entity, but possibly a 5k or something this summer. Also, eating healthier has become easier with the suggestions of the DC members, before with my previous diets I was generally very hungry but now eating 5 or 6 small meals a day Iâ€™m pretty much full for most of the day.
- As far as poker. 50nl was great until I hit my first break even stretch. Unfortunately at this level going break even for 6k hands feels like losing. I know I need to get rid of that mentality but it can wear on ya after a while. Especially when so many 50nl players are so bad. Calling 70% OOP and never folding. Itâ€™s great when you can hit top pair or better, extremely frustrating when you canâ€™t. Iâ€™ve made some adjustments though so hopefully Iâ€™ll go on a heater soon.
- On a similar note, sometimes itâ€™s best to realize that in any form of pokerâ€¦somedays you just canâ€™t win. Either you run into the top of someones range over and over, canâ€™t get people to fold, strong hands canâ€™t hold, etc. I havenâ€™t played too much 6 max or FR but in HU this can be extremely frustrating. These days can really affect your winrate as some people are very good at limiting the damage and others arenâ€™t. Luckily, Iâ€™ve started to improve so this BE stretch hasnâ€™t turned into a downswing, but if the same thing happened a couple weeks ago Iâ€™d definately would have lost 5 or more buy ins than I have.
- In addition to my previous 2 points; part of the reason poker can be so frustrating is that when improving you donâ€™t see adjustments right away a lot fo the time. For example, with my weight loss goal, I knew if I ate better and exercised Iâ€™d lose weight. If I were playing a sport and practiced the right way consistently Iâ€™d improve. However, this isnâ€™t the case in poker. I really donâ€™t have any advice for this problem other than to watch EPTPE if youâ€™re having trouble with this.
- Fantasy football went well this week. Iâ€™m probably going to go 2-1 no matter how Jason Campbell fares in tonightâ€™s game. I need a miracle in the DC league against Sthief. He had Aaron Rodgers, Vincent Jackson, and Jones-Drew. Iâ€™m down by 59 points and have Campbell, Davis, and Smith while he has Nicks tonight so hopefully I can at least get a sweat out of the game but I doubt it.
Farva: Give me a double bacon cheeseburger.
Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Double baco cheeseburger. Itâ€™s for a cop.
Farva: What the hellâ€™s that all about? You gonna spit in it now?
Dimpus Burger Guy: No, I just told him that so he makes it good.
Dimpus Burger Guy: Donâ€™t spit in that copâ€™s burger.
Farva: Yeah, thanks.
Second Dimpus Guy: Roger, holding the spit.
Farva: Gimme a pieâ€¦ apple.
Dimpus Burger Guy: Want me to hold the spit? Hah, just kidding officer Farva.
Dimpus Burger Guy: Want me to dimpa-size your meal for 25 cents?
Farva: Want me to punch-a-size your face, for free?